Extra Door Seal/buffers

Hi, yes I bought the additional door rubbers, the passenger door is fine but the driver's door side required a proper slam to close the darn thing, which clearly isn't ideal for all sorts of reasons.

I spent a long time trying to re-position this rubber but it didn't make any difference.

I'm worried that I might die of old age before finding a satisfactory explanation to this, and boy I have tried.

Firstly, make sure you buy the 3M rubbers (or rather the sticky tape is by 3M) as the cheap stuff is S***.

Secondly, get someone else to install them, that way you can grief them when it does what mine did :)

I'm going to wait until I'm really bored before attempting the driver side again...

Hope this helps!
Hi @Ralpher
Rather than ’die of old age……….’ you may find reading some of the posts since #1 from 2016 useful.

If you don’t have time to read them all, then maybe at least from around #367 to #400 onwards?
The problems/suggestions/answers have been debated over and over, regarding quality, siting etc etc.

The VW Transporter models that come with the extra door seals from the factory actually have different versions of front doors, with holes punched in to allow fitting of OEM seals, which do not come with adhesive tape to affix, but dimples which push into the punched holes.

The R/H front door also comes with an additional air vent in the inner lower rear area to release the build up of air pressure between the inner and outer door seals on closing, which causes the door to ‘bounce’ unless closed very firmly.
Siting of the extra seals and the vent can be viewed at the post #393 by @Loz and earlier some of mine from around #367.

Take a close look at the R/H front door of a California etc which come with these seals, affix your good quality seals exactly as per and then fit the extra vent if door still doesn’t close as required.

This forum contains a huge amount of useful information, but being so big, it can often take a little research to find pertinent answers.
I hope this proves of some use.
Andy

Hi @Ralpher
Rather than ’die of old age……….’ you may find reading some of the posts since #1 from 2016 useful.

If you don’t have time to read them all, then maybe at least from around #367 to #400 onwards?
The problems/suggestions/answers have been debated over and over, regarding quality, siting etc etc.

The VW Transporter models that come with the extra door seals from the factory actually have different versions of front doors, with holes punched in to allow fitting of OEM seals, which do not come with adhesive tape to affix, but dimples which push into the punched holes.

The R/H front door also comes with an additional air vent in the inner lower rear area to release the build up of air pressure between the inner and outer door seals on closing, which causes the door to ‘bounce’ unless closed very firmly.
Siting of the extra seals and the vent can be viewed at the post #393 by @Loz and earlier some of mine from around #367.

Take a close look at the R/H front door of a California etc which come with these seals, affix your good quality seals exactly as per and then fit the extra vent if door still doesn’t close as required.

This forum contains a huge amount of useful information, but being so big, it can often take a little research to find pertinent answers.
I hope this proves of some use.
Andy
Thanks Greybeard, I will take a look as soon as my son's football team gets knocked out of the tournament tomorrow :D

Thanks Greybeard, I will take a look as soon as my son's football team gets knocked out of the tournament tomorrow :D
Here’s hoping it is ‘knocked out of’ and not knocked out at.
Ours was a ‘rugby’ school. I was once head butted in a scrum so hard the blood blister under my brow came up so quick it burst!

Greybeard, my school was the same, rugger in the winter and cricket in the summer, none of this girlie soccer for us!

I'm a short-ass but used to be fast (and aggressive of course!) and played scrum half. I played in a schools tournament when about 15 and got punched in the face by a huge forward, I felt like Scratchy must feel when itchy dumps an anvil on his head from the top floor of a building... I instructed the scrum to collapse the next time around, this bastards arm came out of the ruccus, as if by magic, the two rear studs of my boot came down on the underside of his wrist, I must have slipped <cough> because I twisted at the same time. I heard that asshat scream and watched as he was led off the field, not to show his fat face again that day.

Who said revenge ain't sweet? :D

(PS: we got thrashed all the same but I still felt better!)

Man, thought I’d signed into the public school butt plug forum by mistake.
Mine was an ex Grammar school. I moved up from a Secondary Modern Boys school. These schools were ‘streamed’, with the top two classes expected to progress and then stay on for A levels. A little different to today’s Comprehensives. Butt plugs not mandatory.

Reactions: DXX
Could do with a picture from @Polzeylad or @Caravellet6 showing the inside of the door in front of the door card/pocket (or anyone else that had the extra factory seals fitted)
I have contacted Mr Resk with an enquiry to bulk buy from him, is anyone else interested in this stuff as I definitely am and this seal seems to be by far the best quality & best stick compared to others, he references it as VW but I cant make out if it is a genuine product or not but I'm defo going with it
@Rich was it £29 for 5 metres delivered ?

Heres some pics I saw but cant see where it stops

View attachment 204 View attachment 205 View attachment 206 View attachment 207

View attachment 204

View attachment 205

View attachment 206

View attachment 207
Looks great but does it really make a huge difference ?

Back