Autowatch Ghost immobiliser

Just back from Wakefield
RAM electronics..... long day mooching around a wet Wakefield but feels good now
having had Ghost fitted and took up the offer of a free tracker.
Will need to get my head around the reset button and service mode but need a quiet moment!
£399 for Ghost. Offer of the free tracker gratefully accepted but had to pay £50 for
the fitting. Happy to do so. Global telemetrics is tracker company and need to activate through them.
Accompanied by chief accounts manager who expressed satisfaction of safety procedures!!
Just need to sort easy to remember code and remember to tell my sons when they use van!!

I wasn't aware of the 4 or 5 button limitation - guess I have just been lucky with my choice of buttons (I've written to Autowatch to confirm which buttons)?? Even so, with the code being a sequence of between 4 and 20 buttons the possible combinations is massive - using a sequence of just 5 buttons would still give over 3000 possible codes.

PS. Your picture sent me into a bit of panic looking for my card - went through all of my vans documents and various other locations around the house several times before I realised I'd buried it in my wallet - doh!!!

Just got this from my local installer,

quoted £399 fully installed. (up to 1-2hrs install time and get hidden in a loom)

he said that the units are coded for the specific vehicle. (downloaded from AW to the AWG by the installer for the correct CAN protocols etc)

VW T5 MY2011-2015
VW T6 MY2015 -->

Looking good, think ill get one fitted.

NEW! Autowatch Ghost CANbus Immobiliser

Image (54).jpg Image (55).jpg

I've had Ghost installed this morning on my bus by https://www.advanced-incar.co.uk/

Slightly disappointed that you can only use 4 or 5 buttons to enter the immobiliser sequence, I thought I read you could pick any button at all on the wheel or dash.

I haven't enabled the Bluetooth feature, seems a backwards step to me.

View media item 1415

As @Davenjo says.......different fitters will choose different buttons for your use.
4 to 20 numbers..... just need to remember which ones!!

As @Davenjo says.......different fitters will choose different buttons for your use.
4 to 20 numbers..... just need to remember which ones!!

It's not down to the fitters its what the ghost sees, most of the buttons on my wheel didn't work my installer tried them all, he said it's down to the canbus and software on the vehicle

It's not down to the fitters its what the ghost sees, most of the buttons on my wheel didn't work my installer tried them all, he said it's down to the canbus and software on the vehicle

That's what my guys said, you could use the volume buttons but he advised against that as obviously it alters the radio volume too.

I played/play a lot of classic arcade games (hence the forum name) and I was desperate to use UU DD LL RR (some of you may remember that classic button config) as my starting combination, alas it wasn't to be. :(

That's what my guys said, you could use the volume buttons but he advised against that as obviously it alters the radio volume too.

I played/play a lot of classic arcade games (hence the forum name) and I was desperate to use UU DD LL RR (some of you may remember that classic button config) as my starting combination, alas it wasn't to be. :(

Love it! I have a surface pro in the van with mame on that doubles up as a tv n movie player

20180114_100434.jpg

Brilliant, I've got RetroPie ready to go in my van, kids are never to young to start playing games :)

As an aside, I've forgotten to input the Ghost code every single time so far today, what a plonker. :D

I wasn't aware of the 4 or 5 button limitation - guess I have just been lucky with my choice of buttons (I've written to Autowatch to confirm which buttons)?? Even so, with the code being a sequence of between 4 and 20 buttons the possible combinations is massive - using a sequence of just 5 buttons would still give over 3000 possible codes.

PS. Your picture sent me into a bit of panic looking for my card - went through all of my vans documents and various other locations around the house several times before I realised I'd buried it in my wallet - doh!!!
Autowatch have responded to my query and apparently (describing the T6 as a bit of an oddball in this respect) there is no set pattern as to which buttons will work on our vans, i.e. what works on one may not work on another - guessing this may be down to model variants and spec??

I now know how to readily test which buttons work and have found 8 buttons/actions I can use in my codes (more than enough for me) so it was just a coincidence that the buttons I have used so far fell into this set.

So the next question is:
Do you put the two stickers you get on the window in an attempt to prevent a break in but at the same time allowing the clever criminals to come prepared or to you leave them off?

Back