@volkscraft how much did it cost you in parts? And more to the point how much are you going to charge to help us non comfort dash people out, gutted it wasn't an option when I ordered

A rough adding up of parts comes to £3300 + Vat at retail, but that includes caravelle exec door cards at £260+ Vat each, the USB distributor and cabling approx £200+ vat, all of the softlighting bits Approx £100-£150+ Vat, bottle and glovebox cooling pipes etc approx £50+ vat.
I'd need to do another one to work out a definite labour time but would guess max 10 hours. Approx £500 + vat.
I believe Vanworx have done more than one now. I'm not sure what they are charging?

Have you got the part numbers for the Caravelle door cards please? Is it easy enough to do?

Looks so good but so expensive, I think the wife would kill me if I spent that... are you volkscraft in Exeter? She's from Exeter so always down visiting the family do you think she'd notice the completely changed interior on the drive back to Wales?

@mhill The door cards are 7E5 867 023D JWE and 7E5 867 024D JWE. They are titanium black Caravelle executive with black leather. You also need the trims in your choice of colours. I've gone for 'Structural' which is like a textured aluminium finish. Which is 7E5 867 409A TA8 and 7E5 867 410A TA8.
The last three numbers before the colour code on VAG numbers signify the side. Odd numbers are left '023 is L, 024 is R etc....Budget £350 + Vat per door if you can get some discount from someone..... You'll also need the handle trims, rubber inserts and bracket for the mid range speaker if you're upgrading audio too.
Easy to fit, and won't interfere with your current set up, You might want new clips though.
Soflighting holes are present in the handle and above the lower storage pocket. These LED lights are additional. Approx £30 + Vat per side and will require ordering connector plugs to match.

@Smiffy Yes we're here, I have a feeling she would notice. It's well worth the earache though.

That's some brave and brilliant work!! I was lucky enough to get the comfort dash on my Kombi, but want to swap out the lower grey plastic for the darker caravelle plastic. Should it be a pretty straight forward swap?? Or are there any potential hidden issues I should be prepared for??

I'm also keen to swap out the door cards to the caravelle trims, but didn't realise there was an option for a 3 way speaker set-up.....Volkscraft would you mid showing or explaining what you mean by "handle trims, rubber inserts and bracket for the mid range speaker if you're upgrading audio too" please?

Thank you all for sharing your work!

Sorry for the delayed reply. I don't get much time to myself these days! The lower plastics are very easy to change. They come with sound deadening pads on them which the normal ones don't too!

Lower Glove box
1B49A460-F915-401D-93D2-4D5BEF2A2771_zpshtsgbchy.jpg

Drivers lower trim
10146319-DACF-44EE-BAB0-3AA0D9955B47_zpsdgsxyoi4.jpg

The door cards have more perforated holes opened up and a 3 screw mounting (available separately) for a small 3 screw mounted mid range. The door cards have different shaped pull handles so you need the trims for that and the colour coded strip (Aluminium 'Structural' in my case)

Caravelle Exec door card fitted
9322F8F0-0DBA-4843-ACF4-7AEE8F329084_zps1x7utgyn.jpg

Std Door card
3DB861D6-C73F-4ED0-9343-E409E22C49B0_zpsnqxz9fmd.jpg

Comparison
92D31879-671F-4CEF-9425-F8FE68E65BEF_zpsfdgsihs7.jpg

Speaker bracket that locates on the upper speaker hole on the door card with 3 self tapping screws.
5241736D-E40C-4AD9-8ADD-E0C003791A03_zpswfjeahio.jpg

Sorry for the delayed reply. I don't get much time to myself these days! The lower plastics are very easy to change. They come with sound deadening pads on them which the normal ones don't too!

Lower Glove box
1B49A460-F915-401D-93D2-4D5BEF2A2771_zpshtsgbchy.jpg

Drivers lower trim
10146319-DACF-44EE-BAB0-3AA0D9955B47_zpsdgsxyoi4.jpg

The door cards have more perforated holes opened up and a 3 screw mounting (available separately) for a small 3 screw mounted mid range. The door cards have different shaped pull handles so you need the trims for that and the colour coded strip (Aluminium 'Structural' in my case)

Caravelle Exec door card fitted
9322F8F0-0DBA-4843-ACF4-7AEE8F329084_zps1x7utgyn.jpg

Std Door card
3DB861D6-C73F-4ED0-9343-E409E22C49B0_zpsnqxz9fmd.jpg

Comparison
92D31879-671F-4CEF-9425-F8FE68E65BEF_zpsfdgsihs7.jpg

Speaker bracket that locates on the upper speaker hole on the door card with 3 self tapping screws.
5241736D-E40C-4AD9-8ADD-E0C003791A03_zpswfjeahio.jpg
Did the door cards come with the lighting as Exec has lights in the door pulls dunno if anyone has upgraded them yet?

No, you need to buy those separately. The holes are there though and discreet enough if you didn't want to bother. I've got the lights in but wanted to spend more time making a factory looking loom for them than I had yesterday when I fitted them. Approx £50 per door from memory

Edit: Also something to note is the clips for the coloured trims don't come with the door cards. You'll need to buy those nasty buggers separately. 3B0 867 190. They are of the kind that are tougher than the trim in most cases. Plan to only fit them once!

Last edited:
Oh there was also a sound pad on the original Kombi drivers door card that wasn't present on the other side or the Caravelle ones. I'm investigating more tomorrow as I like the factory insulation, it's neat and removes the required unpleasant frequencies pictured below.

1848552A-08A9-4ECF-9ECF-BDDC43C127AE_zpst4wx5ogo.jpg

Has anyone found an aftermarket solution for the dash switches? (Same as the hazard and auto-off)

I'm looking to get an OEM look for a few LED light bars fitted to the front.

It's tricky as only buttons available are as fitted but switches are momentary so can't feed equip direct but only used to trigger a latching relay

Pauly, cheers for the info.

I had a feeling they would be attached to relay's. I'm a sparkie, so no problems fiddling around.

Just finding it very hard to find the button/relay combo's. Any leads? Maybe a custom engraved/detailed switch blank to do the job of ID

Look at caravelle exec pics and you will see the button options mostly heating and 4x4 symbols

Back