Isn’t it only the T6 Euro 6 which has been pulled
The T6 Euro5 are still ok to be tuned by REVO

Andy

My Euro 5 T6 was remapped by customvanz to about 160-170ps. Its been fine for the last 20k and is essential for my towing needs. I read the 102 would be ok for towing a car on a trailer and it wasn't. I could only do 40mph on the motorway hills. It's much better with a remap. The engine can easily take it, I've read the gearbox is the week link so I may change to a DSG or 6sp

My Euro 5 T6 was remapped by customvanz to about 160-170ps. Its been fine for the last 20k and is essential for my towing needs. I read the 102 would be ok for towing a car on a trailer and it wasn't. I could only do 40mph on the motorway hills. It's much better with a remap. The engine can easily take it, I've read the gearbox is the week link so I may change to a DSG or 6sp

Thanks for the info , cheers

Isn’t it only the T6 Euro 6 which has been pulled
The T6 Euro5 are still ok to be tuned by REVO

Andy
It is the EURO 6 map on 102 BHP vans which has been stopped. :(:( The Euro 5 model is fine. This is due to inherent stock Factory turbo issues. REVO public announcement coming soon!
Rgds
Ian

I’m sorry I don’t know. I’m sure there is. But if it becomes a widespread then VW themselves will be sorting this.

I doubt VW will. It's a remap issue and they make the range of engines with different power for a reason. It's cost based. They make nowt from a remap nor from a turbo upgrade.
If I've learnt one thing about VW its that they don't get involved after you bought it.

I dropped in to my local Revo remapping dealer today to book my 2017 150 in for it to be done and discussed the 102 turbo issue with them while I was there, they say they have a range of part numbers to check on the turbo's before offering to do the remapping, if the part numbers are in the range that are suspect they will advise against the remap (but may still be able to do it if more durable replacements are fitted, or still do it but require a disclaimer in case of failure) obviously they don't want to suffer bad press should loads of customer's cars start blowing up.

I doubt VW will. It's a remap issue and they make the range of engines with different power for a reason. It's cost based. They make nowt from a remap nor from a turbo upgrade.
If I've learnt one thing about VW its that they don't get involved after you bought it.
Assuming the mounting points are the same you could fit an upgraded turbo or send yours off to be reworked. Only thing to check is the fueling and the cooling, I've got no clue if it's the same across all the vans or what? Can't imagine it being too different mind!

If the turbo works as it should on a T6 Euro 6 102bhp I Carnot see why VW will or should do an upgrade

Andy

Back