Slander/libel is a very difficult thing for forums to deal with and it's often far easier to just delete a thread rather than have a legal sh1t storm.

I think along the lines of ‘Insert Coin’

Having met Johnny myself also from Slidepods and what I perceive from that is his professionalism I would hope that by now what has happened in his own business will have taught him one huge lesson, and he will make sure that all handovers of all vans are carried out in a methodical and written way.

Apart from that within his business in all departments he should have professional people working for him, he certainly shouldn’t have a general household electrician, vehicles & boats need a Automotive Electrician who understands all aspects of vehicles or boats.

I certainly will be looking at my vehicle when it goes in for conversion that for instance all battery cables are properly made up with the correct size of cabling that the connections & cables have been filled with solder and have been shrink wrapped after,that all grommets are the correct size and no tight cables,batteries fixed down , etc etc.

Electrics & Gas are very dangerous items in very small spaces, and you certainly don’t want bare cables and either a gas or petrol heater firing up in those situations.

It also needs at the end of each working week, progress photographs sent to you to keep good faith, as do Vanworx and others.

My van goes in for conversion on the 3rd April & I have every confidence in Slidepods that it will be correctly finished in all respects.
I wish him well and that this is the end of this now and that his business goes from strength to strength.

Trip advisor....... I usually leave it to other people. Same applies with formal company reviews on sites and forums like this. However I do feel that I should leave my thoughts on here having just read Slidepods most recent review ( of which I am not commenting as I know none of the facts)

My experience was quite different. Basically in a nutshell slidepods have done what it says on the tin.

From first point of contact they have been excellent through initial discussions and ideas through to delivery. I had a lot of work completed by them including pop top, leisure electrics, swivels, kombi pod, side awning, speakers, curtains, lighting and lining so I feel I am in a good position to comment. I have also felt very at home when visiting them as they always make you feel so welcome.

Being totally honest I was nervous about letting anyone cut a hole in the top of my van. Jonny reassured me that they knew what they were doing and that SCA roofs fitted correctly don't creak. He was right. They sent me photos of it being fitted along the way also.

The other works also were delivered as promised and the pod... well what can I say... we love it!! Roll on summer.

I hope this review will help balance things up again and reassure anyone thinking of using them. I am also happy should anyone local wish to see their work in my van. However I do agree that negatives and positives should be heard as we do not live in North Korea but as a business owner myself i also feel that communication is key and where a lot of relationships fall down.

Do you get any noise at all from the roof when driving on typical poor quality surfaces?

I have mentioned in previous posts about my squeaky and rattling SCA roof, so bad at times that my wife can’t hear me on the hands free. Anyway, got around to ringing Jonny and booked it in today (being self employed means not easy to take a day out, as some on this Forum know). Nice 2 hours drive down (would have been quicker but for idiot goats in Cheddar Gorge). Asked Brett to guide me to a rough road so I could demonstrate issues. Bless, we couldn’t find one!!!! Even manhole covers were run over without a murmur. People around Newton Abbot have no idea. Anyway Brett and colleague sorted it......anyone understand when I say the silence was deafening on the way home? Bliss, oh bliss.
Thanks guys.
Ps Jonny, thanks for checking.
PPs Jonny, what is the name of that pod company you mentioned from Europe?

Guessing the issue was poor fitment and/or adjustment in the first place - what did they do to fix?

4A5EB11A-6F7D-482C-96E5-7611680A488E.jpeg 3D99085F-8D83-4EE8-A62D-9CE2C4968A6C.jpeg 8BE70695-56AA-4C64-82DC-ADE394E0AEBA.jpeg I’ve just had my van fully fitted out by Slidepods and really pleased with everything, New SCA roof , Solar Panel, a second battery, all Ctek chargers etc,a Slidepod,existing front seats stripped and made into leather covered Recaro sttle seats, fully insulated and lined, new flooring, rock and roll bed and very pleased with everything, no noise and so quiet.
There is a video of my van on Slidepods website.
The above are a photos of the seats and flooring, my van is Bamboo Green

Guessing the issue was poor fitment and/or adjustment in the first place - what did they do to fix?

I have just had a chat with our techs and the alignment of the roof and bed on @Vinci 's roof was spot on. We have fitted countless SCA 192 roofs and have seen (to date) x2 that have had a rattle between the internal GRP frame and the bed/closure boards. On one vehicle this did require an extremely slight adjustment of the angle of the bed at the hinge point however on Vinci's this was not the case. We rectified the rattle by using a rubber gasket between the bed and the frame.
I just want to make it clear that the fit we carried out on the roof required no adjustment whatsoever and no amount of realigning / fiddling would have cured Vinci's rattle!

I have just had a chat with our techs and the alignment of the roof and bed on @Vinci 's roof was spot on. We have fitted countless SCA 192 roofs and have seen (to date) x2 that have had a rattle between the internal GRP frame and the bed/closure boards. On one vehicle this did require an extremely slight adjustment of the angle of the bed at the hinge point however on Vinci's this was not the case. We rectified the rattle by using a rubber gasket between the bed and the frame.
I just want to make it clear that the fit we carried out on the roof required no adjustment whatsoever and no amount of realigning / fiddling would have cured Vinci's rattle!
To be perfectly honest, I saw that you had rectified it but didn't realise you guys had fitted it in the first place.

Jonny and co @slidepods are deffo a place to pass by and ask help or advice from, As many will already know i have had some bad experiences with my 'belle, and very nearly threw in the towel and got something else, @slidepods restored my faith and sent me on my way with a beaming smile and happiness, and a whole bunch of plans and new ideas

Thank you for everything you have done for me, to you it may be little but to me, I am back in love with the 'Velle i have saved for many years to buy

Andy

I cant tell you how happy that makes me to read Andy. Your van is an absolutely beautiful vehicle and I'm glad we have contributed to you falling back in love with it. Also Jon said thankyou very much. He was very touched by your gesture as was I.

Totally thrilled with the full conversion with a side kitchen Slidepods have completed on my T6. Looks great, is well designed and totally practical. I highly recommend these guys. Jonny and the team are professional, friendly and have a great eye for detail. They advised on the best products for use, came up with excellent design with extensive storage - far smarter and more fun than anything else I've seen. Lining, speakers, electrics (5*), SCA roof, Webasto, natural wood surfaces, fridge, seat/bed, 2 ring hob with separate sink. All completed to top standard. Chuffed to bits.

Back