Agreed, No way he's getting any of my hard earned!

Will go Revo this time around. They seem to be getting positive reviews.

hi,

Just booked shuttle in for a remap.
Been told these are the figures - 102bhp to 175bhp & 250nm to 360nm. Do these sound safe for the 5 speed box?

Any decent remapper will know the torque limits on the 5 speed boxes, they are a little weak and need the torque fed in progressively as too much power too soon can kill them
Not sure who you are going with but i would recommend sticking with someone well known like revo or pendle to be safe
Its only the 5 speed boxes that this affects the 6 speed and DSG are a bit tougher and can take the bigger torque through them ok

hi,

Just booked shuttle in for a remap.
Been told these are the figures - 102bhp to 175bhp & 250nm to 360nm. Do these sound safe for the 5 speed box?
As Pauly said, REVO and Pendle are reputable companies. REVO stats for your van are BHP to between 163 and 173 - torque between 358 and 371. I can only vouch for REVO being a dealer, but their software is fully tested before release to ensure no problems to healthy vans.
We have REVO mapped the EURO 6 vans and the improvments are amazing. It will feel like a different van

Cheers

Hi all,

I've just had my T6 converted (t28 - HL - 102bhp), and whilst the mpg was awful before (36mpg) its pretty awful now (31mpg) that its dragging the extra weight. I commute for 2 hours down the m4 and drive between 65-70 mph generally with cruise. I had a quote from celtictuning.co.uk - £360 incl. Similar performance figures to above and they stated that the remap leaves the engine still within manufacturers tolerances. I also feel like due to the extra weight the handling is a little spongy. Would experienced owners suggest a remap or suspension upgrade first as funds are limited post conversion. I intend to do both but which one had most effect on you as drivers? Very many thanks in advance.

I would remap as the improvemts over the standard 102 engine are impressive. Much better drive. We have 10% off REVO currently.
Cheers
Ian

I have 166bhp and 260ldft going through my t5 5speed. No issues. It did have 175bhp and 280lbft going through it from a dodgy remap but this destroyed the diff and had to get a new gearbox. Too much torque too soon. Pendle corrected it and no issues since. Less torque and peak torque much further up the rev range.
Hi
I have the 102bhp (5 speed) and as martin @ pendle is only 30 mins from me im thinking about going to him for a remap.
I spoke to him on the phone and he said he could maybe get 165 ish out of my van.
Thats quite a leap from 102 to 165 , have you had any issues since your remap ?

Huge vote of support for Martin (Pendle) from me. Highline van with full campervan conversion. 5spd 102 (Eu5) remapped 12 months ago. No issues at all. Super smooth and very relaxed driving. A huge improvement on the original.

Go REVO and get the SPS unit so you can alter the map to one that suits your needs. If you are local to us we even offer a 30 day money back guarantee. Torque need to be limited on the 102, which is basically a de-tuned 140 but with the 5 speed box- which can take the torque of the 140’s 6 speed. REVO take care of this nicely.

This engine give some of the best results for a remap. Fuel economy should remain the same.

Second vote for the Revo remap. My Euro 5 102 is flying along nicely now.

I’ve already said in other threads how Pendle was an arse when I let him have a go on my old T5. That map ended up coming off and me getting most of my money back.

No issues at all with the Revo and same fuel economy.

Go REVO and get the SPS unit so you can alter the map to one that suits your needs. If you are local to us we even offer a 30 day money back guarantee. Torque need to be limited on the 102, which is basically a de-tuned 140 but with the 5 speed box- which can take the torque of the 140’s 6 speed. REVO take care of this nicely.

This engine give some of the best results for a remap. Fuel economy should remain the same.
Its probably mentioned elsewhere but could you briefly run through the process of buying and installing on of these?
Is it a plug and play job? Therefore possibly delivered by post or would you need the van?
How would you alter the map? What map options are there?

Its probably mentioned elsewhere but could you briefly run through the process of buying and installing on of these?
Is it a plug and play job? Therefore possibly delivered by post or would you need the van?
How would you alter the map? What map options are there?

We would upload the map, then the SPS unit allows you to play around with it, switch it on, switch it off etc, and dependant on what models they do give other options.

Hi guys

First time posting here and currently hoping to purchase a very nice T6 camper conversion. As such, looking for some advice please guys?

The vehicle is a 5 speed 102hp remapped to 150hp. It has covered approx 20k miles and the remap has been in for the majority of those miles. There doesn't appear to be any obvious issues and the van drives well.

I'm not yet sure what type of remapping it is, and the van still has approx 6 months of manufacturers warranty remaining. I understand a remap could cause future warranty claim issues, but is it likely to of been picked up when main dealer serviced?

Other than this, I'm 100% into the van, it's a beauty! What are your thoughts? Am I being over cautious or prudent?

Thanks.

Any future warranty claims have only got 6 months so that's the risk if it is a risk. But the warranty would have run out on the remap as well.

Remember find all the reasons NOT to buy it and add this to the list, that way it's head over heart. Out of interest how do you know it's been remapped to exactly 150hp?

From what i have read, the 5 speed gearbox is a weak point when it comes to remaps. If the map increases the torque to much it can cause problems. Unless its been done professionally on a dyno like @pendle do it i would be very weary.

Plenty of info on remaps and everything else you need to no on T6s on here. Just hit the search box :thumbsup:

Back