Euro 6 remap

So assuming that the 84 ps 5 speed can be mapped safely to 160 ps, i assume that the top gear ratio stays the same. I can only assume that its somewhere between 4th and 5th on the correct 6 speed box. How much fun is that ?

It's not the power is the torque. The 5 speeds can only really handle 250lbft and that needs to peak at around 3000rpm instead of the 2100rpm peak. So the torque needs to be progressively brought in.
The 6 speed and dsg can have the max torque bought in at around 2k. Peak torque lessened on heavier 20" wheels.
If you find a good mapper like pendle they know what to do.

Is the VW DSG a strong box to take the extra torque @RattyMcClelland ?

I have had a new trafic mapped from new and done 6ok with no problems, run much better on all fronts. its still around now as i sold it to a local glass company and it still running fine with 150k showing, so it worked fine in that one.
I see both sides with the mapping....pros and cons. I think i will see how the 150 E6 goes before i decide :)

Is the VW DSG a strong box to take the extra torque @RattyMcClelland ?

I have had a new trafic mapped from new and done 6ok with no problems, run much better on all fronts. its still around now as i sold it to a local glass company and it still running fine with 150k showing, so it worked fine in that one.
I see both sides with the mapping....pros and cons. I think i will see how the 150 E6 goes before i decide :)

Dsg handles more. Not clutch to limit anything.

I was told on my last remap that they would remove it any time and put it back to standard. Also if i had any warranty issues they can remove it and reinstall after,to stop he manufacture refusing the warranty work. Is this still the case or can it be seen by there software that it has been messed with ?

VW will tell you then can tell and mappers will tell you they can't I would like to know for sure.
I know there is a sign in the software that tells VW it's been done but have heard the flag/counter can be reset to remove any trace but it's hard to know whos word to trust on such an important matter
I hope someone like @PendlePerformanceLtd can give us an authoritive yes or no as they certainly know there stuff

Dsg handles more. Not clutch to limit anything.
I Thought the DSG did have a clutch, but with an electrical actuator to replace pushing a pedal down, is that correct?. I think the dsg in there t6 is limited to 500nm torque. A 204 runs at 450nm in standard tune, so there is another 11% of unused capacity

I'm currently waiting on a warranty issue with my DSG and the mechanic said there is a clutch plate closing on a flywheel and the unit is hydraulically controlled (which is where the problem lies with mine) no torque converter involved but not sure the exact setup how the two boxes feed into one DMF ?

Its a bit of an ongoing saga but the hydraulic clutch on the odd accasion is slamming the clutch closed in the blink of an eye and if you are coasting downhill at the time it jams a fast spinning clutch plate into a slow spinning DMF and the result is not a nice experience.

Its a bit of an ongoing saga but the hydraulic clutch on the odd accasion is slamming the clutch closed in the blink of an eye and if you are coasting downhill at the time it jams a fast spinning clutch plate into a slow spinning DMF and the result is not a nice experience.

Oh do they have a fix for it ?

No, they are not sure whats causing it, my van has two behaviours, 99% of the time its fine but if you give it a bit of welly and use kick down a couple times the van goes all aggressive shifting up and down differently thats when the problem starts.
I have had the vans 'memory' cleared but it didnt help, as soon as i drive it and stick my foot down it starts performing again

Took four warranty bookings/trips and me driving a mechanic around for half hour for them to agree there was even a problem.
Now they have acknowledged the problem in January and to date nothing, apparently waiting for VWUK to provide more info on possible causes/remedies

Took four warranty bookings/trips and me driving a mechanic around for half hour for them to agree there was even a problem.
Now they have acknowledged the problem in January and to date nothing, apparently waiting for VWUK to provide more info on possible causes/remedies

Sounds about right for vw , dont no why we bother with warranty as its so much had work to get anything done...then nothing gets done! just dread it if/when mine decides to play up, sound like it will be hard work :(

Maybe ratty has the right idea (dont bother with warranty work as it takes to long) trouble with that is the cost of parts and the support you need on the mechanics these days are past most garages as the require dealership resources :unsure:

It's not the power is the torque. The 5 speeds can only really handle 250lbft and that needs to peak at around 3000rpm instead of the 2100rpm peak. So the torque needs to be progressively brought in.
The 6 speed and dsg can have the max torque bought in at around 2k. Peak torque lessened on heavier 20" wheels.
If you find a good mapper like pendle they know what to do.
Document: VW Service Training - Self Study Programme 561 – T6 2016. Introduction.
-7-speed DSG transmission type 0BT with engines CXFA 110kW/150bhp and CXEB 150kW/204bhp
-6-speed manual transmission type 0A5 with engines CXHA, CXFA (both 110kW variants) and CXEB (150kW)
-5-speed manual transmission type 02Z with engines CXGA 62kW and CXGB 75kW

Document: VW Service Training - Self Study Programme 564 – 2.0l TDI engines in T6.
- DMF (made by ZF) max torque 500 Nm on CXEB engines with DSG.
- in all other variants (CXGA, CXGB, CXHA, CXFA, CXEB) DMF (made by LUK) max torque 450 Nm.

Document: VW Service Training - Self Study Programme 454 – 7-speed DSG transmission 0BT in T5 2010.
-max torque 600 Nm

Document: VW Service Training - Self Study Programme 320 – 6-speed manual transmission 0A5.
-max torque 500 Nm

Document: VW Service Training - Self Study Programme 310 – Transporter 2004
-6-speed manual transmission 0A5 max torque 500 Nm
-5-speed manual transmission 02Z max torque 250 Nm

Last edited:
VW will tell you then can tell and mappers will tell you they can't I would like to know for sure.
I know there is a sign in the software that tells VW it's been done but have heard the flag/counter can be reset to remove any trace but it's hard to know whos word to trust on such an important matter
I hope someone like @PendlePerformanceLtd can give us an authoritive yes or no as they certainly know there stuff

Have a look at the remap from top dogs thread. But short answer is yes, ODIS detects a remap even if it has been taken back off the ECU/TCM. Oh and most remappers/tuners will tell you otherwise as they just want to rape your wallet and leave you to face the consequences : (

Thats an interesting point to consider. I was always told they take a copy and can map the original back. Tbh that may have been the case for cars made 5 plus years ago but good to know its no longer the case.

as of today I know VAG, BMW and maybe JLR can check vehicle software management status so can spot a manipulated ecu even if it currently has factory software re-installed. Recently New Holland/Case, Massey and John Deere have this facility too as remapping is rife in the agri world too.

Back