Yea nothing loose or anything looking dodge, I will get it all off again tomorrow and do a continuity test and suppose try to ground see ifs cut anywhere.

Hi guys need some help please, I’m try to add after market aerial to comp media, is it possible to use the drivers door connection and if so which is the DAB connection
Thanks in advanced

image.jpg

I would say yes but haven't never looked how things are in there.
Anyways, DAB connector is the black one. FM=yellow. GPS=blue. (Connectors near exterior mirror, right door).

After nearly a year of ownership I have finally snapped, how can the DAB reception be so bad on the T6?

Surely there is a simple fix?

The Receiver is in the door mirror housing. Have you done anything to the mirror or housing recently?

The Receiver is in the door mirror housing. Have you done anything to the mirror or housing recently?
Nothing apart from the normal wash I’m at the point now where I just don’t listen to the radio anymore as I’m sick of it dropping in and out!

Not shielded 12v socket to USB converters in top or possibly front dash will knock out DAB signal too...

I had the interior sound proofed and lined and had a usb socket fitted under the drivers seat in the rear, I wonder if that is to blame?

I had the interior sound proofed and lined and had a usb socket fitted under the drivers seat in the rear, I wonder if that is to blame?
Should'nt really be close enough to trouble DAB signal if the actual electronics for the USB are under the seat, I've only known USB converters (low quality) in the 12v sockets on the dash to interfere with signal. Sounds like something may have got disconnected when sound proofing... unless the actual voltage dropper for the USB is located remotely?

(ref. something along these lines https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B06XSCCLCD?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title - which I have used without issue located on top of lower dash fuses)

And noisy aftermarket led lamps can knock out DAB

The LED fog lights I have from Autobeam interfere with my DAB reception, totally wiping a weak signal, and reducing a strong one.
Though I will concede, that overall DAB reception in my T6 is not as good as in other vehicles I have driven.

Of course, it could also be that the idea of putting the aerials in the mirror housings was just sh1t in the first place. That's the conclusion that I came to and one that was privately agreed with by the guy that I spoke to about it in my local VW Van Centre.

Hi , got 2018 t6 highline dab radio reception keeps goin off then on any ideas

Do you mean the radio is switching off or you are losing the signal?

If it’s the later, it could be you live in a weak signal area

I found the dab antenna in the mirrors to be crap and installed a shark fin FM, GPS, DAB on the roof now no more issues.

Agreed on the crap reception in the T6 - my golf has no problem maintaining DAB reception locally, the T6 however looses it all the time. i have resorted to streaming radio over my mobile phone when driving the T6!

I plan to upgrade the radio at some point to an aftermarket Android unit, when i do ill prob drop a sharkfin on.

Back