Do you need to buy additional screws to secure the new centre console surround or can you reuse the screws from the old centre console?

Yer you need 4irc and a speedclip to fit the duct for the chiller. Speedclips are the same as the ones that hold the lower glove box in Ok.

Sorry for sounding dumb....what are 4irc and a speedclip?

Is there a part number for what I need?

Sorry for sounding dumb....what are 4irc and a speedclip?

Is there a part number for what I need?

You do need extra screws, if you order the parts from @Pauly he will include them! Well he did for me :)

Speed clip = plastic rivet. I actuallly used a plastic number plate nut and bolt.

You do need extra screws, if you order the parts from @Pauly he will include them! Well he did for me :)

Speed clip = plastic rivet. I actuallly used a plastic number plate nut and bolt.

I've got all the trim parts. I just didn't realise I needed extra screws.

@Pauly would you be so kind and let me know the part numbers for the centre console fittings please?

I’m out on site so don’t have any info with me
They are the same screws that are used everywhere, if your doing it now and get stuck use some of the seven that hold your glovebox in they can easily be replaced later

I’m out on site so don’t have any info with me
They are the same screws that are used everywhere, if your doing it now and get stuck use some of the seven that hold your glovebox in they can easily be replaced later
:thumbsup: thank you

Right I'm proper pants at this and stress at everything.....what are speedclip and what do they look like?

I'm looking to fit the comfort dash glovebox and leave the existing vent etc in place. Will the glove box work with the existing dash? I intend to have them all repainted Bamboo green. Is the glovebox £93.83 +VAT?

I'm looking to fit the comfort dash glovebox and leave the existing vent etc in place. Will the glove box work with the existing dash? I intend to have them all repainted Bamboo green. Is the glovebox £93.83 +VAT?
There are some locating pegs which wont lin up with existing vents and radio trim .you will probably have to re drill them in the right place

I fitted my comfort dash upper parts over the weekend and I can now see why people say it’s a pain in the ass, the cutting and recutting was not fun !

I found the details and pics on pages 9 and 10 of this thread a great help as a baseline of what needs to be removed, I did find there was a couple areas that need to be cut that you couldn’t see in the pics so I took loads of pictures with the intention of doing a quick thread showing all areas and explaining what was done and why

There are some locating pegs which wont line up with existing vents and radio trim .you will probably have to re drill them in the right place
Thanks @carlg , So it's possible to use the existing vents etc but they'll need a little drilling / fettling? Any pics to help please?
Since the comfort dash vents etc require cutting to the shape of the existing, then I'd rather go down this simpler / cheaper route.

It's much easier when you have the parts to compare in front of you. Then the descriptions that folks have written up seem to make much more sense :thumbsup:

Thanks @carlg , So it's possible to use the existing vents etc but they'll need a little drilling / fettling? Any pics to help please?
Since the comfort dash vents etc require cutting to the shape of the existing, then I'd rather go down this simpler / cheaper route.
The quality of the comfort dash vents are far better .by the time you have painted the parts I thought it was easier to fit all the comfort dash parts .apart from glove box its only the bottom corners off the two vents and clock bezel.

Just ordering my T6 and so glad I found this thread! The comfort dash is an absolute MUST for me and I couldn't find it on the VW configurator, so I rang the dealer & he's confirmed it IS available to order - PHEW.....

Just ordered a t6 shuttle and have been told we can’t have the comfort dash,and the shuttles being made to order!!.whats that about?.

Just ordered a t6 shuttle and have been told we can’t have the comfort dash,and the shuttles being made to order!!.whats that about?.
Dose the shuttle have double passenger seat in the front .

No I opted for the single seat.Would that make a difference?.The dealer told me you can have it in a Kombi but not the shuttle which doesn’t make sense to me but hey ho...

Back