Replacement front door seal/rubber (not an upgrade!)

Frazman

Caledonian Camper Conversion
Can anyone recommend a replacement drivers door seal? Recently purchased one off eBay from ‘carclubhouse’, which was recommended and well reviewed for a T6, but the fit is horrendous.

The OEM part has an additional flexible section to provide a good seal at the step. Without this, I’m left with a hideous gap at the step which will only Gather dust and water.

I’m not looking for an additional seal ‘to make it sound like a golf’, just a recommendation of where to find a good replacement. All other threads seem to be about the additional stick on piece people have fitted to doors.

Thanks!

Just looked at my t6 to see what you were on about. Hadn't seen that bottom flabby piece, on my passenger side the flabby bit is split and hanging down. Lazy ass Mrs sliding off the seat to get out of the van, she has polished the seat fabric edge to a high gloss finish FFS.

Just looked at my t6 to see what you were on about. Hadn't seen that bottom flabby piece, on my passenger side the flabby bit is split and hanging down. Lazy ass Mrs sliding off the seat to get out of the van, she has polished the seat fabric edge to a high gloss finish FFS.
Yep, I suspect the previous owner of mine had a similar lazy method of egress! It had been torn and hanging low for ages and had began to rust. Wish I’d not bothered taking it off now tbh!

@Garyde - Have you driven much in wet weather with those new ones - any good?

I just ordered from these guys to replace drivers door seal on my (new to me) Kombi that has a perished seal at the bottom (seems scraped / worn) and water is creeping over it in rain. You can see the darker patch on the door seal in image below / so figured it has to be the wear allowing water in and that it isn’t meant to do that!

496CAEC9-AF07-4579-A933-3F4155748360.jpeg

@Garyde - Have you driven much in wet weather with those new ones - any good?

I just ordered from these guys to replace drivers door seal on my (new to me) Kombi that has a perished seal at the bottom (seems scraped / worn) and water is creeping over it in rain. You can see the darker patch on the door seal in image below / so figured it has to be the wear allowing water in and that it isn’t meant to do that!

View attachment 208085
I stay in the west of Scotland so plenty of wet weather driving :-D

The seals have been fine since fitting them with no issues.

Back