Hi There,
Thanks for the reply
Have looked at the V5 and its 3200 kg gross , guess that makes it a T32?
Any other places to confirm?

Hi There,
Thanks for the reply
Have looked at the V5 and its 3200 kg gross , guess that makes it a T32?
Any other places to confirm?
There is a label on the inside of the drivers door pillar. If you have a T32 then your tyres are not the correct load rating. They should be 103Y minimum

Edit - Sorry @ChrisR is correct, the label is under the bonnet.

That is T32, but if you need further confirmation check under the bonnet. Look on the left hand side of the engine bay back below the windscreen scuttle panel. There will be a black weight label. It’ll have 3200 on it if it’s T32. You’ll need tyres load rated to 103 to be fully legal and if those wheels aren’t the original ones then yes you should notify your insurer.

Thanks for your help, will have to go to the storage place to check under the bonnet.
Found the original Bill of Sale,
VW Transporter 2.00 TDI 140 PS Highline BMT SWB Combi 1968 cc DSG so guess its a T32 with the wrong tyres

Hi @Martymuffin I didnt go with Bridgestones I have fitted Kumho ecsta not really done many miles yet but have used them before on different vehicles and always found them to be good grip, wear and low noise levels so far I am happy with them.

Morning, thanks for the reply. So you completely flipped your ideas. I have had about 3 different choices just from reading other people's ideas. Now I am stuck, lol.
What made you change your mind, was just about to press go with the Bridgestone's...

Thanks Marty

Sorry for jumping in on this thread. @Loz, is it still OK to refer to the tyre pressure chart on the inside of the door given the additional weight added by a conversion? Sorry if it's a really stupid question but something I have been wondering about for a while.

I think your issue might be the weight rating of the tyre, if originally the tyre was looking quite squashed and had to be pumped up high, then you may need a higher load rating like 103 as 101 might not be enough post-conversion with the extra weight.

Hi I have a set of 18 genuine sportline t6 alloy wheels on the van currently running 255-45-18 tyres I am looking at changing the tyre for a 235-60-18
Is there a reason why this shouldn’t be done?
Only asking as my old sportline wheels had 235-45-18’s on when I bought the van and this one has 255-45-18

any help is greatly appreciated

The two factory sizes for the 18" wheel are 255/45 19 or 235/50/18, if you want the official sizes.

The size you mention is oversize

I thought that might be the case to be honest. I’m sure there was an option on my 16 t6 that would allow me to change the overall wheel diameter to offset the Speedo or am I making that up?

quick bump of the thread.. just wondering if anyone has tried Michelin Pilot Sport 4S in 255/45/18 103 XL with 18" sportlines on a T6 T32?
Have used these on other cars and been very impressed with them for dry & wet grip.

I have just purchased a 2016 T32 Sportline campervan and have been on a load of sites trying to find the right pressure for my 255/45/R18 tyres .... at present I have them at 44psi all round .... any advice from knowledgeable members would be most helpful .... thanks

I have just purchased a 2016 T32 Sportline campervan and have been on a load of sites trying to find the right pressure for my 255/45/R18 tyres .... at present I have them at 44psi all round .... any advice from knowledgeable members would be most helpful .... thanks
Sticker from a Cali.
I run sportlines on my T32. 44 front, 41 rear on the unladen setting.

20220113_164319.jpg

Back