EU6 150 CXHA Engine Oil Change

Mate, thats exactly what I needed to read! A simple solution, tested it, worked like a charm... awesome!!

I'm fairly sure it tells you how to reset the inspection and oil change notifications in the owners manual too. I was bored one day and decided to read it!

If you look from above down between the battery and the engine towards the back you can see the top of the filter housing , at least thats what i though anyway...may be wrong :unsure:
Crap picture but center of shot ?
View attachment 12810
This is the DSG Transmition oil filter, u change it like every 60k km ... I have the SAME PROBLEM AS U, also same engine, SO IS THE MOTOR OIL FILTER UNDERNEATH NEAR THE OIL DRAIN?

THANK YOU MAN!! i tell u i already called VW Berlin and asked the tec. demartment where on earth the OIL FILTER IS? It should not be in reach of my hands, but by EYES forsure to change it.... and gess i gave them the VIN and the guy couldnt tell me... that was a week ago. Thanks pal.

Changed my engine oil & filter yesterday.
Sequence (follow this entirely at your own risk....):
- Remove undertray - 6 bolts, 13mm socket.
- Drive van to get oil up to temp.
- Release oil filler cap.
- Remove sump drain plug - 19mm socket - leave oil draining.
- Remove oil filter drain - centre of oil filter housing cap. It will drain without hitting any items.
- Remove oil filter housing cap when housing has finished draining - 32mm socket.
- Remove old filter and both of the cap seals - replace all with new bits.
- Lubricate filter cap O rings with fresh oil.
- Refit oil filter housing drain in cap - don't over-tighten, just needs to be nipped up.
- Refit housing cap with new filter installed - hand tight then torque to 25Nm.
- Refit sump drain plug with new sealing washer - I actually fitted a new magnetic drain plug. Torque to 10Nm.
- Fill engine with fresh oil - 7.4 litres.
- Run engine & check for leaks.
- Refit undertray - and feel smug about a job well done.
Hi, are you certain the torque for the sump plug is just 10nm, I have see other places 30nm?

I also have the 140bhp model if that is different?

Can anyone recommend a magnetic sump plug.......or, now don't laugh........would it be possible to magnetize the standard plug?????:thumbsup:

Can anyone recommend a magnetic sump plug.......or, now don't laugh........would it be possible to magnetize the standard plug?????:thumbsup:
Not the T6, but on my old Landy, I have the magnet from an old hard drive attached to the sump plug. It confused the MoT tester the first time he saw it.

I have one for my T6 but the dealer refused to fit it for "warranty " reasons :(

Just changing my oil today, pulled the plug and found a lump of tar like substance stuck to the magnet. It would seem to be doing its job.

IMG_20220205_120123.jpgIMG_20220205_120143.jpgIMG_20220205_120159.jpg

It also pi$$es me off that nowhere in the owners manual that I can see, does it say how much oil this thing takes, really??!!
CXHA Oil Capacity 7.4 litres with filter change.

Last edited:
It also pi$$es me off that nowhere in the owners manual that I can see, does it say how much oil this thing takes, really??!!
There seems to be a presumption that no one does / should do their own servicing, so why would we need to worry our pretty little heads with dealer only secrets?
Page 244 basically says you need to be a 'qualified workshop' to change the oil, 'due to the special tools and knowledge required' So there it is, we're not allowed to service our own vans!
1 litre of VW 507.00 for top ups is all us van users 'need' to know!

I assumed the oil capacity would be around 7 - 8 litres, so that's reassuring to know when I change mine in 10K.

Just changing my oil today, pulled the plug and found a lump of tar like substance stuck to the magnet. It would seem to be doing its job.
I'd be getting a little bit twitchy if I pulled that from my engine. Are you going to stretch out the filter to see how much non ferrous deposits are being collected?

Engine only has 9500 miles on it, last oil change was about 4000 ago, 0W-30 Shell Helix AV-L synthetic, The paper filter is reasonably clean.

Just changing my oil today, pulled the plug and found a lump of tar like substance stuck to the magnet. It would seem to be doing its job.View attachment 144757View attachment 144758View attachment 144759

I suppose the only saving grace is that you’ve caught that on the magnet, so it’s not circulating.

Back