Yeah for me it’s what I’m after. It’s basic not a full feature radio. No dab and the station names aren’t great on fm. But with Apple car play connected I get digital radio via an app and all my Spotify music. I paid £125 so bargain for me to get Apple play and potentially reverse camera. My other option was the alpine with the flip up display but that’s 8x the price and not very oem looking!

Got the camera delivered yesterday so quick session on Vcds, some sticky tape and an lips from my model plane and it all seems to work ok even with a permenant supply! Waiting for the time delay relay to arrive now.

Full screen reverse camera with the option to flip to the sensor page. Now to drill holes in the boot and and get the cables pulled in.

A3DC66CB-54A7-4CAC-B1DD-CCD08F560DB9.jpeg

Good work, and thank´s for the pictures before, this will help me a lot.
I will try a wireless backupcam, because im afraid of the work for a cable cam.

Wish you a good start in 2019 :)

Yes i think it will i´ll try it.
Are you still satisfied with the radio ?

Good evening,

I’m keen to know whether you went through with the install of this head unit and if so did it all come together easily in a T6 without having to do anything technical ie re wiring?

If it did all work out could you post the links to all the items required so I don’t wind up with a load of useless tat?

My plan is to fit it into my t6 and if I like it, it’ll get one for my golf as well.

Many thanks

We replaced our system with a Kenwood 9180, it seems a waste to throw out the original, can’t it be unlocked?

I’ve only got the basic unit in the T6 so no CarPlay available. I don’t fancy shelling out almost £1k our on something that has all the bells and whistles when the only thing I need is CarPlay. Plus it looks OEM.

Does anyone know of a adapter that works for this so I don’t have to start splicing all sorts of wires as I really don’t enjoy it haha. I am so eager to get the 330 in and got the same problems Jimbodadini

I’ve just put the 330 in my golf and loving having CarPlay but holding off for the t6 until I know what to buy to avoid having to splice.

Does this unit have a rear usb that can be routed elsewhere or do you have to plug into the front one to use CarPlay?

As standard it’s just got the usb on the front, I have read somewhere about people who have wired in addition usb connections into the rear of the head unit, however that’s as far as my understanding of that goes.

As standard it’s just got the usb on the front, I have read somewhere about people who have wired in addition usb connections into the rear of the head unit, however that’s as far as my understanding of that goes.
Thanks, yes a quick google reveals it’s a really simple job to add one. I had put a stop to all mods in my van for now but I think I might get one of these units, certainly a very cheap way of getting CarPlay

Edit: meant to put this link in for anyone interested
Connecting the rear USB to the Rcd 330 Plus

So when I got home tonight the adapter showed up and obviously I wasted no time on getting stuck in. The adapter works perfect! The grey plug went into the adapter but the green plug I had to connect straight to the rear of the RCD330 which is a little awkward and requires a couple of tabs cutting off. Parking sensors and graphics work fine too. Chuffed with the upgrade

Edit: now just the usb doesn’t work in the dash which I knew but I believe the irs circular beige plug so i’m Just going to wire it up a power source and use it a charge port.

Last edited:
Hi all im just on this task at the moment, joerg did the front and rear sensors work and hows about the rear camera?? I have these as standard. Im taking the rcd330 from my t5 to the t6.
Also more info on the usb i have in the glovebox of my comfort dash.
Many thanks in advance

Hi all im just on this task at the moment, joerg did the front and rear sensors work and hows about the rear camera?? I have these as standard. Im taking the rcd330 from my t5 to the t6.
Also more info on the usb i have in the glovebox of my comfort dash.
Many thanks in advance

Rear parking sesnsors worked fine but I haven’t got the front or reversing camera. My phone book or current song doesn’t show up on my MFD anymore but it’s a small price to pay for the apple play and nicer aesthetics. I have heard people get the camera working no problem

Back