The wheels are suitably load rated, assuming that you're looking at the 20" SuperMetal wheels that VW offer, but as @Skyliner33 has said, they don't offer a load rated tyre. You just need to find someone else to sell you the wheels who will use a 265/40 tyre which is suitably load rated and perfect for the T32.

If only there was someone on this forum who is a SuperMetal dealer :whistle:
Are you a dealer wink wink

Hello everyone....been lurking in the wings for about 7 or 8 months now trawling through some great info and recommendations, thanks all. I picked up a T6 T32 model in Candy White at the back end of last summer and I'm now just about getting the van to how I want it.
Had some work done on the suspension at CRS had it carpet lined at AbsoluteT5, along with some other subtle changes all through recommendations off this great forum....now for the wheels, what a minefield!!
I've been putting it off for too long now to a point where I wasn't going to bother changing them due to the headache caused with all the things to consider.
I've finally narrowed it down to either the BBS XA (Satin Black polished face) or the AEZ Panama (Black with a polished face) both in 20"... the BBS XA has a longer lead time and as far as I can see are only suitably load rated in the 20" x 9.5 ET42 model.
The AEZ Panama as far as I can gather is suitably load rated at 20" from 8.5 to 11 in width my question is which width wheel is best suited to the T32? It has been dropped about 40mm and I'd hate to spend another load of the hard earned for them to rub every time I rode over a pebble or turned a corner......also this must have a bearing on the size of tyre you intend to fit so any expert advice on that would be much appreciated....:)

Hello everyone....been lurking in the wings for about 7 or 8 months now trawling through some great info and recommendations, thanks all. I picked up a T6 T32 model in Candy White at the back end of last summer and I'm now just about getting the van to how I want it.
Had some work done on the suspension at CRS had it carpet lined at AbsoluteT5, along with some other subtle changes all through recommendations off this great forum....now for the wheels, what a minefield!!
I've been putting it off for too long now to a point where I wasn't going to bother changing them due to the headache caused with all the things to consider.
I've finally narrowed it down to either the BBS XA (Satin Black polished face) or the AEZ Panama (Black with a polished face) both in 20"... the BBS XA has a longer lead time and as far as I can see are only suitably load rated in the 20" x 9.5 ET42 model.
The AEZ Panama as far as I can gather is suitably load rated at 20" from 8.5 to 11 in width my question is which width wheel is best suited to the T32? It has been dropped about 40mm and I'd hate to spend another load of the hard earned for them to rub every time I rode over a pebble or turned a corner......also this must have a bearing on the size of tyre you intend to fit so any expert advice on that would be much appreciated....:)
4motion?
I'm having differential problems just now and vw reckon the staggered wheels have caused the issue.

I have bought some wheels today. They are 8.5j x 20 with a offset of et35. Will these go OK on the t32 with 275 40 20 tyres?

I want 275 40 for comfort and rim protection. They recommended 255 30 102 but the load rating is not enough for the t32...not that they seemed bothered.

Any thoughts...

Don't want them catching (not worried if I have to adjust the plastic arch though)

I have bought some wheels today. They are 8.5j x 20 with a offset of et35. Will these go OK on the t32 with 275 40 20 tyres?

I want 275 40 for comfort and rim protection. They recommended 255 30 102 but the load rating is not enough for the t32...not that they seemed bothered.

Any thoughts...

Don't want them catching (not worried if I have to adjust the plastic arch though)
Depends on the wheels and load rating. Tyres seem chunky for 8.5 from what I have read on here from the experts.

Sure somebody will offer up more than I have.

Any thoughts...

What about a 265 40 or 255 45

Any thoughts...

275/40 is really wide on an 8.5” rim. A 265/40 is better, or a 245/45 can be found with the required T32 load rating (Same overall diameter/sidewall height as 275/40) but a better width on the 8.5” rim. I would recommend the 265/40 though, it’s the best all round compromise for the 8.5” rim on T32.

Any thoughts...

I have the same offset and width wheels and they came with 275/40/20.
I’ve replaced the fronts with 245/45/20 which are the same rolling radius.
Steering is noticeably better and also feels better round corners-I think there was tyre roll before due to the excessive overhang.
They are 103 rated and suitable for my T32.
I put on Pirelli P Zeros which were £280 for the pair at Kwik Fit.
There’s as much rim protection on the front now as there is on the back. The tyre overhang looks the same now as the rears are 10j.
Personally I think it looks better than with the 275.

Well my wheels have arrived but they are a 9.5j x 20 et40 concaved Which is not the size I wanted. (Which was 8.5j 20 et35. But they are the same design)

I am lowered on stance proline minimum 40mm lowered or I can go down to 150mm . Will leave it a 40mm though.

Instead of sending them back will 275 40 20 fit without any problems?

Anyone else running 9.5j x 20 with an et40?

It's a mine field

Back