[Guide] How To Retrofit MFSW And Cruise Control To T6 Eu6 2019 Startline - Also Hacking DSG Paddles For CCS

It would now seem after some to-ing and fro-ing on the rosstech forums, a nice gentleman tried his and it is my vcds cable not capable of accessing the engine module. It can access and change all other modules except the engine module.

I have run a cable from ecu T10/1 but I am now being told I need to run it from ecu t94/44, What colour or where is this T94? is it the same type of plugs as T10?

ok. Finally figured the lin bus 36 out. What a wolly. So that part is working. I can get cent elec module to show all the trip, stereo and cruise buttons being pressed. The trip and stereo buttons work changing things so it is now just a case of getting the cruise to function. I did not have the buttons working last time.

Do I need to change my T10/1 wire? Also I am guessing I am still stuck until I can get someone to activate cruise in the engine ecu module.

Last edited:
I also think you need a different VCDS cable - Hex V2. Obviously it will be frowned upon but I would take the risky route and get a VCP clone in your position. Pay a little more for one from a UK supplier though.
Leave the T10 wire as it is and concentrate on the ECU coding problem. The T10 wire goes to the ECU.

Last edited:
upload_2020-4-5_12-18-11.png

Hi Chang1

Is there anyway to tell if I have the correct required BCM settings as above as required ( to a scan of my van below ) for the MFSW functionality with CCS ... I have installed what I think is everything 2 repair wires and new airbag loom and correct wheel and another member helped with coding as what we thought required .. but..

the new wheel only part functions ... the MFD works on the stalk and on the wheel but only as first selected in your write up ( not a problem ) , the Kenwood DABS media buttons work only for channel change and volume not telephone functions but none of the CCS buttons work , but the stalk still controls the CCS ( my van had CCS on the stalk originally and I did not want to replace the stalk )

It seems I am close but quite there yet ... obviously the CAN bus must be working to get functionality from the MFD and the Kenwood.. Any ides appreciated.

upload_2020-4-5_12-19-0.png

You can't have the stalk and MFSW controlling the CCS together. Look through "Fitting and Wiring up the Parts" 5 and 6 to see what wires to remove and insulate or move.

if I have the correct required BCM settings as above as required
I'm afraid not - see the reds
upload_2020-4-5_15-25-37.png
You can't have the stalk and MFSW controlling the CCS together.
Hi @chang1 ,
I understand this - however just noticed that German VCDS states about Byte 17, Bit 2 = Cruise control on MFSW, "Geschwindigkeitsregelanlage (GRA) über Multifunktionslenkrad (MFL) verbaut"
so got curious if this setting alone would/could disable the stalk (unless the stalk and MFSW button are anyways conflicting on wiring/LIN bus). :unsure:

Ahh... wasn't aware of having to remove the wires I just thought either stalk or wheel would operate the CCS ... is it easier to change the stalk rather than remove the wires from T41 ? the cost of stalk can't be much !

I need to remove the wheel again as it happens as the centre line mark on the new wheel must have been out slightly to my old one ... it's just slightly off centre ... so will carry out his additional work at that time.

Thanks

Byte 17, Bit 2 = Cruise control on MFSW

Good find, I was wondering what it does.
Unless the unused buttons annoy you there is no need to change the stalks, I did as I still had the original non CCS stalks. Just make the wiring changes and you should be good to go. Byte 15 bit 0 did not do anything on my van with a basic wireless so doubt it will cause a problem if incorrectly set unless your wireless has that feature.
The T10 black and yellow wire goes to different places which is probably why you can't use stalks and an MFSW together.

News from Rosstech. Unless you have the new V2 hex lead you cannot change the Engine 01 section. Thanks to dnoermann for trying this.
I will buy a clone vcp lead just to change this 1 single thing. Hopefully that will be capable of doing that.

6 - Install the 3 Repair Wires

First Run two wires from the stalks connector T41 pins 9 and 10 to the pedal area.

If you already have CCS, reuse the black and yellow wire from pin 26 or 29 (they are connected) for pin 11 and another disconnected wire (I used the blue wire from pin 31 don't use the other black and yellow wire) for pin 11 (wires from pins 9 and 11 should now already be installed).

I see this is a little confusing if you already have CCS and also needs correcting. The blue wire goes to pin 10 not pin 11 and it does not mention the blue/black wire.
It should be like this -

If you already have CCS you can reuse wires instead of running repair wires. Move one of the black/yellow wires from pin 26 (or 29, as they are connected) to pin 11. The black/yellow wire is already connected to the T10 connector. Move the black/blue wire from pin 28 to pin 9. This supplies +12v. Move one of the other removed wires to pin 10. I used the blue wire from pin 31 but don't use the other black/yellow wire. The other end, in the T73b connector, will need splicing to the T73b pin 36 wire.

Any further fault finding or help to try and get this over the line ... see my install notes in RED from stages 5&6 onwards and additional comments for ease of reading

5 - Remove Redundant Wires from the Stalks Connector T41

The horn will now be operated by the LIN Bus so the brown and yellow wire has to be removed from pin 11 and insulated. This stops the horn sounding when the CCS on/off button is pressed.

-DONE ( Yes the horn stops working from the CCS ON/OFF ) but Horn works from AIrbag

If you have CCS on the stalks, and are not changing them to non CCS stalks, remove the six stalk CCS wires from pins 26 to 31 and insulate them. - DONE tied back insulated.

Remove the black and yellow CCS wire from pin 45 on the BCM connector T73b. DONE ...but why did this need removing

6 - Install the 3 Repair Wires

First Run two wires from the stalks connector T41 pins 9 and 10 to the pedal area.
DONE

If you already have CCS, reuse the black and yellow wire from pin 26 or 29 (they are connected) for pin 11 and another disconnected wire (I used the blue wire from pin 31 don't use the other black and yellow wire) for pin 11 (wires from pins 9 and 11 should now already be installed). DONE - I used Ex Pin 29 ( black /yw ) - connected to Pin 11

Pin 9 wire needs splicing into the black wire on the light switch connector. Take extra care with this one as if it fails your lights may go out. DONE

Pin 10 wire needs splicing into the wire for pin 36 in the BCM connector T73b DONE

Pin 11 wire goes to pin 1 of the T10 connector under the battery. I routed it through a blanked hole near the wheel arch, that I think would be used for the bonnet release cable on LHD vans. Then I drilled a hole to get to the T10 connector. The loom I had for the old CCS kit just reached the T10 connector. N/A as I had CCS from the stalk already

Purchased VCDS HEX 2 and applied the coding as suggested below :

ECU01
Byte 05 Bit 5 ( Already set as 1 ) van had stalk control CCS

BCM09
Byte 09 Bit 3 set to 1
Byte 15 Bit 0 ( tried 0 and 1 ) no noticeable affect on mobile phone !
Byte 17 Bit 2 set to 1 ( and also tried set 0 with Byte 29 bit 6 set 1 and 0 ) - no noticeable effect.

Byte 17 Bit 7 ( Already set as 1 ) van had stalk control CCS

Byte 29 Bit 6 set to 1 ( see below )

When coded with above and Byte 29 Bit 6 set to 1 ALL working wheel functions non operable ( loss of radio and MFD functions ) and the horn will not work from airbag .. set
Byte 29 Bit 6 back to 0 and the radio and MFD and horn functions back again... similar fault set up as bullracing in post above ... have you managed to sort your issues yet ?

With Byte 29 bit 6 set 0 or 1 - no CCS on /off or increments seen in the MFD - just an idea but what if I try splicing to T73b ( 17 ) moved from ( 36 )

( Some buttons on either side of the wheel operate ( LHS up/down volume ) and ( RHS MFD and Radio channel change ) so the LIn Bus signal must be good to MFSW ... is it more the CCS on/off control to the ECU .. I have moved pin 29 wire to pin 11 as in section 6.

I have just been out and checked my coding (photo) and it is as shown in the guide. Assuming your wiring is correct, you need to double check the coding as you are getting odd things happening. Take a photo of the BCM long coding settings so you can change everything back, then try setting your BCM like mine in box 3 of the long coding page.
Only change the following Bytes
Byte 9 change to 28
Byte 15 change to 54
Byte 17 change to 84
Byte 29 change to 40

If it still doesn't work check the buttons are being recognized with VCDS.
You can then change back the coding and alter as required.
Pin 17 on the T73b connector is only used on older vans for CCS.
If the black and yellow wire is left in pin 45 it will conflict with the lin bus signal.

20200418_182148.jpg

Last edited:
Get the speedo mimic and + and - mph increments show in the mfd .. fingers crossed just needs the road test to prove it works perhaps.

Codes used as above thread by Chang1.

Wiring issue at the BCM.. T73b pin 36 on my 17 Euro 6 van .. no grey/white wire installed so I had assumed if no wire to 'splice into' then I would need to revert to what was Pin 17 black/green so I had the repair wire installed here... hence only part operation of the MFSW. ( I had to use the removed Wire Pin 45 short cut length to fit into pin 36 as I had no connector socket to crimp onto repair wire 10 )
A lot of faffing around wheel on and off 3 times and awkward BCM access but perhaps sometimes "Need to think out the box a little" as I assumed if no wire pin 36 then I must connect / splice onto existing black / green wire to Pin17 ... for anyone else thinking of doing this mod please note the missing wire pin 36 Issue.

For me the CCS on the stalk was more annoying to get the hang of it and toggling the up and down speed and switching on off as they are sort of hidden by the wheel .. without the VCDS purchase it can be done
for around £150 .. wheel for 100 eBay, 40 new Airbag loom , 10 repair wires from Pauly.

Many thanks to Chang1 for guidance and help of the past couple of weeks

Iwill confirm all good after road testing but may not be for a couple of weeks as van is camper at top of drive and I only get it out on a trip mainly.

Good to see it is working. If you are still using my codes make sure only the relevant bits have changed as your van may have different settings to mine. For example the photo of Byte 9 shows rear electric windows not fitted so if you have them they will not work with my coding.
It would have been easier to just reuse the blue wire for the pin 10 to pin 36 link. As in my correction shown in post #50 above.
The MFSW buttons are much better than the stalk but my flappy paddles mod is so much better again. The CCS defaults to how it was when the van last ran so I don't even have to turn it on. Now and then I would use the cancel button but mostly just cancel when braking. So setting, resuming and changing speed is all done with the much more useable paddles.

Last edited:
Hi there, quick question regarding the cruise control connector pin for the T10 plug in the “birds nest” under the battery...

I ran my repair wire successfully from pin 11 on the large stalk plug out to the T10 connector but then discovered that the pin type isn’t the same small size as the pin 11 end of the wire so ultimately couldn’t complete the circuit today..

Could anyone advise the name of the larger pin type that I need for the T10 - pin 1 slot? Or drop a link to the ones I need on eBay?

It’s the last thing I need to do to complete my MFSW install so I’d be very grateful.

Oh and huge thanks to everyone on the forum for posting up the info needed for this retrofit, couldn’t have done it without your knowledge!

A9A190ED-EE2E-441C-AA52-F638285D20C0.jpeg

Guys, i'm looking for a pointer please. I have upgraded to a MFSW and added cruise from a plain plastic wheel on my 2019 van.
I have used the guides and steering wheel loom kit available, done all the coding and all is working except the horn. If i activate the horn with VCDS it works but not from pushing the airbag. Any ideas what I have done wrong? coding or wiring

Thankyou, I did not have cruise from standard, so removed the wire from pin 11 on the column and run a repair wire to e-box.
run repair wires from pins 9 to light switch, run repair wires from pin 10 to pin 36 on bcm. cruise is working, all other buttons working.
Only horn is not working. I have coded byte 29 bit 6 (second from Left) reads 40 in long code.
Is there a way to test signal from steering wheel to check lin activated?

Back