I think a generic map would be fine , but a custom map better.
Any dips in power curve etc can be optimised.

What if you go and get a generic and somethings not right that gets missed? Older vehicle. Turbo not behaving, leaky pipe etc...

The applied map I had was a dogs dinner.

I didn’t think it was excessive compared to other big names and a RR cant be cheap.

After 10 years maybe. The power available is a function of combustion (peak pressure), engine geometry minus frictional losses. Two identical modern new engines with the same engine management / fuel delivery / air flow / charge pressure and produced by the same CNC machines with the same QC will not vary by any significant amount.
I used to work on large Diesel engines (marine), alignment of rotating parts such as the crankshaft can be compromised in large engines but even then the torque required to turn the engine hardly varies.
I'm fairly sure vw have more than one NC machine for making their engines ;)

In all seriousness though I agree but results never show that?

Just to poke my nose in maybe where it is not wanted...............im a CNC machinist so i thought my insight my cast some light on machined parts.
In my place of work there are many parts that can be made on many different CNC machines.
I could make 1 part on 2 different machines and they will both pass the inspection process.
When it comes to anything engine related such as crank shafts, pistons,valves and bearing housings the tolerances are so small that if the component is just microns out of tolerance then the part is not fit for purpose.
So this shows that regardless of what machine the engine is made on it is either fit for purpose or its not.
The tolerances these engines are made too now days and the measuring equipment used to check them id be surprised to find hardly any difference in bhp or torque.
As DXX says......a 10year old used engine may /probably see differences but not massive.
Im not clued up on rolling road tuning......but the differences in a map curve between two new identical engines with same oil, fuel and air should pretty much read the same results imo.
Used engines i agree could vary because of many variables......to many to list id imagine.

I was just joking about the NC machines, I'm an aero engineer hence I've spent my life working out how to measure something that can't be made etc ;)

I hear what your saying, I'm merely pointing out that take several identical engined cars to the same rollers on the same day and they will be different...I've witnessed it over and over again sorry I can't be more use than that, it's just one of them things o_O

Whilst the point about modern engineering tolerances is right, these vehicle are made down to a price. So whilst load bearing engine parts are probably accurately made, what about induction and exhaust manifold castings (as an example). I bet these have different flow characteristics. Also exhaust systems, injectors etc etc.

What would be interesting is if someone could get Pendle to comment on the actual differences they see on unmapped engines.

Personally, I like the idea of this being done on a rolling road, as it allows issues with the original engine to be spotted.

Pete

Will martin take the map off when going in for a service and put it back on again?.

I spent a lot of years working at a major diesel engine manufacturer so have a very good understanding of the performance variation between the same spec of engine during a dyno test. For common rail engines it's tiny. I totally get a mapping company using a dyno (or doing a road test) to make sure the engine as presented is healthy. I also get using the dyno (or doing a road test) to make sure that the engine is performing as expected after the new calibration has been loaded. If however this new calibration then needs to be modified I would question the integrity of that new calibration as it should produce the expected results every time on a healthy engine.

Looking at the FB results for simonnwt6's van I'm fairly sure that the first run shows the other tuning company's calibration which does look nasty at 1500rpm. The second run Pendle put in a stock 102 calibration and confirmed the engine was performing as expected although it appears the turbo wasn't performing quite right up to 1500rpm and that is probably just the guy operating the van on the rolling road rather than an issue with the engine. The final run was then with the Pendle calibration and unless there was a further run, that was accepted as performing as expected - ie a stock generic calibration was loaded and performed as expected so no modifications were needed. I have no doubt over Pendle's ability to produce a custom calibration when a modified engine is presented but for most customers that is not required.

Hi. Bit late to the party but any help welcome. I have an automatic 150 BHP LWB T6 Shuttle. It's being converted to a camper with a pop top and a heavy, full width Altair RIB bed. The company are recommending a remap. I'm not really bothered about the improved performance, but will it really give up to 20% better fuel economy? As it is, I like to drive at around 65mph on a long run. Thanks in advance all!

Hi. Bit late to the party but any help welcome. I have an automatic 150 BHP LWB T6 Shuttle. It's being converted to a camper with a pop top and a heavy, full width Altair RIB bed. The company are recommending a remap. I'm not really bothered about the improved performance, but will it really give up to 20% better fuel economy? As it is, I like to drive at around 65mph on a long run. Thanks in advance all!

A good person to ask is @Tourershine because he's had a recent Revo map and does quite high mileage.

We always sell our maps the same MPG, once you get over the honeymoon period of being a bit more heavy footed with the extra power ;-)

But quite often you can see up to 10% more MPG, because of the extra torque, and the engine can get into the higher gears quicker - if that makes sense

Any updates on a new revo remap for 102s?
The Euro 5 102's can be mapped but the Euro 6 cant be. REVO decided to withdraw their maps for the EURO 6 due to issues on the stock turbo even without any mapping. Some companies will do a EURO 6 but not REVO.

Thanks
Ian

Hi, Have just seen this thread, am looking for a remap on my van but am not sure if I have a euro 5 or euro 6, any idea how I find out. Have a 2018 plate T6 102bhp 5 speed manual T28 LWB. Cheers

Hi, Have just seen this thread, am looking for a remap on my van but am not sure if I have a euro 5 or euro 6, any idea how I find out. Have a 2018 plate T6 102bhp 5 speed manual T28 LWB. Cheers
Euro 6 would have ad blue :thumbsup:

Yeah I have Adblue on mine, so does this mean that remapping is not an option at this point due to the turbo issues?

Sorry, just noticed your van is 2018 so likely a Euro 6. A bit more information below:

Euro 6
European Union (EU) legislation sets out exhaust emissions standards for new vehicles sold in the EU. They govern the limits on pollutants emitted in vehicle exhaust gas (sulphur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide and diesel exhaust particulates). Since September 2015, all passenger carrying vehicles must be registered as Euro 6, and Commercial vehicles since September 2016.
Euro 6 is achieved through the following technologies:

Back