This is my unladen kombi with -40mm H&R springs and Koni Active Dampers. (fitted by CRS).
View attachment 74088
This looks fab! Sits perfect in my eyes. Well done @CRS Performance ;)
Presume the ride quality is night and day? Were you on a complete stock set up before? My main criteria with new suspension is a more comfortable ride - would you say this set up would fulfil that? Lots of people are recommending Bilsteins but I feel they're a bit OTT for me perhaps???
Do you know if these wheels come in 18" - they look great too

there are two types of koni shocks and dampers which ones are the best, the Koni Active non adjustable Damping or the special Koni adjustable damping, whats the pros cons to them
The Adjustable KONI shocks can be pre adjusted before fitment and they work on standard height to 60 mm Drops . The Special Active adjusts it self as it senses the surface of the road . It senses this by the frequency of the shock absorber shaft ( bumpy surface = hi frequency ) it needs travel to work so we don't like fitting in cars that are lowered too much . 40 mm Max

This looks fab! Sits perfect in my eyes. Well done @CRS Performance ;)
Presume the ride quality is night and day? Were you on a complete stock set up before? My main criteria with new suspension is a more comfortable ride - would you say this set up would fulfil that? Lots of people are recommending Bilsteins but I feel they're a bit OTT for me perhaps???
Do you know if these wheels come in 18" - they look great too
Bilstein B14 isn't OTT but in my humble opinion they just aren't the correct Technology for leisure vehicles , The use of a MONOTUBE Hi pressure gas shocks in these vehicles isn't ideal ( the hi pressure gas makes the ride firm to hard particularly at lower levels , This is probably why they have now launched a COMFORT B 14 ?? i have no idea if that is using a Bilstein B 4 cheaper shock or just revalved MONO tube shock , If any one has seen them are they Yellow or Black ?? usually that is the colour scheme for them B8 B6 are yellow B 4 is black .

I see.. so for a 40mm drop with 20" wheels i would be ok with active dampers or would you recommend the sport shocks.

Bilstein B14 isn't OTT but in my humble opinion they just aren't the correct Technology for leisure vehicles , The use of a MONOTUBE Hi pressure gas shocks in these vehicles isn't ideal ( the hi pressure gas makes the ride firm to hard particularly at lower levels , This is probably why they have now launched a COMFORT B 14 ?? i have no idea if that is using a Bilstein B 4 cheaper shock or just revalved MONO tube shock , If any one has seen them are they Yellow or Black ?? usually that is the colour scheme for them B8 B6 are yellow B 4 is black .
Thanks Steve. DO you do alignment after fitting as well? TIA

Because of the wheels i would strongly recommend the Sport because i can tune the valves to suit the increased un sprung weight . Definitely

Thanks Steve. DO you do alignment after fitting as well? TIA
At 40 mm there is no need unless you already sense there is a problem 40 mm will not change the wheel alignment at all .
If you want to check it there is a company next door who we can pop in to and get it checked ?

At 40 mm there is no need unless you already sense there is a problem 40 mm will not change the wheel alignment at all .
If you want to check it there is a company next door who we can pop in to and get it checked ?
Thanks. I have ACC and levelling lights etc. Does that make a difference? How much would the alignment cost please - roughly?

I think it was £50.00 last time we went to them . ACC and lights wont be affected as long as the rake is maintained . I we lowering it as well ? or is it lowered already

I think it was £50.00 last time we went to them . ACC and lights wont be affected as long as the rake is maintained . I we lowering it as well ? or is it lowered already
Thanks. You would do it all please :)
We spoke a few weeks back but after our chat I had a nightmare with my van. I've since got a new one which should arrive this week...

The Adjustable KONI shocks can be pre adjusted before fitment and they work on standard height to 60 mm Drops . The Special Active adjusts it self as it senses the surface of the road . It senses this by the frequency of the shock absorber shaft ( bumpy surface = hi frequency ) it needs travel to work so we don't like fitting in cars that are lowered too much . 40 mm Max

which shocks did you send me ? @CRS Performance

mines all booked in for Friday to be fitted . If my mechanic runs into any problems is it ok to get him to phone to run through it ? Thanks again :)

which shocks did you send me ? @CRS Performance

mines all booked in for Friday to be fitted . If my mechanic runs into any problems is it ok to get him to phone to run through it ? Thanks again :)
Speaking from experience, make sure the garage use the new top nuts supplied with the shocks, as the original nuts will produce a knocking noise :thumbsup: I'm sure you’ll be very impressed with the KONI shocks.

Speaking from experience, make sure the garage use the new top nuts supplied with the shocks, as the original nuts will produce a knocking noise :thumbsup: I'm sure you’ll be very impressed with the KONI shocks.

yes Steve said that to me when ordering them :)

yeah can’t wait to get them on ... should sit better compared to the vw / eibachs springs on it at the moment as well .

The Komfort B14s are black Steve, and £1800 retail! :slow rofl:

Last edited:
Dual shock apparently
Dual tube? So are the Chili Jam coil (sleeve) overs Projekt dual something or other, so are the H&R Koni Proper coil overs from Steve, as are others on the market from Bognor, but none of them are even close to £1800. I couldn’t believe it when I saw the price!

Back