Lower Dash Usb Socket / Head unit Connection.

T6Buddy

Reference the Lower Dash Usb Socket, please can anyone advise me if the usb connection wiring goes directly to the headunit or somewhere else, as tracing the wire it would appear to go away from the headunit. I didnt want to strip all the dash out if only to find it eventually goes to the headunit. I would love to blank off this connection and relocate in the glove box but find it very difficult to find a blanking plate to suit this area. Any advice would be much appriciated.

Reference the Lower Dash Usb Socket, please can anyone advise me if the usb connection wiring goes directly to the headunit or somewhere else, as tracing the wire it would appear to go away from the headunit.
I didnt want to strip all the dash out if only to find it eventually goes to the headunit.

I would love to blank off this connection and relocate in the glove box but find it very difficult to find a blanking plate to suit this area.
Any advice would be much appriciated.
I’m under the impression it’s fed by the headunit.

Depending on your goal, Van-X provided a blanking plate with their lidded glovebox upgrade, which allowed you to relocate the USB to within the glovebox and cover up the hole left in the dash. Im not sure if it’s available separately - worth a call if that’s what you want.

Edit to add: I’ve presumed you’re talking about the USB / Aux in beside the glovebox and not the Comfort Dash

Yes that's correct the one to the side of the glovebox. I have a iPod plugged in and would rather have it hidden away if possible. I'll have a look on the van-X site. Would be great to retain the one on the dash and split the cable but doesn't seem to be much info about on that subject.

Yes that's correct the one to the side of the glovebox. I have a iPod plugged in and would rather have it hidden away if possible. I'll have a look on the van-X site. Would be great to retain the one on the dash and split the cable but doesn't seem to be much info about on that subject.
have a search for a USB hub - I think it’s used on vans with two USB outlets, and that might be your solution.

Back