Pendal and Revo seem the most common choices but there are a tonne of others.

I was reading up on this just the other day and was supposed to hear so many counter opions on both Pendal and Revo the most common.

Does anyone any real experience of using a Revo map on this model engine?

I will vouch for Pendle. He tells it how it is and doesn't mince his words.
But definately knows his stuff. Had my 2017 204 DSG 4 Motion re-mapped by Martin its now 250bhp. Torque i think is up to around 550nm (From Memory) got the print out to prove it.
Anyone that's been to Pendle will know what i mean.
Well worth the 350 mile round trip.
Dave.

Revo are just about to release their full coding on EU6 engine. We are a Revo dealer, eagerly awaiting this new software, and will report back once we’ve tried it.

We have a 2.0TSi, that we are going to take to stage 2 (approx 320BHP), watch this space.....

Hi

Just bought a 66 plate t6 camper, it has everything i wanted apart from the fact it is only a 102 bhp.
My previous t5 was 140bhp. Seriously missing the power.
I have heard that re-mapping nowadays is pretty good. Does any one have thoughts on this please?

Had a remap through revo and got through two turbos just on test drive on my 102bhp t6, apparently it’s unheard of but be weary

Had a remap through revo and got through two turbos just on test drive on my 102bhp t6, apparently it’s unheard of but be weary

I'd be really surprised if this was a fault caused by Revo. (i'm not doubting what you say)
From my research they are careful not to just turn everything on full blast, and actually turn things back to give the performance you want, within safe parameters.
Have Revo taken full responsibility and paid to have 2 new turbo's supplied and fitted?

Yes they took full responsibility and replaced with new genuine vw turbo, but they have refused to try again on my van.

Yes they took full responsibility and replaced with new genuine vw turbo, but they have refused to try again on my van.

To clarify, was it actually Revo that took full responsibility, or the agent that installed the map for Revo?
Glad you actually got the work done and didn't have to pay yourself by the way.

To clarify, was it actually Revo that took full responsibility, or the agent that installed the map for Revo?
Glad you actually got the work done and didn't have to pay yourself by the way.
Was revo that took full responsibility, they had the first turbo back for testing, and said it was from a bad batch of turbos, but we’re happy to retry with the new turbo that was installed, but after test drive the turbo was whistling and on its way out!
I couldn’t believe a turbo could go that quickly

Surly that has to be faulty turbo, the map can’t destroy a turbo that quickly !

Was revo that took full responsibility, they had the first turbo back for testing, and said it was from a bad batch of turbos, but we’re happy to retry with the new turbo that was installed, but after test drive the turbo was whistling and on its way out!
I couldn’t believe a turbo could go that quickly

I just don't see how mapping, even beyond tolerances would blow 2 turbos that quickly, but I guess unless it becomes a common issue, we won't ever know

Thanks Boyd, that certainly has made me think
I just don't see how mapping, even beyond tolerances would blow 2 turbos that quickly, but I guess unless it becomes a common issue, we won't ever know
i found it hard to believe to, maybe I just got extremely unlucky with two bad turbos ‍♂️gutted its back to standard now, I’ll just spend my money on making it look pretty now

The map could have the vane pack in the wrong angle and cause core speed/load issues, however most turbo failures are from oil supply issues or something getting sucked in. Revo is generally recognised as being one of the best in the industry so I'd be surprised if a proven map from them was to blame.

Hi
Bought a 2016 startline panel van, 40000 Miles on it manual box 102 bhp
Had a camper conversion done and a remap

Problem is now it rattles or vibrates At 1800 rpm, only for a short period

I dnt know if the problem was there before before the remap or not, it could be a machanical problem which has been under lying before I bought the van

Any advice appreciated

Thanks
Andy

Go back to whom you brought it from and ask would be my first port of call and go from there.

Back