Extra Door Seal/buffers

Major thread.
Basically I found the passenger seal should go on the first step, and the drivers seal on the second step.
I think there was a set of instructions somewhere in the thread.

I think if you are only going to do one mod to your van, this should be it.
I've got van mates who spend thousands on wheels, seats, suspension and audio gear but who's doors still clatter when they get in and out.

Bought mine from THQ as a bundle with the rubber to fill the gap between the dash and screen. £28 I think from memory

After a week, my drivers door still doesn’t shut properly.
passenger side is great, drivers side is annoying me now.

Mine was like that initially too, but settled now
My extra door seal seems to be fitting this raised part of the door? This why it isn’t shutting? I did follow the instructions and guidance

9EF114EF-A5ED-49FC-A4BF-AE3942BB2227.jpeg

Just fit a set of transporter hqs seals and they work perfectly and make a difference in both closing and in cab noise. Very impressed for such a small price

Just fit a set of transporter hqs seals and they work perfectly and make a difference in both closing and in cab noise. Very impressed for such a small price
What’s the difference between transporter HQ and travelin lite?

I doubt theres any to be honest. As long as theyre the same height and width theyll be mich of a muchness

I bought travelin lite ones, very good but there is a right way round and a wrong way round to fit them as they have a specific profile - the instructions explain which way round to fit them. The drivers door is easier to close if the window is open so I think the air pressure in the cab does affect things.

I bought travelin lite ones, very good but there is a right way round and a wrong way round to fit them as they have a specific profile - the instructions explain which way round to fit them. The drivers door is easier to close if the window is open so I think the air pressure in the cab does affect things.
I’ve ripped mine off now , looking at their instructions compared to the instruction posted by trevorK they are different. I followed Travelinlite instructions to a T, and the seal Is hitting a part of the body work it shouldn’t. The instructions above place them differently, which wouldn’t hit the area causing the issue.

As a suggestion….for Those looking to add the additional door seal… if you have the opportunity to visit a dealer …take a look at the showroom models ( not panel/Kombi vans) and you can see the correct fitting of the seal…i too was confused by different instructions provided by suppliers….unfortunately some suppliers just want your money and After buying a second seal which was different in size and suppleness to the original was finally able to shut the door with that….Sounds like a Golf :)

As a suggestion….for Those looking to add the additional door seal… if you have the opportunity to visit a dealer …take a look at the showroom models ( not panel/Kombi vans) and you can see the correct fitting of the seal…i too was confused by different instructions provided by suppliers….unfortunately some suppliers just want your money and After buying a second seal which was different in size and suppleness to the original was finally able to shut the door with that….Sounds like a Golf :)
Which seals did you buy in the end?

Which seals did you buy in the end?
it was from EBay….just checked wife’s eBay history (feb 2019 ) but the seller Is delisted….but I was so anal I measured the depth and width of the seal on the Ocean/beach to get an exact match ..you will find some are 12/14/16mm deep.. ok just check mine it’s 14mm deep…hope that helps :thumbsup:

it was from EBay….just checked wife’s eBay history (feb 2019 ) but the seller Is delisted….but I was so anal I measured the depth and width of the seal on the Ocean/beach to get an exact match ..you will find some are 12/14/16mm deep.. ok just check mine it’s 14mm deep…hope that helps :thumbsup:
Thank you very much

Back