Extra Door Seal/buffers

Nope it won’t work without slamming. I haven’t watched the video but I can’t think they come up with something I haven’t yet tried

Watched the video, if I follow that on my van I have to slam the door to get it to shut

Nope it won’t work without slamming. I haven’t watched the video but I can’t think they come up with something I haven’t yet tried
Got to be worth a 10 watch? Lol
Failing that you've fitted them incorrectly or you have a problem with your hinges or door lock
or try closing with the window 2 inches down as could be the van is air tight. Lol

Watched the video, if I follow that on my van I have to slam the door to get it to shut
Wow reading this thread is addling my brain. I just bought a random rubber, fitted them and it sounds like a glof and door is no harder to shut. I cant think of how you are having such problems. :confused:

Umm..having done it twice I can understand the frustration @Lucio ..could have a point about air tight...when you convert vans a lot of breath vents get covered over ..just a thought
but can’t but admire your perseverance...hang in there bud ;)

I’ve just purchased the Travelin Lite rubbers, will report back once fitted.

I completely forgot about this! I have a different seal to try!! I’ll have to see if I can have a mess tomorrow

I had a look at this again today. The door still had the 12mm seal on in the outer groove position (this shut but didn’t sound very good), it also had a strip on further inside the door of the THQ seal just seeing for testing (again it closed but didn’t sound any better)4640EE61-91CE-46EA-BDED-B65567A277D7.jpeg

So I gave up with all that and instead fitted the TL seal
07E3E009-1036-4D5D-B7B1-D6A9F35B61FA.jpeg
Like the Caravelle seal from an earlier post this is not symmetrical.
DF841810-D8D0-44C4-AB45-BE33894AEDA9.jpeg
So I put this is on and it is definitely better but still doesn’t close as easy as the passenger door. I have now cut a slit on the inside every 6” on so and again better. I have left this on now in the hope that the seal will get better over time.

The door also sounds noticeably more tinny than the passenger door so I hope this be improved when I have fitted some deadening

I had a look at this again today. The door still had the 12mm seal on in the outer groove position (this shut but didn’t sound very good), it also had a strip on further inside the door of the THQ seal just seeing for testing (again it closed but didn’t sound any better)View attachment 72505

So I gave up with all that and instead fitted the TL seal
View attachment 72507
Like the Caravelle seal from an earlier post this is not symmetrical.
View attachment 72506
So I put this is on and it is definitely better but still doesn’t close as easy as the passenger door. I have now cut a slit on the inside every 6” on so and again better. I have left this on now in the hope that the seal will get better over time.

The door also sounds noticeably more tinny than the passenger door so I hope this be improved when I have fitted some deadening
3rd pic Don’t think thats in correct Place
1st pic what’s the extra seal half way down?

Anyone else find these seals trapping a lot of water?
My van is parked with the drivers side up on the kerb so at a slight angle. I went out to it the other day after some rather heavy rain and when I opened the door a huge amount of water dropped to the floor. I’ve got the small step carpets and also noticed that was wet as well.

I’ve now fitted the travelin lite seal on the drivers side and fitted it in the outer mist position but to get it to close nicely I had to cut slits every 6 inches along the length.

I noticed when removing the old seal that it had water in it but I haven’t noticed water inside of the seal

I think I might cut say an inch out of the seal along the bottom most edge to let any trapped water escape.

I’ve now fitted the travelin lite seal on the drivers side and fitted it in the outer mist position but to get it to close nicely I had to cut slits every 6 inches along the length.

I noticed when removing the old seal that it had water in it but I haven’t noticed water inside of the seal
Glad to hear you finally got it to "sound like a golf"

I think I’m just going to buy a golf :). Then I can enjoy the sound of a real golf car door shutting!! ... yeah my drivers side is a little harder to shut, I like the idea of popping a few holes in the seal... I’ll go out side and do that now :)

Back