T6 conversion review (Teahuppo’o in Rossendale)

icn05

T6 Pro
Just thought I’d write about my experiences (some good, some less so) with Teahuppo’o campers (Rossendale) who did my recent conversion on my 2017 T6 Startline van.

I’ll hold my hands up and say I should have spent more time researching but having viewed a second hand conversion of theirs, decided to go with them as it was along the lines of what we were after. We went along to view a demo van and one that had just been completed & decided to proceed. It’s fair to note that there was no pressure selling whatsoever.

Moving forward to hand over day, we were concentrating more on taking in how everything worked than checking quality of work, which on the surface looked ok, it was only after getting home & having a good look around that I noticed a few issues, some completely by accident, a couple of which were quite serious:

The leisure electrics were a mess, with untidy wiring, loose battery connections, and no fuses on the leisure batteries. I discovered (through this site) after committing to the conversion that the PMS3 control unit is outdated and not really suitable - hence my comment about lack of research!

The victron dc/dc charger didn’t work at all
The rock & roll bed was insecure (bolts in the front fixing holes had no spreader plates or nuts fitted to the bolts).
There was trim missing off the rear windows
One side of the van had no panelling, carpet lining had just been stretched over thin air / the insulating material
The underslung water tank was loose - one of the brackets not fixed to the vehicle & the tank leaked.

There’s a little bit more to this but ultimately I emailed the owner who I knew was on holiday to make him aware, itemised the issues and asked for him to respond on his return so we could arrange to have them rectified. He replied soon after with what I thought was a rather abrupt and in parts dismissive email stating he was on holiday and wasn’t dealing with it now (I never asked him to!) but did say anything that needed sorting would be.

I replied with photographs showing the more serious issues the tone changed slightly & the van was booked in while he was still away. One of his staff went through the list of problems and to be fair they were addressed during the week the van was back with them.

Despite the above issues we really do like the van and will get enjoyment from it but are also left with a feeling of disappointment that it could have been so much better with a little more care and attention to detail.

I remember reading a review of them in one of the VW van magazines that I took particular note of because they are quite close to me. The review of their van was very positive, but I didn’t use them as they seemed pretty inflexible with the layout, only offering different trims & colours with the same basic layout.

I remember reading a review of them in one of the VW van magazines that I took particular note of because they are quite close to me. The review of their van was very positive, but I didn’t use them as they seemed pretty inflexible with the layout, only offering different trims & colours with the same basic layout.
I think they do only offer trim / colour variations on the basic layout, with options for certain extras but the layout suited what we wanted really. The overall impression is that it was a bit of a rush job which is the biggest disappointment as there was no pressure from us for a completion date. I could be wrong but my suspicion is it was rushed to get it finished before the owner’s extended holiday.

Back