This has been quite an interesting read as I was going to use Celtic Tuning......... Looks like Pendle might be safe option

Get it taken off before you wreck your gearbox and/or clutch.

Only Pendle for a 102 if you must tune it.

This. I'd only use Pendle for a 84/102 map.

A friend of mine had his ex Sky (100k miles with them) 15 reg, T5.1 84ps remapped by Pendle and it drives superbly.

The clutch and flywheel were fine with the new power and well controlled torque despite the high mileage during it's life as a loaded work van.

The clutch did eventually wear out by 110k miles but given it's previous use that's not bad! It's perfect again on the new clutch and flywheel.

A friend of mine had his ex Sky (100k miles with them) 15 reg, T5.1 84ps remapped by Pendle and it drives superbly.

The clutch and flywheel were fine with the new power and well controlled torque despite the high mileage during it's life as a loaded work van.

The clutch did eventually wear out by 110k miles but given it's previous use that's not bad! It's perfect again on the new clutch and flywheel.
Ex sky will eu5 - different engine / turbo. The are others that will remap like Darkside.

Pendle are miles away from my home town,
Think I’ll get the map removed. I can see a knock on affect with these problems.
Clutch,flywheel turbo, gearbox etc

Think I’ll get the map removed. I can see a knock on affect with these problems.
Doesn't pendle have agents in other parts of the country? Just an idea

A Pendle remap is for life, not just for….
Take a day off,
Treat it as an educational day out,
Keep the rolling road printouts,
Ask loads of questions,
And enjoy the drive home!

Take a look at this YouTube video from today. I’d happily drive 120 odd miles to have my van custom tuned by Pendle Performance on their dyno.

Thanks I will check these guys out
I’m going to get the map removed tomorrow hopefully no damage has been caused to my flywheel etc!

Won’t be using these cowboys again!!

Take a look at this YouTube video from today. I’d happily drive 120 odd miles to have my van custom tuned by Pendle Performance on their dyno.

If Martin was like that all the time, he'd get far more business. That also answers some of my questions about why he does a different calibration for each vehicle.......although I wouldn't want to spend money on a new calibration every time I changed wheel size or any other subtle change to vehicle use.

I've no experience of mapping but is there the option of an 'inbetween' map that takes a 102 to say 120 or 130? Is there a reason maps are so extreme?

Back