No I opted for the single seat.Would that make a difference?.The dealer told me you can have it in a Kombi but not the shuttle which doesn’t make sense to me but hey ho...
You cant have comfort dash with double seat .strange how they wont fit it in a shuttle .
Ask if any one has it in a shuttle on the general T6 chat post .

The vent comes out quite easy,and you can clip the front off so easy to paint .
@carlg , are the vent fronts on the radio surround vents easy to remove? The outside clips look to be a simple clip but I haven't cracked the inner fixings.

@carlg , are the vent fronts on the radio surround vents easy to remove? The outside clips look to be a simple clip but I haven't cracked the inner fixings.
The whole radio surround comes off easy .
I never took the fronts off ,

Thanks @carlg , seems the front cover can't be removed so it's a case of masking before painting.

Van X has a solution, which I saw when visiting yesterday. The passenger side trim can be held on with magnets, which means you can still utilise the hidden space behind.
I'm going to fabricate my own removable panel and cover in brush ali affect sticky wrap and continue the affect covering the remaining trim.

I've got one and it's ok as a stop gap. Don't expect it to be VW quality though.

@Halfnail . Just fitted my Matte black one. It's a good match with the vents either side of it. Not cheap, but visually, it's so much better. Shame on VW for not fitting one from the from the factory and praise to Van X for developing a fix.

20180928_084729.jpg

Yes it has a latch. Difficult to see in the photo but there is a couple of discreet raised ridges on the bottom edge of the lid. They indicate where to press. It clicks open and the lid lifts up. I think it's just friction that keeps it open. Quality wise, it's not got the ruggedness you'd get from a factory fit item but it does the job, looks fine and I'd buy it again as a solution to the fresh air glove box.

Yes it has a latch. Difficult to see in the photo but there is a couple of discreet raised ridges on the bottom edge of the lid. They indicate where to press. It clicks open and the lid lifts up. I think it's just friction that keeps it open. Quality wise, it's not got the ruggedness you'd get from a factory fit item but it does the job, looks fine and I'd buy it again as a solution to the fresh air glove box.

Do you think the Matt paint will last, seems an odd thing to put on the website as a disclaimer that they don’t cover the paint if they know it’s going to fail, covering future claims??

Do you think the Matt paint will last, seems an odd thing to put on the website as a disclaimer that they don’t cover the paint if they know it’s going to fail, covering future claims??

I fitted the Van X matt black glove box yesterday, the end result is much, much better looking and more functional than the previous open storage. There isn't actually any paint on my glove box, the finish matches the air vents and radio surround. The inside of the glove box has a rough sandpaper like finish which I don't quite get. Robustness, perhaps it doesn't give the feeling that it will take a lot of abuse but I don't expect to be giving it much abuse. Looks wise, it's a winner.

I'll just add the fitting went okay although I had a bit of shoogling about replacing the radio console surround/vents, to be fair the youtube guide says you don't have to fully remove it in the first place, so if you do come to fit one of these give yourself a break and don't fully remove it!

I got mine two days ago. I think the reference to paint is for the piano black version as opposed to the matte, which is unpainted. Following the you tube video makes it a dodle to fit.

It has a cut out on the right hand side of the glove box on the inside. It looks about the right size to locate the USB port, if you decide to buy the cover for the open area in between the upper and lower glove box.

I got mine two days ago. I think the reference to paint is for the piano black version as opposed to the matte, which is unpainted. Following the you tube video makes it a dodle to fit.

It has a cut out on the right hand side of the glove box on the inside. It looks about the right size to locate the USB port, if you decide to buy the cover for the open area in between the upper and lower glove box.

Yeah I was thinking it would relate to the gloss black one.

I’ll get one! Wasn’t a fan of the gloss, never have been.

Thanks

Back