One more thing should I stay on 18inch or go with the 2o inch wheels
That is down to the individual but are definitely considerations to share with Steve at @CRS Performance - he will want to know more about your plans eg lowering, big wheels, conversions etc as they all impact what would be the best solution.

As already said, chat to Steve at CRS. He is the knowledge of all thing bouncy.
Money spent here is possibly the best upgrade you can do as every moment of driving you will feel the quality, or lack of, based on the decisions you make.
I went Koni/H&R (after speaking with Steve) and i'm on 20's, but not 275's on the front. Way too big in my opinion.

I'm not affiliated to any company, so I'm gonna stick my neck out and say this - I think the Bilstein B14's are not a great choice, which is why I avoided them. I think they were the only choice for a while, and bear a great name, but probably thrown together by a third party to fill a gap (pure conjecture on my part). Single tube shock design which is great for the track, but not a van, and rear coil springs that are coil bound by design - really poor. Oh, and snap. Allegedly....

I can tell you that the ride on my ~65mm lowered van with 245/45/20's on the front is absolutely superb. I'm happy with my choice.
Good luck making yours, it is a minefield :thumbsup:

I’m on 20’s on a full conversion swb T28 on standard springs. I've been convinced by a forum member I should get coilovers. These stance seem to have good reviews. 2 questions is it something I should tackle myself ( not mechanically minded) or is there a manchester based recommended installer who can quote me .?

71C13116-C9F4-41C8-A39D-4EA3C997862D.jpeg

I’m on 20’s on a full conversion swb T28 on standard springs. I've been convinced by a forum member I should get coilovers. These stance seem to have good reviews. 2 questions is it something I should tackle myself ( not mechanically minded) or is there a manchester based recommended installer who can quote me .?

View attachment 100303
As above, have a chat with Steve @CRS Performance who will give you a good steer!

I have both the Stance ultra's and Blistein B14's within our household. I have B14' on my camper since 2018 when there was not much else on the market.
Happy with them and they have faired well if a little stiff. I also have the H&R roll bars. Coilovers are wound down about 10mm from the bottom.
IMG_20200412_124008__01__01.jpg

My son bought the £299.00 Stance ultra's, we fitted them ourselves and they have about 40mm left to wound down if he wants. Ride is great, a little softer than the B14's. The springs are not as thick, but the overall quality is better than expected for the price. If they fault after a few years I know I can buy another set and still be quids in. Customer service at Stance is also excellent when I had to contact them about a fitment question on the rears.
IMG_20210115_162549__01__01.jpg

Both vans run the same wheels and tyres so in terms of ride it's an even comparison.

If you have the budget, research the various high end brands of coilovers for top quality, if you have a lower budget then the Stance offer good value in my opinion.

I have both the Stance ultra's and Blistein B14's within our household. I have B14' on my camper since 2018 when there was not much else on the market.
Happy with them and they have faired well if a little stiff. I also have the H&R roll bars. Coilovers are wound down about 10mm from the bottom.
View attachment 100312

My son bought the £299.00 Stance ultra's, we fitted them ourselves and they have about 40mm left to wound down if he wants. Ride is great, a little softer than the B14's. The springs are not as thick, but the overall quality is better than expected for the price. If they fault after a few years I know I can buy another set and still be quids in. Customer service at Stance is also excellent when I had to contact them about a fitment question on the rears.
View attachment 100313

Both vans run the same wheels and tyres so in terms of ride it's an even comparison.

If you have the budget, research the various high end brands of coilovers for top quality, if you have a lower budget then the Stance offer good value in my opinion.
Brilliant thankyou. Mines not an everyday driver I just want a better ride than I've currently got. Im convinced Stance it is. Now to find someone to fit it

View attachment 100312

View attachment 100313

This is a brilliant comparison.

My tuppence worth is that, for a 2.4kg camper conversion, the Ultra’s are being asked too much and can’t deliver a ride that’s as comfortable as the KW’s I now run on.

This is a brilliant comparison.

My tuppence worth is that, for a 2.4kg camper conversion, the Ultra’s are being asked too much and can’t deliver a ride that’s as comfortable as the KW’s I now run on.
I agree @Ads_Essex my camper carries a lot of weight. The White van of my son's is a stealth Basecamp / day van for his climbing / Mountain Bike / Surfing adventures. The most it will carry will be a Van furniture bench/bed and some lightweight kit. So the Stance are perfect for those needs.

If you carry heavy kit / tools etc they may not be as smooth and a more premium expensive product may be better suited.

I agree @Ads_Essex my camper carries a lot of weight. The White van of my son's is a stealth Basecamp / day van for his climbing / Mountain Bike / Surfing adventures. The most it will carry will be a Van furniture bench/bed and some lightweight kit. So the Stance are perfect for those needs.

If you carry heavy kit / tools etc they may not be as smooth and a more premium expensive product may be better suited.
Sadly a lot of the high end kits cant carry too much weight on the rear either , the additional stress is what is breaking the rear springs in my opinion .

I've just digested most of this 18 page thread and I'm sold.

I wouldn't fit them myself though. I assume a local garage could just do this. Anyone done it that way and know the cost.

If I had a garage fit them are they then relatively simple to adjust to get the ride right?

All you need to do to adjust them yourself once fitted is jack the side up and unlock the locking rings and wind them to what you want them set to and re tighten.

in relation to cost, your probably looking at £200-250 for fitting a full set.

Thanks Carl. I guess these are on the list then. Having spent 3 years failing to justify b14s to myself they sound like a great option

I've read tons of positive and great reviews on these Stance coilovers. Yet I still have some reservations about ordering them.

I'm wanting to lower my van ASAP and have been looking at suspension kits around the £1600 mark. This is well out of budget currently and the low price of the Stance's is extremely tempting but I'm dubious at the same time of the low price! Haha

Are they really that good? I need to lower my van asap!!

I've read tons of positive and great reviews on these Stance coilovers. Yet I still have some reservations about ordering them.

I'm wanting to lower my van ASAP and have been looking at suspension kits around the £1600 mark. This is well out of budget currently and the low price of the Stance's is extremely tempting but I'm dubious at the same time of the low price! Haha

Are they really that good? I need to lower my van asap!!
I run 2 vans, one with blisteins B14's and one with Stance (£299.00) coilovers.
The finish is good on the Stance, their customer service is good. The thickness of the springs and shock rod is not as chunky as the B14's.
The ride on the Stance is as good (for a van) as the B14'S. If it was a track car or high performance vehicle I may pay more. But in reality most of the suspension mods to our vans are vanity mods with a slight increase in handling.
If my B14's failed tomorrow, what would I replace them with? Stance... And spend the remaining £800.00 on some tools or camera equipment.
The Stance have been running for 7 months and no probs.
IMG_20210117_093006__01__01.jpg

I run 2 vans, one with blisteins B14's and one with Stance (£299.00) coilovers.
The finish is good on the Stance, their customer service is good. The thickness of the springs and shock rod is not as chunky as the B14's.
The ride on the Stance is as good (for a van) as the B14'S. If it was a track car or high performance vehicle I may pay more. But in reality most of the suspension mods to our vans are vanity mods with a slight increase in handling.
If my B14's failed tomorrow, what would I replace them with? Stance... And spend the remaining £800.00 on some tools or camera equipment.
The Stance have been running for 7 months and no probs.
View attachment 121518
That's exactly what I wanted to hear! Thankyou!
Where did you order from if you don't mind me asking?

Well that's that then, I'll be getting these ordered! Bring on the lows!!!

Back