My DAB signal is terrible anyone have the same problem also don’t hey anywhere near the stations o should, I have a GTD with same head unit (Horizon) like chalk and cheese, any advise welcome, maybe a trip to Vw as van is under warranty !

After reading all the DAB information. People seem to go for either a shark fin or the glass mount aerial.
I don’t want a glass mount one as I think they are unsightly and should the windscreen ever need replacing then it will never stick back on properly.
As for the shark fin. I don’t want to pull the headlining down in the van and drill a hole in the roof.
So I am wondering if one of these aerials:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toiot-Inte...aerial+car&dpPl=1&dpID=41WKfi+WbkL&ref=plSrch

If installed in the dash behind the headunit would it pick up signal or is there too much other stuff that would interfere with it?

Anyone with any experience of trying it or knowledge?

Cheers

After reading all the DAB information. People seem to go for either a shark fin or the glass mount aerial.
I don’t want a glass mount one as I think they are unsightly and should the windscreen ever need replacing then it will never stick back on properly.
As for the shark fin. I don’t want to pull the headlining down in the van and drill a hole in the roof.
So I am wondering if one of these aerials:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toiot-Internal-Connector-Extension-Blaupunkt-DAB-Aerial-4/dp/B07BTBPHKV/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1537426574&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=dab+fm+aerial+car&dpPl=1&dpID=41WKfi+WbkL&ref=plSrch

If installed in the dash behind the headunit would it pick up signal or is there too much other stuff that would interfere with it?

Anyone with any experience of trying it or knowledge?

Cheers
It wouldn't be an ideal location to go for, but you never know.

It may work.... someone will have to test it.

After getting really annoyed with the DAB signal I now just use the radio app on my phone via the VW car play thing. Doesn’t use much data and is way more reliable.

Hello...in DAB mode, turn TUNE one step in either direction. 'Ensemble Learn' should be on the list that pops up. Select it and press OK. That should capture all of the DAB stations in your area.

Apologies if this has been done before. I did have a search but couldn't find relevant info.
Just picked up our T6 today. It has a Kenwood DNX525 head unit in. When trying to play DAB stations I have hit a blank. It doesn't find any at all. I have tried to switch the antenna power on in the settings. However it won't power up. Any help would be much appreciated. Tia.

DAB wont pick up anything at all without its aerial, unlike analogue radio. so if you are getting nothing you are likely not connected to the antenna at all. especially if turning on the antenna power does nothing.
Have you clipped the cable through the install run or is it actually a DAB antenna? An FM aerial wont work for DAB, so if you are trying that, you will need to get a dual DAB/FM or put in a separate DAB aerial.
Im presuming that you have FM and AM etc (if it actually has AM reception!!! ;) )
Check the aerial connector hasnt been crimped by pushing the unit into the slot, this happened with mine one time I was transplanting it, surprisingly easy to do if you have multiple connector blocks decreasing the space available at the rear of the unit.

Depends on where you live or are trying to tune your DAB radio .... location matters, a lot

It's not too difficult to pop the radio out and check the dab connection, could quite easily have got snagged when pushing the radio back in and come loose.

Where I live in Dorset the dab reception is poor at best and even with a new shark fin on the roof it isn't a lot better.

Wifi dongle and Spotify/Apple Music for me.

hi guys my DAB radio loses signal a lot like 70% of a journey, its been into Bridgwater VW who are useless to stay the least, they have changed the Ariel in the wing mirror, changed the head until (Discover) and now changed the wiring in the door and still the same, now there saying because i have after market head lights ect (additional wiring) this is what’s causing interference with the DAB and causing it to lose signal.

Any thoughts would be very welcome as i like my music!

"after market head lights ect (additional wiring)"

this is very possible . . . . as is cheap USB chargers and the like.

but its easy to see if that is the case........

disconnect your aftermarket lights,USB chargers, etc etc etc . . . . so the van is stock.

and see if it makes any difference. . . . . . . . . . If it makes no difference, then thats not the problem.

The thing with DAB is that its very picky with signal level - ie it needs a very good signal area. . . . your listed at Wembdon, Bridgwater, UK so lets see if any other members close to you have similar issues.

whats your FM reception like in the same area?

is it any different with the ignition on? or engine running? lights on? lights off?

are the national stations like BBC etc received ok?

have you re-scanned the station list regularly to keep it updated?

so first you need to know if you are in a good signal area . . . . .

then see if anything in the van is interferaing with the radio reception,

you could try a third party antenna as a test, or look at a roof top antenna . . . .

more info here >

T6 Aerials, Gps, Dab, Fm/am, Gsm - How I Did It -

ukdigitalradio: Coverage

DAB coverage plans

Search Results for Query: dab | VW T6 Forum - The Dedicated VW Transporter T6 Forum

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=dab+an...&sprefix=dab+anye,aps,147&ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_1_8

My Golf GTD has the discover head unit and has never lost signal, i will try all the things your suggesting thanks for that, however I’m useless with wiring wouldn’t even no where to start to disconnect headlights

Back