Thanks, I’m just debating weather to buy them or springs?
What is it you’re after? The slammed look, regardless of comfort? A mix between the two? Or a little lowering with maximum comfort?

I got 18inch amaroks going on so just want to reduce the look of it perched too high don’t need to be low low just a nice balance

I got 18inch amaroks going on so just want to reduce the look of it perched too high don’t need to be low low just a nice balance
Im biased - I have a T28 camper that was on Stance+ but is now on KW.
My feeling is that the Stance+, like most kits, are primarily made for the car market where comfort isn’t affected so much as it would be on a van potentially weighing twice as much.
If yours is just a delivery van and budget is king, then I’d say go for it.
But don’t spend twice like I did if you really want some comfort, too!

Van is mainly used for work and biking so never much weight in the back to be fair
Had Stance Ultras on my Kombi. It was ok on decent roads and motorways, not so much on poor surfaces. I used it for bikes mostly so a light set up. It did definitely ride much better with some weight in it.

I plan to get something a bit more comfortable when my 6.1 arrives.

Thanks, I’m just debating weather to buy them or springs?
The only thing in common with stance or springs is the price , Both will give poor results In reality , but I would say fit springs first and when you are fed up with the ride add some performance shocks , then you will be delighted with result , avoid buying springs from discount houses or E Bay sellers most of them are box in box out merchants , clueless to what springs your van will need. do it right not twice

Hi, I fitted the Stance coilovers to my 2019 T6 around 18 months ago. I'm happy with the ride and height adjustment but was out working on the van just the other day and noticed that the powder coating on all the springs is badly cracked and started falling off in places. Really poor quality powder coating. I've had coilovers on my other vans and and have never seen this after 18 months of use. I guess you get what you pay for. Will be replacing them come the summer but with some better quality coilovers, definitely won't be using Stance coilovers again. Waste of money, buy cheap, buy twice

Hi, I fitted the Stance coilovers to my 2019 T6 around 18 months ago. I'm happy with the ride and height adjustment but was out working on the van just the other day and noticed that the powder coating on all the springs is badly cracked and started falling off in places. Really poor quality powder coating. I've had coilovers on my other vans and and have never seen this after 18 months of use. I guess you get what you pay for. Will be replacing them come the summer but with some better quality coilovers, definitely won't be using Stance coilovers again. Waste of money, buy cheap, buy twice
Correct. let Us talk you through the top solutions available When you ready , if you thought the stance drove ok you will be blown away with the results from a decent kit

I'm saving to do the same. Stance are great for their price point though! I don't regret getting them as they gave me the ride height I was after.

Sure, I agree but I don't expect to have to do spend more money and replace springs after less than two years. I do the work myself so don't pay for fitting. Still a pain in the suspension to do it twice.
Stance are good if you're on a budget, or tight, but now that I've tried them over a period of time I can honestly say that the quality of the springs are what's letting them down in my opinion.

Sure, I agree but I don't expect to have to do spend more money and replace springs after less than two years. I do the work myself so don't pay for fitting. Still a pain in the suspension to do it twice.
Stance are good if you're on a budget, or tight, but now that I've tried them over a period of time I can honestly say that the quality of the springs are what's letting them down in my opinion.
But they're are a two year warranty I would speak to Stance and get a replacement. What mileage have you done? Putting Stance on mine but I carry no weight its a standard combi which I use to camp in.
I've got a 5.1 Sportline I've had my eyes taken out once with a reputable dealer selling me H&R springs but those lifted the van and after speaking to this dealer he wouldn't take the springs back and advise me that I needed different dampers etc to go to 60mm drop.
Going to try the Stance first if unhappy I can either revert back to Sportline standard or go for the more quality items.
Most of us on here have something to do with bikes and in my experience those suspension units are built to a price, probalies the same with VW the Eibach and Bilstiens are at the top end of suspension so have the top notch of components in them.

I've spoken to Stance UK but unfortunately I can't find a receipt so they told me to contact Stanceplus.com who so far have not replied to my emails.
My van is a 2019 with only 15,000 miles. Probably only done no more than 7000 miles with Stance.
I only have an issue with the quality of the front springs, rears still look new. Just make sure you keep your receipt etc.

Tbh I wouldn't be that worried about the paint coming off the front springs. They are built to a price point so won't last forever. And it won't affect the springs function.

For the cost of them, you could buy a new set every other year and it would still cost less than most of the big brands.

For me they are definitely a means to an end. They are compromised in everyway but I bought them knowing that. I still don't think I can justify the £1500± cost of the more expensive brands so for now I'll enjoy the stances haha

Tbh I wouldn't be that worried about the paint coming off the front springs. They are built to a price point so won't last forever. And it won't affect the springs function.

For the cost of them, you could buy a new set every other year and it would still cost less than most of the big brands.

For me they are definitely a means to an end. They are compromised in everyway but I bought them knowing that. I still don't think I can justify the £1500± cost of the more expensive brands so for now I'll enjoy the stances haha
The point of a more expensive kit isnt that it lasts longer , It rides and works better ,,SO spending out 2 or 3 times on cheap kits actually doesnt achieve anything except guarantees poor performance and constant replacing

You dont need to spend 1500 on a kit you can get great ones for £ 1000.00 and be really happy for a long time.

Has anyone had any problems fitting the stance+ adjusters? Mine are too small to go on the rear mounting Stance say to either sand or grind the mounts to get the adjusters to fit! WTF

Has anyone had any problems fitting the stance+ adjusters? Mine are too small to go on the rear mounting Stance say to either sand or grind the mounts to get the adjusters to fit! WTF
Yes. Does happen, we had one. Sometimes the spigot is flanged a bit at the end so need to file down a bit on the van, apply anti corrosion paint afterwards. Unless you are taking a significant amount off its no problem

Sure, mine were the same on my 2019 Highline. I used a file to smooth off the edges on the mounting and they slipped on no problem. Just remember to use some paint on the exposed metal before assembly, like Eclipse Custom Vans said

Yes. Does happen, we had one. Sometimes the spigot is flanged a bit at the end so need to file down a bit on the van, apply anti corrosion paint afterwards. Unless you are taking a significant amount off its no problem
Thank you Eclipse Custom it's 1 mm size difference and that's not the end of the mount the adjusters should have been made a little bigger because the aluminium will seize to the steel

Just file the spigot on the van and it should fit. Cant recall if there is a welded seam which may be slightly thicker. Should fit with a bit of fettling. The one we had didnt fit on one van was ok on another van on the other ramp so an anomaly on the van. Good luck

Just file round the van mounts until it fits on then give it a lick of paint. Metals pretty soft anyway, didn't need a grinder. Mines been fine and it's a full camper

Back