Rcd330 stereo and reverse camera.

Rich Green

Electrician
T6 Pro
Hi guys. I have ordered a rcd330 NOname radio for my 5.1. Install is very simple by looks of it. However does anyone know how I would connect up my existing aftermarket reversing camera? Behind my radio (if I remember rightly) I have the yellow plug from the camera and I have just ordered an adaptor to convert from the yellow camera socket to the blue radio plug. I’m assuming i need to connect a feed from the reverse cable to the camera to switch it on whilst in reverse. Is this all that’s required or is there more to it? Thanks in advance.

That's what I have on mine. Some people need a delay thing too. I will look to see if I can find link on Ali Express

.. any 40/52 pin quad lock adapter should do, though it may need a couple of connections swapping round as in my case.

USB? You mean in addition to the connection to the stereo to use as a charger? Yes I wired up the existing socket I had in the dash later on, but not to the stereo, I connected the power wires only (red and black) of the usb to a 15W 12v to 5v converter (under a tenner on eBay) so that it could handle a 2.1A charge output. This came off an ignition live via a 5a fuse.

Rear camera shouldn’t be a problem, you might need to buy the little blue plug that goes into the quadlock also off eBay though if yours didn’t come with one.

No way of getting the phone info on the central MFD though, it’s just not a facility this unit offers. Personally I don’t want it though, I want my digital speedo visible all the time.

After all that though, I have to admit I’ve moved on, by a coincidence I just ordered a Kenwood 8019 from absolut5 about 2 hrs ago...
This thread may help @Rich Green

When you say your existing camera, I assume it was already fitted to another vehicle? If so, you should have everything you need (bar the adapter you have already ordered), including the timer box.

RCD330s usually come pre-coded for a reverse camera but if not then it's a 30 second job with OBDeleven/VCDS.

Hi, I bought a rcd330 and reversing camera to fit to the van. I trying to connect the camera to the car radio but have come against an issue.
There is no space on the existing vans wiring loom to connect in the camera wiring block.
see photos below.
First picture is the camera block , middle is the existing wiring loom (which connects to the new stereo no problem) and the last is the rear of the new stereo.

can I take the black and yellow wire out of the block and put them in any of the spaces on the existing dark blue and green blocks on the vans wiring loom ? I’m thinking it can’t be that simple.

my other query is that I have 2 rear speakers also to wire in but have no idea where they go either

any help would be appreciated thank you

0E018D0B-0FB3-4383-AFF7-952A26CE41C8.jpeg

0F79445B-39CE-44F2-835A-238D6489A9EE.jpeg

E16554E0-675D-4EE0-B3CA-420339994517.jpeg

Remove the camera wires from the blue plug and insert then into the same position on the blue plug in the ISO connector. Pin 6 is the yellow wire and pin 12 is the black one.

Your rear speakers go in to the two pairs of empty holes on the beige plug. Top two are rear right, +ve on left and -ve on right. Bottom two are left side.

Last edited:
You are a star !!
thank you

One more question please
what are the connectors called that I need to buy?

Thanks, I’m having real bother finding these online. I’m finding spade connectors keep coming up ! Do you have a site you use for buying these type of things ?

Back