Are these wheels suitable?

K.M

Morning all!

First time poster and 2nd day of T6 ownership. I’ll post a thread shortly about how this has come to be but in the meantime I have a quick question for the experts.

Somebody has tried to do me a favour and changed out the standard steel wheels on the T6 T32 4motion for the alloys in the image below. They have come from a T5.

Without me removing them, does anyone happen to know if these are suitable / rated for the T32? I’ll rarely be carrying more than a few sheets of plywood and general DIY stuff, but figure it’s always worth checking.

The long term plan is to upgrade from Startline with colour coded bumpers etc and wheels / tyres will certainly be part of that but… for now… I’m stuck with these :)

IMG_6148.jpeg

Does your T32 have the bigger brakes? If so you’ll need a 17 inch wheel, the photo is for a 16

Sounds like they way it's written they are already on the van?
Hi Cooljock, that’s right, they are already on the van.

The van was previously in the stock steel wheels and these were on a T5. I didn’t ask for them to be changed over but a family friend thought they were helping out by swapping them out for the alloys.

Tyres look ok for T32 as well.
Thank you! Annoyingly the rears are fitted with a different brand to the front but as they get changed out, I’ll get them all matching.

Thanks for all the quick replies - I’ve been lurking in the background in the forum for a while so great to see people are so active and helpful :)

Ooo, a little more mystery.

I’ve just gone in to BlackCircle to get a price for the tyres and these - based on the reg - are the suggested tyres.

Perhaps it came with 17” wheels from the factory and therefore perhaps it also have the big breaks?

The plot thickens…

IMG_6150.png

Strange that 16" wheels fit your van if it's a t32 4motion ! Maybe not all t32's come with bigger brakes

Last edited:
Strange that 16" wheels fit your van if it's a t32 4motion ! Maybe not all t32's come with bigger brakes
It's a common misconception that having a T32 means you have the big brakes. Despite posts to the contrary, the myth still resurfaces from time to time just to confuse the issue.

Last edited:
Back