And still does when he recalls the occasion?!! Who had bragging rights in the pub that evening?!!!!
Certainly not me! I remember lying in the gutter, freezing my nuts off in the depths of winter trying to fit a replacement. Those transverse rear leaf springs were evil!

Did this in my first car - a MkII Triumph Vitesse - when a boy racer pulled up alongside me at the lights........ Red, amber, green...BANG! Blew my diff and rolled a couple of yards into the centre of the junction, whilst the Capri disappeared into the distance. I bet he was pissing himself!
I did similar at the lights. Some yoof rocked up beside me in a C-reg Vauxhall Nova, gangsta arm, exhaust that had the baffle plates knocked out as he couldn’t stretch to a cherry bomb exhaust but the stereo might have been worth more than the car! (The sort of loon who’d wear a baseball cap backwards if it wasn’t for the headrest but wonders why his forehead has a white stripe after a day in the sun!)

I was pootling about in a 4l Range Rover and when I looked around at the racket I got the “Do one!” look for my troubles! Confession #1….I reacted!

Cranked up Pink Floyd’s “Money” (yes, through the 8 speakers and sub!) which got bit of an audience!

Red, Amber, Gr…Gone! I’m sure I saw him look down to confirm he was using the accelerator! Coasted to the next roundabout before giving him the internationally recognised “Nescafé, it in the beans!” hand signal when he pulled alongside!

Confession #2: I may have burnt him off but I felt like the t**t!!!

Certainly not me! I remember lying in the gutter, freezing my nuts off in the depths of winter trying to fit a replacement. Those transverse rear leaf springs were evil!
Was the Vitesse rear-wheel drive? Floored a Hearld once that had saggy shocks…nearly ripped the exhaust off it hunched down so much before nailing it!

Was the Vitesse rear-wheel drive? Floored a Hearld once that had saggy shocks…nearly ripped the exhaust off it hunched down so much before nailing it!
Yes, and with a 2 litre straight six in a Herald body it was quick - in a straight line - but dodgy round corners. Mind you, it was better than the Mk1 which didn't have rotoflexes on the half shafts - these might as well not have had a steering wheel!!:slow rofl:

Yes, and with a 2 litre straight six in a Herald body it was quick - in a straight line - but dodgy round corners. Mind you, it was better than the Mk1 which didn't have rotoflexes on the half shafts - these might as well not have had a steering wheel!!:slow rofl:
That’s the one - straight six! I didn’t buy it in the end (and not because someone scraped the exhaust) but foot nearly went through floor and I’m convinced he’d poured concrete into the cills to make them “sound”!!! Bloomin fun car though!!!

“Kev and Sharon“on the tinted sun visor?
If any Kev’s or Sharons were offended by this you really should be used to it by now.

“Kev and Sharon“on the tinted sun visor?
If any Kev’s or Sharons were offended by this you really should be used to it by now.
It's "Kev" and "Shazza" nowadays!

Anyway, back to the topic. Let's know how it goes, I'd like to do mine but I think I'm more afraid of the insurance hike.

Hi, I am tagging on to this thread I have a 102 Euro6 T6 and read a lot of scaremongering on the gearbox of these, I emailed REVO and they said there issue was with the turbo being weak? which is why they no longer offer this model, Are there any long term users of the Pendle remap and can you offer any advice/issues

Hi, I am tagging on to this thread I have a 102 Euro6 T6 and read a lot of scaremongering on the gearbox of these, I emailed REVO and they said there issue was with the turbo being weak? which is why they no longer offer this model, Are there any long term users of the Pendle remap and can you offer any advice/issues
I don’t think it’s scaremongering more a case of learning from mistakes.
More power is going to have much the same risk regardless of the supplier.

I don’t think it’s scaremongering more a case of learning from mistakes.
More power is going to have much the same risk regardless of the supplier.
Not the best wording I know, but before I go and get mine done I want to make the most educated risk I can.

Not the best wording I know, but before I go and get mine done I want to make the most educated risk I can.
If I wanted more power I’d be looking to sell and buy a stock vehicle with the power output it was designed for.
Imagine hearing the airline pilot over the intercom; ‘we’ve had a bit of a tinker with the engines against Rolls Royce advice so we should be arriving 20 minutes early’.

Wow I didn't expect a comment like that on a thread that's years old specifically targeted at remapping, way to encourage new members to stick around

Wow I didn't expect a comment like that on a thread that's years old specifically targeted at remapping, way to encourage new members to stick around
I’ve read and re-read the comment and see it as targeted at remapping at most, not an individual. I too have posed a query why VW don’t map engines or gearboxes at the factory and haven’t received a satisfactory response!

The pilot could have said “we hoped to arrive 20 mins early but might not arrive at all!”

I’ve read and re-read the comment and it as targeted at remapping, not an individual. I too have posed a query why VW don’t map engines or gearboxes at the factory and haven’t received a satisfactory response!

The pilot could have said “we hoped to arrive 20 mins early but might not arrive at all!”
If the pilot had said, "Ladies and gentlemen (I know, that's probably not allowed) we've detected a missile launch to our rear, we're going to try to outrun it...."
@DXX would be all in favour of an urgent remap!!!

If the pilot had said, "Ladies and gentlemen (I know, that's probably not allowed) we've detected a missile launch to our rear, we're going to try to outrun it...."
@DXX would be all in favour of an urgent remap!!!
Ha ha ha! I rather suspect that @DXX would pop into the galley and knock up an anti-missile defence more quickly! Maybe use the foil trays to create a chaff cloud to fool the radar!

@DXX @DaveD @JOG I think this is fair comment from a new member of the forum. His question was targeted specifically at those who might have long term experience of a Pendle map on the 102 Euro 6, which seemed a reasonable request to understand real world experiences and in some way mitigate the potential risk. It's clear from many of the posts from some of you that you're experienced engineers and a lot of what you say carries real value, but a new member making an honest request for some real world feedback didn't need that reply.

If I wanted more power I’d be looking to sell and buy a stock vehicle with the power output it was designed for.
Imagine hearing the airline pilot over the intercom; ‘we’ve had a bit of a tinker with the engines against Rolls Royce advice so we should be arriving 20 minutes early’.

The first line is relevant advice, but I don't think it needed the sarcastic (maybe tongue in cheek, but I don't think so) reply about Rolls Royce engines on passenger aircraft. There really is no relevance to the question that was being asked and the consequences of one failing and possibly (note that I've said possibly) resulting in the death of hundreds of passengers really doesn't reflect the consequences of a damaged gearbox/clutch/turbo or whichever other potentially delicate part may be affected by the remap.

For what it's worth @Langers , get in touch with Pendle if you can, keep asking for real world experiences of his maps and you might get some answers that help you decide one way or the other. If you go to the right place for a Pendle map, or Pendle HQ and use the rolling road, the map will at least be tailored to your vehicle, rather than a generic map downloaded from the company server like a Revo one would be.

I should add that I'm not affiliated with either Revo or Pendle, but a bespoke map, albeit one probably derived from base generic settings, must be a better option than a generic one. From what I've read/discussed/researched, Pendle can be a tricky individual to deal with at times, but it does seem he takes a sensible approach to his remapping.

Stick with this forum, it's a great place to pick up friendly advice and you'll learn an awful lot here.

I must have read it wrong or too much into then. I was hoping for constructive feedback on the thread subject and my query.

Back