Just a quick note after reading this. I would stay away from that package.

The tyre is too big. Look at 275/40/19 or 255/45/19 and the offset is too high and will rub on the suspension.

HTH
Thanks - will they rub even with 20mm spacers?

Hi All. First post. Was going to say "be nice", but having read lots of stuff over the last week, this seems to be the most respectful, well run, and informative forum I have ever bumped into. :thumbsup:

So I have finally, after years, put a holding deposit down on a new T32 LWB 4MO, and am absolutely stoked! So started to think all things styling, including wheels. However, since then from my reading on here I am slightly alarmed about the hardship around tyres - wheels seem less of an issue? Adding to my concern - possibly incorrectly - is the subject of rolling diameter of tyres, or more accurately the difference in front to back tyre diameters. I imagine a 275/40/20 on a 9" front wheel has a difference to the same tyre on a 10" rear wheel. Will the 4WD have any issue with this? My wife has a an old AWD CRV, and I had read several things about the importance of having the same tyre on each corner to save stress on the transmission.

Thanks for any info.

Hi All. First post. Was going to say "be nice", but having read lots of stuff over the last week, this seems to be the most respectful, well run, and informative forum I have ever bumped into. :thumbsup:

So I have finally, after years, put a holding deposit down on a new T32 LWB 4MO, and am absolutely stoked! So started to think all things styling, including wheels. However, since then from my reading on here I am slightly alarmed about the hardship around tyres - wheels seem less of an issue? Adding to my concern - possibly incorrectly - is the subject of rolling diameter of tyres, or more accurately the difference in front to back tyre diameters. I imagine a 275/40/20 on a 9" front wheel has a difference to the same tyre on a 10" rear wheel. Will the 4WD have any issue with this? My wife has a an old AWD CRV, and I had read several things about the importance of having the same tyre on each corner to save stress on the transmission.

Thanks for any info.
Welcome!

You'd be better off with 265/40/20 all round, as there's a chance a 275/40 will rub at the front.

The difference in rolling radius caused by the stretch from a 9" to a 10" rim is negligible; on a 265/40 i think you're talking about less that 1mm difference

Welcome!

You'd be better off with 265/40/20 all round, as there's a chance a 275/40 will rub at the front.

The difference in rolling radius caused by the stretch from a 9" to a 10" rim is negligible; on a 265/40 i think you're talking about less that 1mm difference

Thanks for having me.

Yes, sorry, had read that the 265 would be a better option earlier in thread. So would a set 265/40 (hopefully not too difficult to get hold of) on 9 and 10s, dropped 40mm (garage door driven) with the relevant offset give a nice front profile and slight rear stretch, and not rub. Just to mention, I like a bit of stagger.

How do people do this without help?o_O

Thanks for having me.

Yes, sorry, had read that the 265 would be a better option earlier in thread. So would a set 265/40 (hopefully not too difficult to get hold of) on 9 and 10s, dropped 40mm (garage door driven) with the relevant offset give a nice front profile and slight rear stretch, and not rub. Just to mention, I like a bit of stagger.

How do people do this without help?o_O
Yeah with the right offsets that should avoid any rubbing

245/45/20 front
275/40/20 rear.
have same rolling diameter.

Tread depth new is typically 7mm to a min of 1.6 mm. So at least 10mm variance for the tyre life. The 4mo system can not be that sensitive or it would not be fit for purpose.

That is without even considering any pressure variation.

Can I fit 16" wheels on my T6 T32? I thought they all had bigger brakes, so 16 was a no go, but the data plate on the door pillar has info on for 16s??? Thanks.

I am seriously thinking of these to replace my current Wolfrace wheels. Certainly look the biz and the are loaded rated for the T32 :thumbsup:

A35B0260-33A6-4FFE-9D5E-7DE84C55C36B.jpeg

They look far too intricate to keep clean, they would be a nightmare unless copious amounts of wheel sealant is used.
If I did get them then I would get them either Graphene or ceramic coated. That should sort out the cleaning issues.

Last edited:
Is there a reason people use staggered wheel sizes rather than putting spacers on the rear? Probably really obvious but not to me so would welcome the help?

Back