HELP (Please)!
So, I’ve got my 2019 T6 unit out to be replaced with an OEM ‘Noname’ RCD330 187b CarPlay imported unit. All the wiring is different, so I bought a 52 to 40 pin adaptor, which fits perfectly well (also utilising the radio antenna double to single adapter). BUT. Theres no power to the unit. I’ve spoken to an audio expert and he’s advised it can’t be done without a Kenwood unit for circa £1k due to the Canbus configuration.
Can anyone please confirm this or advise how I can install my new unit before I just flog it in the uk?! I’m not a wiring expert!
Thanks in anticipation.
I realise I'm pushing my luck after three years, but I'm in exactly the same boat and posting on the off-chance that you got this sorted? I have an RCD340G which appears to have a different pin layout to the harness sold to me by a popular Transporter accessory website. Had already tried a cheap eBay one and that was even more wrong.

Seen YouTube videos on re-soldering front USB to rear but I found cheap USB extension on Ali Express lets me use Android Auto / Car Play from top of dash. Not quite as neat but 5 minute job with no real expertise needed. Green lead is not compulsory. View attachment 117732View attachment 117731
What sort of USB extension cable is this? Looks super tin to be able to fit in the gqp in the trim! I'd like to do something similar

What sort of USB extension cable is this? Looks super tin to be able to fit in the gqp in the trim! I'd like to do something similar
Can pick these up on eBay. Make sure you check which direction you’d like the run the cable.

Thanks. Do you think it would be doable to get one of these to run from the front USB socket of the RCD330, through the trim and then have a wireless appleplay device plugged into it in the void behind the unit?

Thanks. Do you think it would be doable to get one of these to run from the front USB socket of the RCD330, through the trim and then have a wireless appleplay device plugged into it in the void behind the unit?
Absolutely. Just make sure you’ve got a gap of a couple mm. I do this in my Golf.

Back