@andys can I ask what you used for the RCA output on your RCD330? I've had the same unit for a year but only just attempted adding an amp. I spliced a (cheap) line output convertor, but was met with horrendous alternator whine and hiss on the speakers. I would love to avoid upgrading the head unit!

Also, on the Carplay/Android side, mine crashes constantly. The whole unit freezes up while the audio is still playing. I have to pull the USB, reboot the unit and sometimes reboot my phone too. A massive pain, but I'm not convinced that spending 4x as much on Kenwood, Pioneer etc is going to make the whole experience seamless (going off YouTube and Amazon reviews) so I'm putting up with it

We supply plug and play amp harnesses which work extremely well with factory units

We do hear occasionally android auto disconnects, but never really heard issues with anything on CarPlay,

Bear in mind the headunit is the host to CarPlay/android auto, so any issues is normally the phone...

However fitting a Kenwood/pioneer really gives better quality output/ connectivity with amps, phones, built in dab. Dash usb connectivity and decent Apple CarPlay.android auto connectivity, so we and many customers do think it’s worth extra..

@andys can I ask what you used for the RCA output on your RCD330? I've had the same unit for a year but only just attempted adding an amp. I spliced a (cheap) line output convertor, but was met with horrendous alternator whine and hiss on the speakers. I would love to avoid upgrading the head unit!

Also, on the Carplay/Android side, mine crashes constantly. The whole unit freezes up while the audio is still playing. I have to pull the USB, reboot the unit and sometimes reboot my phone too. A massive pain, but I'm not convinced that spending 4x as much on Kenwood, Pioneer etc is going to make the whole experience seamless (going off YouTube and Amazon reviews) so I'm putting up with it
I used a generic converter I found on ebay. Worked well with the amp, but the 330 kept crashing so I gave up on it a year ago and went with a Kenwood

HELP (Please)!
So, I’ve got my 2019 T6 unit out to be replaced with an OEM ‘Noname’ RCD330 187b CarPlay imported unit. All the wiring is different, so I bought a 52 to 40 pin adaptor, which fits perfectly well (also utilising the radio antenna double to single adapter). BUT. Theres no power to the unit. I’ve spoken to an audio expert and he’s advised it can’t be done without a Kenwood unit for circa £1k due to the Canbus configuration.
Can anyone please confirm this or advise how I can install my new unit before I just flog it in the uk?! I’m not a wiring expert!
Thanks in anticipation.

Hi everyone, brand new T6 owner here. I've spent a lot of time looking into different RCD330 & RCD360 units (and RCD410 and all the other variants!) to replace my composition colour unit.

From all the various threads I've read I think the main decision is between going for an RCD360 which doesn't need an adaptor for the T6 but which can't receive custom firmware updates vs an RCD330 Desay/Noname unit which needs an adapter for the T6 but can get custom firmware updates.

In both cases you lose the dash USB (unless you're a lot handier with a soldering iron than I am!). On this, does anyone know if it is possible to get a blanking plate to replace the panel which has my current dash USB port? It would annoy me having a non-functional port, I'd rather get rid of it entirely.

The other question I have, has anyone managed to get a working Transporter image for the parking sensor screen on any of these units? From previous posts in this thread it sounds like only car images have worked, has anyone managed to get a van image working through a custom firmware? Another small detail, but one I'd rather not have to live with if theres an option!

IMG_1512.jpg

hiya...im old rcd330 on mine with adaptor loom...

you lose dash info which is a tad annoying...
and the usb doesnt work unless you mod...
and i need to sort my factory rear camera as it wont work with it as yet, so im very interested in this and the new variants..

let me know any vibes people...id love to get the rear cam working at least...

thanks chris

Hi guys, is there anywhere I can purchase a blanking insert for the redundant USB after fitting a RCD360 stereo please??

IMG_9408.JPG

Can't you simply rewire it to charge only?
Hi dubber36,
Good idea, but would have a clue where to piggy back the power from?
Read a few threads and they look to be getting the soldering gun out, which is way above my skill set...

thanks,
Gav

What extra cables and bits did you need. I’m thinking of doing the same

I recently fitted a RCD330 Plus Noname 6RD 035 187B from Lemon Shark into a 2017 T6

To make it all fit I had to additionally buy a "Quadlock Adaptor For VW/SKODA Radio Plug (2015-) To 2003-2015 Transporter T6 T5" - Quadlock Adaptor For VW/SKODA Radio Plug (2015-) To 2003-2015 Transporter T6 T5 | eBay
It then powered up and the CarPlay worked fine (not tried Andoid Auto).

However the radio (FM & AM) didn't work because the cable that came with the RCD330 Plus from Lemon Shark was a single Fakra connector and my T6 needed a Double Fakra connector.
So I bought this: Volkswagen Radio Antenna Adapter Double Fakra 20cm RNS RCD 510 310 315 to RCD330 / RCD360

With these two additional cables it was so easy to fit and works like a charm and you can have FM/AM radio in addition to using the Apps on the phone.

Hope that helps some people

Well I went out armed with several ideas of how to troubleshoot the non-working camera, but it turned out all me and the van needed was a little time apart. The BCM must need the shutdown to take effect as it works fine this morning
View attachment 39081

I'm going to fit a switch into one of the blanks that will interrupt the reverse feed to the camera control box which will allow me to switch between front and rear cameras, and I have one of those little power delay relays to keep the camera alive for a few seconds after leaving reverse on its way, but I'd still like to find a one-touch solution to bring the camera up. I can do it by hitting the Parkassist button and then switching to the camera on the screen for now.

Other than that, the connection of line level converter to the JL Audio amp, which was wired in under the passenger seat a year ago, then back to the speakers went without hitch and the Rainbow speakers sound much better than when they were fed direct from the headunit. The levels needed 30 secs tweaking and that was it. It's only a cheap little unit, <£13, but the sound is much improved now.
View attachment 39082

Almost done then, but I haven't been able to put it all back in as I'm waiting for that video delay, the Fakra antenna connector and the adapter to use the existing glovebox USB socket which are all still on the way from China. Hopefully it'll all be here in time for me to have the first trip in it next weekend, but if not it won't be the end of the world as it's perfectly useable at the moment.
Hi Andy. You seen to have decent knowledge on these RCD330 units. I have received mine today minus the harness adaptor so that’s on route now. My query is this. I have an aftermarket camera which works fine on my old head unit. So I have brought the yellow plug to head unit adaptor. I also have a reversing live cable at the head unit but can’t see where this would be connected. Does this unit require this signal to switch over to the camera display do you think?

Hi guys, is there anywhere I can purchase a blanking insert for the redundant USB after fitting a RCD360 stereo please??

IMG_9408.JPG
I’m looking for the same. For different reasons. I’m using a Carlinkit dongle to get wireless CarPlay. I want to relocate the usb elsewhere.

Called TPS. They couldn’t find anything.

Separately, the RCD330 is great. Put one in my mk5 golf a couple years ago. Brilliant value.

Hey, I have 2017 T6 which has currently radio unit with number 1K8035150H. I ordered version 6RF035187E of RCD330+. I tried to search information if I need some adapter for it, but have not found any info about that. By comparing the pictures it looks like I might need one. I also tried to look up any documentation about the pins, but I’m missing correct terms for the search. I contacted seller and they said that the need to do check it too. Does anyone in here have a knowledge about the pins or the exact adapter I need?

Seen YouTube videos on re-soldering front USB to rear but I found cheap USB extension on Ali Express lets me use Android Auto / Car Play from top of dash. Not quite as neat but 5 minute job with no real expertise needed. Green lead is not compulsory. PXL_20210529_082030675.jpgPXL_20210529_082037439.jpg

Hi guys im from aus and have a 2018 t6 2018 tdi250 Runner ( base model) with factory parking sensors and want to get an RCD330/RCD340/RCD360 and want to add an aftermarket reverse camera. The only supplier I could talk to in aus recommend the rcd360 and says i cant get the 330 or 340(330+) i need android auto. I think the rcd360 is shitty chinese knockoff not genuine. I dont have dab and just want a plug and play solution with no coding or minimal if possible. Do i need the time delay reverse or can i get the reverse signal some other way. Please let me know what you guys have done and what works in the way of adapters and compatible units i have attached pics of my unit below and cheers

20210913_073109.jpg

20210913_072804.jpg

20210913_072759.jpg

20210913_072816.jpg

20210913_072821.jpg

20210913_072833.jpg

20210913_072840.jpg

20210913_072842.jpg

Back