Yes Please Van-x! Just fitted their dash kit and am a very happy bunny, put a USB in so I can keep a phone charging and out of sight, bit of a weird shaped hole inside it though that doesn’t relate to anything on the market, had to make a plate up n stuff.. Can’t wait to put a cover on the top dash idiot space. I read an article once that said that vehicle design is so competative that they use graduates fresh from design school to get cutting edge designs, the trouble is that they have never had a car, let alone had to use a vehicle to work in full time. That’s how we end up with a van with a tiny lockable space with no USB, and loads of exposed room to put only non stealable rubbish in, including a massive dash-top dump area for anything that isn’t matt black to reflect off the windscreen and cause a crash. I’ve had so many working vans/saloons that either have no storage for even a petrol card (yes you Nissan!) to a car that had so much storage you actually lost things ( Toyota’s first Avensis model ate a pair of sunglasses of mine, it was better to attach a piece of string to everything so you could make your way to it! I think a Minator wears them now.

I suspect the bean counters had more to do with the design of the T6 dash. Took a T5 dash and said what can we strip out to save cost and how can we make it cheaper to produce. Got to pay for dieselgate somehow.:devil:

I had the van x glovebox turn up today but I’m going to send it back, I thought the lid would stay upon it’s own but it doesn’t. This is unfortunately a game changer for me as I know it will annoy me later on. I guess I have to live with the nasty hole until someone designs a glovebox that stays up.

My one stays up if you open it fully. Yes it’s not sprung loaded, or damped, but even if it didn’t stay up it’s still more usefull than a gaping hole. I put a USB in mine and can now leave a phone on charge , wallet etc. out of site. I was using microfibre cloths to cover valuables before and was thinking of upgrading to cuddly toys instead. I guess now that Van-x have made a solution there’s not going to be much competition. If the lid won’t stay up, I would complain and send for another.

I had the van x glovebox turn up today but I’m going to send it back, I thought the lid would stay upon it’s own but it doesn’t. This is unfortunately a game changer for me as I know it will annoy me later on. I guess I have to live with the nasty hole until someone designs a glovebox that stays up.

@drew_greenday . Just having a wee look at mine. As you can see in the photo, mine stays open unaided. However, looking at the hinge mechanism, if yours is dropping down, looks like a short length of foam tape wrapped round the hinge would introduce more friction to prevent gravity from closing the lid. Easy fix for £2.59. Found so many uses for this stuff. Preventing rattles and squeaks, adding friction to clips and so on.

10mm x 2mm Single Sided Self Adhesive Shockproof Sponge Foam Tape 5M Length UK 604267070518 | eBay

20181002_205846.jpg

20181002_210003.jpg

I was using microfibre cloths to cover valuables before and was thinking of upgrading to cuddly toys instead.

You'll be amazed at what can be made to disappear up a sock monkey's arse...... all in the name of security of course. Neither wonder he's got a smile on his face:)

20180901_155739.jpg

My one stays up if you open it fully. Yes it’s not sprung loaded, or damped, but even if it didn’t stay up it’s still more usefull than a gaping hole. I put a USB in mine and can now leave a phone on charge , wallet etc. out of site. I was using microfibre cloths to cover valuables before and was thinking of upgrading to cuddly toys instead. I guess now that Van-x have made a solution there’s not going to be much competition. If the lid won’t stay up, I would complain and send for another.

I haven’t actually fitted it and was just a look whilst out of the van. Looks like two people’s lid stays up so might have a proper look tomorrow and see.

@Dieseldonkey can you show a better picture of the foam please. Looks like a good fix

Sorry @drew_greenday . It's dark o'clock when I took the pictures. I haven't needed to use the foam on my own glove box, but I'm using my key to indicate the hinge in the photo. I'd suggest trying foam tape either around the circumference of the hinge section attached to the lid itself. Or apply it on the side wall of the glove box so that it's sandwiched between the stationary side wall and the rotating side face of the hinge. Hope that makes sense.

anyone able to help?
I have a very good price for a comfort dash from a multivan - but i have a transporter with rear heating (and therefore the controls).. this dash - scroll down a bit The Transporter

i dont think this'll work will it? or is there a way to have everything of the comfort dash but retain the bit to the right (for my lhd) of the gearstick?!

So, i'd like to keep the gear stick and surround, and the plastic just to the right of it...and merge the rest with a comfort dash - is this possible?! @Pauly are they compatible wrt VW? does that make sense?

dash (Large).JPG

seems like i could keep the central lower trim? does this just clip together?

dash_trim.JPG

I've known vanx for some years now and they try hard to produce quality goods..They were amongst the first to enter the vw van accessories world. The items are never going to be the same quality as vw but close. As always you get what you pay for..I would advise of any problems just to contact them, they are very understanding

Been a while since I posted on this thread .
My 3/4 comfort dash is now going to be a full comfort dash,just meed a spare day now to swop it over .IMG_20181126_152337.jpg

Back