Excellent guide mate..not bad for another Bala retrofit. I've got a big fit planned for next year.. :sneaky:

Did a centre console at Bala this weekend.
A few bits you need todo to mak it fit to the floor trim
Pull carpet back as far as you can so it’s now covering the seats. Release the three clips just by pulling them up. Turn the whole thing towards the passenger side as you’re looking down on it. It won’t come out if you try turning to drivers side.
Now it’s out, masking tape the passenger side inner edge and the front edge to where the gearshift cables go. Mark down two inches and cut off the two side leaving the drivers side on the corner. Refit floor trim, do not refit carpet. Carefully fitt the new centre console and locate with two screws. Now more masking tape to the passenger side of where you’ve aready cut. Mark the bottom edge of the console. Now remove the console and the trim. From the line you’ve made follow that to the front edge but not the drivers side. Refit the floor trim and now the carpet. Fit console and all the other bits and you will be done.

View attachment 23140

View attachment 23141

View attachment 23142

View attachment 23143

View attachment 23144

View attachment 23145

View attachment 23146

View attachment 23147

Do you have to do the cutting or can you buy the correct piece to fit from VW?

cheers looks like a nice mod to do with the vanx glove box lid
Well just picked up air vents , head unit surround,and clock surround a year after fitting glove box and center console. It only took a hour to fit a little trimming involved but I picked up a old post from a member that when’re through it in detail and also pics. It helps a lot being a member as the information you get is second to non. Thank you all

ED5B1EB8-9FC7-42FC-8D83-A6176D09B4D8.jpeg

AC096037-71E0-47CB-B3B9-35FF815E90E3.jpeg

9BAB8B27-1644-4958-AF48-05A2E74419EE.jpeg

9A857E5A-D925-45FB-A3C8-E5BBE42D17A1.jpeg

658604C7-A1F9-461F-B961-375DA7CA13D9.jpeg

And This version with the VanX glove box (not OEM). Vino chillin’ !

48F32763-7B41-4558-9448-52AE67364705.jpeg

the van x one looks good....but is there any more room inside? I gotta get me a centre console drinks cooler set up! Save me going back through the thread....how much to buy all the bits to diy it and for it to be fully functional? I think it might just be within my limited capabilities?! :thumbsup:

the van x one looks good....but is there any more room inside? I gotta get me a centre console drinks cooler set up! Save me going back through the thread....how much to buy all the bits to diy it and for it to be fully functional? I think it might just be within my limited capabilities?! :thumbsup:
The I spent about 1k on the center console, glove box with USB port, end air vents, head unit surround, clock surround all gloss. That’s all vw parts. The glove box Is the hardest part to fit. The van x one wasn’t out when I got mine so I haven’t seen it.

Are they can x air vents and center surround with the flow controls on? Or genuine ones. It’s just I thought that the van x ones didn’t have the flow controls on them.

Genuine vents with the VanX box, you are right the VanX vents don't have the flow control :thumbsup:

The van-x glove box isn’t hard to fit, I did mine in about 40 mins, now I know how to do one it would only my take me about 20mins,
Give me a shout if you need some help.

4CE7433F-BAAD-4D23-8AB0-2BD97813BC2D.jpeg

DA686681-DB6C-4BBA-A4D3-85AA3ECAF1BD.jpeg

E04FFF18-F8E6-4957-BDF1-DC46EB719CCC.jpeg

13421CEA-B8EE-4C92-AF5B-4FECAE4AEE62.jpeg

The van-x glove box isn’t hard to fit, I did mine in about 40 mins, now I know how to do one it would only my take me about 20mins,
Give me a shout if you need some help.

View attachment 23445

View attachment 23446

View attachment 23447

View attachment 23448
It’s probably be the way I eould go as it’s a very tricky job and if it all goes wrong you could be looking at a new dash. I do like having the controls on the air vents but still can’t believe how they aren’t standard.

No they just do the gloss upper glovebox add on with gloss air vents
The centre console is genuine VW parts

Back