Extra Door Seal/buffers

Rich

T6 Pro
Hi All,

The one thing about my van that is bugging me is that I thought it was coming with the extra door seal installed (a whopping £20 option, makes you wonder why it's not standard?!) but it didn't. I was just wondering if anyone has used anything else as an after-market measure to improve "tinny" sound of door closing without this option?

Thanks.

There's a guy that sells them on the T5 forum, Mr Resk.... There's a thread under 'bodywork and exterior' named 'part numbers for left and right extra front door seals'. Some good photos and write ups etc. It's for T5 so you might need to speak to him to see if they fit T6

Thanks everyone, went onto the other forum (shhh) to track down the thread and track down Mr Resk, having had a read through it seemed like the stuff he is able to get hold of sits a little tighter to the doors and sticks like nothing else (other types have a more 'foamy' tape on the back), when others were sometimes coming away, so I've ordered some from him, looking forward to quieter doors and more satisfying shutting experiences!

@Rob £29 including postage. Aware that other options seem a lot cheaper, but reading the 20+ pages of forum chat about it it seems like the industrial strength tape etc is worth having to make sure they stay on permanently. Will let you know how I get on when it arrives.

I have had some seals delivered today but before I fit them I just want check where they go.

What I mean is I know they go down the leading edge and across the bottom but do they return up the front edge of the door where it's shaped for the wheel arch?

Could do with a picture from @Polzeylad or @Caravellet6 showing the inside of the door in front of the door card/pocket (or anyone else that had the extra factory seals fitted)
I have contacted Mr Resk with an enquiry to bulk buy from him, is anyone else interested in this stuff as I definitely am and this seal seems to be by far the best quality & best stick compared to others, he references it as VW but I cant make out if it is a genuine product or not but I'm defo going with it
@Rich was it £29 for 5 metres delivered ?

Heres some pics I saw but cant see where it stops

cc9a263ea7d72cc88b4324ad071e6a06.jpg f1.jpg untitled.png user121553_pic332825_1463345278.jpeg.jpg

cc9a263ea7d72cc88b4324ad071e6a06.jpg

f1.jpg

untitled.png

user121553_pic332825_1463345278.jpeg.jpg

Thanks @Pauly i can just see that the seal returns up the front edge on one of those pictures so I will go and fit mine sortly and see we it ends up.

@Rob Heres a pic of a VW Caravelle original, its in two parts - part No 10 is an extension of the seal around the front part of the door, gives you an idea how long it is

untitled.png

I have fitted the ones which I got yestersay but to be honest I am not sure on how much of a difference it's actually made so I would be interested to see the dimensions of the ones from Mr Resk.

The thing I liked about them is people saying the door was tight to close after fitting so you know its snug & then eases a bit over couple days as it beds in
He gone on holiday for a couple weeks so not going to have them until early August some time.
If anyone wants some let me know, I will order 100m and split/post out when it arrives, will have to confirm price when he gets back but it will be slightly under £29 rich paid all depends on p&p costs to me and then on to you

i have included them in my extras list , so hopefully they come fitted if not i no where to come

Hi guys.... Just got back from a few days in the van so only just catching up on forum news!!

I've tried to take a photo of my factory fitted seals in the place I think you're talking about.

image.jpeg

The seal along the bottom of the door stops at the bottom of the door and then there is a separate piece that follows the curve of the door and stops at the end of the curve....

image.jpeg

So separate piece of seal starts here (above). ....

image.jpeg

And finishes on my finger here (above)....

Let me know if you guys need anything else

Back