Hi, I wouldn’t use the top rubber mount at the bottom, it’s not designed to fit there, you would be better off just using The old ones for now, a new pair where around £14. I thought about re fitting the top mount back where it came from to give a bit more height at the rear but seems ok, my van has quite a bit of stuff in the back! I have the rear adjuster ring as far down (towards the ground) as it could go and the fronts ended up about half way, I’ll try and get a couple of pictures

Oh yea, my threaded part goes right down to the drop link connection? Odd, mine are the street version (I think? Thats what I ordered)

If you get chance sometime I’d be interested to know the distance from the drop link connection to the top mount ?
Wondering if the shocks have been redesigned as mine are only 190mm from the underside of the top mount to the bottom of the thread and 280mm to the top of the drop link bracket. The treaded part is only about 50mm

I contacted Stance yesterday to advise my fronts weren’t threaded all the way down and today they have sent replacements - top service.

image.jpg

Just for the benefit of anyone else fitting these in the future - there appears to be 2 versions of the SPC094 please see attached pictures.
They seem identical in dimensions and proportions, except the thread on one version extends down to the drop link mount giving extra potential for lowering. For reference the short threaded version brought my T5 front tyre to around 50mm from the wheel arch on its lowest setting (with the lock ring in place). I suspect the longer threaded version will close the gap, I currently have about 40mm of thread left in the picture.

4E6CA2C9-B56A-4917-BD5B-AA1B772E31E0.jpeg

image.jpg

I’ve been thinking of getting these for my t6 for a while, had a leaking front shock so pulled the trigger and brought some. Fitted at the weekend, not too bad to do, 2 days in and so far so good, rides well ( work van ) no bangs and crashes and not as bouncy as the standard shocks. Think I might need bigger wheels now!View attachment 92965
This looks great! Are you based in Australia? I’m in Sydney and looking for a coilover solution for a T6.1 when they arrive. Those wheels look nice! I’m also looking for nice wheels that aren’t flashy

Just fitted this weekend a set of Stance Street coilovers and rear spring sets. I have only wound them down halfway down and they have dropped my son's T28 by 10cm from arch to hub centre.

Fairly easy fit other than the rear spring adjusters being rather tight over the body mounts, needed some slight smoothing off of the mounts.

I would like to say a massive thanks to @ChrisR who provided valuable advice as well as then being on DM's and phone to offer support and advice on sizes of nuts and splines. I am not even a customer of his! A true forum legend, thank you Chris.

First drive seems ok, not too harsh, loads of scope to drop more, awaiting wheels and tyres to be fitted before final height setting.

IMG-20201219-WA0002.jpgIMG-20201219-WA0003.jpg

Any one had trouble fitting the rear adjuster cups to the spigot on the top. Mine is far to tight. Also do you fit original rear top mount or replace it with the rubber washer in the kit

B591B460-1ACB-4F6A-B141-39DD324E510D.jpeg

Any one had trouble fitting the rear adjuster cups to the spigot on the top. Mine is far to tight. Also do you fit original rear top mount or replace it with the rubber washer in the kit

View attachment 96355

Yes replaced top mount with the slim rubber washer.
I actually contacted Stance as mine were so tight I thought I had been sent the wrong ones. I sanded down the van mounts and found it was a small lip on the bottom of the van mount that was causing the problem.
I finally placed a block of wood on the trailing arm and jacked up the arm pushing on the spring mounts to get them on the spigots.
All snug and in the end a nice fit.

Yes replaced top mount with the slim rubber washer.
I actually contacted Stance as mine were so tight I thought I had been sent the wrong ones. I sanded down the van mounts and found it was a small lip on the bottom of the van mount that was causing the problem.
I finally placed a block of wood on the trailing arm and jacked up the arm pushing on the spring mounts to get them on the spigots.
All snug and in the end a nice fit.
Spot on thanks for that I was gonna grind the lip off

Hi I've just purchased some new 20inch wheels with 275 40 20 on and was looking at getting the stance coilover kit for my t28 2016 do people recommend these or avoid can't stretch to the bilstein b14s yet or maybe the vmaxx if any good help

Have a chat with @CRS Performance who often pops his head up. What he doesn’t know about suspension isn’t worth knowing in the first place!

Back