Is the hinged lid for the top tray available separately? I have the comfort dash at the moment and am mulling over the idea of having a screen pop up from there, triggered by activation of the parking sensors and connected to the reversing camera, using an Audi screen. I don't want to cut a hole in my existing lid so it's either get a second one or take a mould from mine and make a fibreglass copy if it's too expensive.

Is the hinged lid for the top tray available separately? I have the comfort dash at the moment and am mulling over the idea of having a screen pop up from there, triggered by activation of the parking sensors and connected to the reversing camera, using an Audi screen. I don't want to cut a hole in my existing lid so it's either get a second one or take a mould from mine and make a fibreglass copy if it's too expensive.
Its about £137+vat for the top tray .

Are the silver trims that mount between the upper and lower glovebox, around heater controls and across to the drivers side, available as seperate parts. Can you still get access to the cubby hole behind if you fit them.

They are separate parts but the comfort dash does not have recesses there so they clip in and are fixed, there’s no way to fit them to a standard dash unless you modify and use some glue ? Doubt you could do it and make them removeable

Thanks @Pauly. Thats a shame. I think Van X do similar mouldings now designed to fit the standard dash but they're in piano black as opposed silver aluminuim effect.

@andys
Crikey! Looks like I'm making my own then, thanks.

did you make any headway with this?

i was wondering if the two dash's are the same curvature/shape? any idea?
i have a poor-mans dash, and pretty much know that i will never be able to fit a comfort (my wife would kill me, so i wouldnt be here to profit from it!). But if i could make a lid and hinge it somehow i'd be happy.. have you managed to find bits like hinges etc? i dont know where to look for things like that... my suppliers are mechanical but not that small!

i have a friend who has his own carbon company so he could make a lid up for me if i gave him the shape..

Coolio, im going get one, be better than the hole !
Have you carpeted inside ?

Mine came with a rubber insert that fits around the inside profile of the curved back face. This helps prevent things rattling about. Nothing to stop you also carpeting the inside if you prefer however. But yes, as much as Stephen Hawkings may have approved, I much prefer living without the black hole. :rolleyes:

So i get nowt for spotting the chrome trim round the vents?...
I've yet to fit my glove box,is it easy enough to do?.

So i get nowt for spotting the chrome trim round the vents?...
I've yet to fit my glove box,is it easy enough to do?.

If it is a Van-X one it is easier to just throw it in the bin,that is where mine will be going :thumbsup:

Back