Autowatch Ghost immobiliser

After a busy summer and now back on the ground, my ghost is being fitted Wednesday.

Awsome news @Loz, remember to make a note of the button you program for "service mode" which I didn't ...... it makes servicing easier not Having To be called into the service bay by a vw tech to get the van started.!

Awsome news @Loz, remember to make a note of the button you program for "service mode" which I didn't ...... it makes servicing easier not Having To be called into the service bay by a vw tech to get the van started.!
They are meant to write it in the manual - mine didn’t though! It will either be light touch of accelerator or OK button on steering wheel. Service indicator will be the ABS lamp. Tried my service mode in anger for the first time this week and it worked fine.

I’m still debating about getting one of these... does anyone find having to do the sequence to start the vehicle annoying?

I’m still debating about getting one of these... does anyone find having to do the sequence to start the vehicle annoying?
Nope - it just becomes second nature - usually I get my code in before the dial sweep is completed. Forgot a couple of times in the early days but had for 2 years now and never forget.

I’d be interested if the phone app could use Fingerprint/Face ID to securely start the van. The way it currently works with the app on proximity is just going to result in both the van and phone getting nicked!

I’d be interested if the phone app could use Fingerprint/Face ID to securely start the van. The way it currently works with the app on proximity is just going to result in both the van and phone getting nicked!
Totally agree which I why I don’t use the app.

No Way..... it's second nature..... I'm even a bit too quick on the buttons sometimes.

It's an awsome immobilizer.. it's had the VW techs stumped lol..... I does flag a immobilizer fault code in the ECM every time you forget to put the code in......
But my local dealers are starting to get it sussed now.

For a laugh I asked the VW master tech to steal my van in under 15mins with the keys and all his tools and kit and I would give him £50...... happy to say I walked off site with the cash still my pocket........it had him totaly stummped.

I dont use any of that . . . . . Buttons only for me.

Which is why your van prompts you to remember your phone!

More seriously though, the app has to be open and it has to be 'online' for it to remove the immobiliser. I Just take it 'offline' as soon as the Service indicator (ABS lamp) flashes twice, and before even starting the engine.

I also find that if I leave the app 'online' I can get interference, whereby after a varying period of time the Service indicator (ABS lamp) starts flashing and the van tells me 'Front assist is not available'. So l have to take the app 'offline' in any case. Does anyone else experience this interference?

Had it fitted to our Motorhome for 5 months now; its brilliant. We will get it fitted to the T6 soon.
I would use the phone app, if you had to use the pin/face recognition/finger print to enable starting; but the concept of the ghost watch app always running in the background needs re-thinking.

My guys wouldn't endorse the app at all, it's not enabled.

As above, the code is 2nd nature, I change mine every now and again because I don't use the valet mode and sometimes people need to move the bus etc.

Actually, looking at reviews of the app, they’re pretty bad - plenty of connection issues.

It looks like the app aspect of the system is a bit of an afterthought.

I personally like the concept of not having to press the same buttons every time I start the van. But I do agree that the app needs more work. And I haven’t tried it with iOS 12 yet!

I personally like the concept of not having to press the same buttons every time I start the van. But I do agree that the app needs more work. And I haven’t tried it with iOS 12 yet!
Good luck with that - iOS 12 has screwed up WiFi to my dash cam and Bluetooth to my phones in my car grrrrr!!

Back