Autowatch Ghost immobiliser

“G”-day today, I’ll let you know how it goes.
I guarantee that one day over the next couple of weeks you will forget it is there and try to start without the code :)

The thing that used to catch me out was stop-start: if it engages and you take your seatbelt off or open your door the T6 will force you to do a manual restart (presumably for safety to stop the engine restarting without you at the controls) meaning you have to renter the Ghost code - happened to me a couple of times whilst queuing to refuel - doh!

I guarantee that one day over the next couple of weeks you will forget it is there and try to start without the code :)

The thing that used to catch me out was stop-start: if it engages and you take your seatbelt off or open your door the T6 will force you to do a manual restart (presumably for safety to stop the engine restarting without you at the controls) meaning you have to renter the Ghost code - happened to me a couple of times whilst queuing to refuel - doh!
It is possible to use the start stop button in the ghost sequence to ensure it is always off.;)

It is possible to use the start stop button in the ghost sequence to ensure it is always off.;)
Yep, but I like to keep stop start on so would need to have at least 2 pushes of it in the sequence :) Since I realised that it was the stop-start and seatbelts/doors that was causing the "manual restart required" issue it has not caught me out.

Got this on my BMW that I will swap over to my T6 next year when I sell the BMW. Just hope my van doesn't get nicked between now and then. Great bit of kit, soon get use to putting in the code.

Anyone recommend a trusted fitter in central Scotland?

Looking at getting one fitted as well, so let me know if you find out anything.
Not a recommendation but is looks like Falkland Performance Centre in Glenrothes fit ghosts.
I've only ever used FPC once when I got a scorpion exhaust fitted to a BMW in the early noughties! From memory there were no issues with them.

Looking at getting one fitted as well, so let me know if you find out anything.
Not a recommendation but is looks like Falkland Performance Centre in Glenrothes fit ghosts.
I've only ever used FPC once when I got a scorpion exhaust fitted to a BMW in the early noughties! From memory there were no issues with them.

Ah yes. I used them also @Finn the T6 in the mid naughties to fit PI springs and uprated dampers on my MkII GTI. I'll look into this with them. Thanks for that.

I’ve got a edition, which is a high line with a few factory fit extras, what buttons would I be able to use? I’ve got a mfsw with cruise control but no acc and a manual gearbox.

I’ve got a edition, which is a high line with a few factory fit extras, what buttons would I be able to use? I’ve got a mfsw with cruise control but no acc and a manual gearbox.
You can use all tye cruise buttons and 2 or 3 dash buttons also a slight push of the throttle pedal on the t6 message me if you need qny more info

Hi all just had one fitted today after our t5 was stolen, key theft.
it's the first thing on to our new t6.
After entering the code and it's accepted I have to turn the ignition off then back on and start.
Is the ignition back off before the start normal?
That's the only faffy bit other than that a great bit of kit that would have saved our old t5 and alot of hours now needed to build the t6 to the same spec.
Cheers.

After entering the code and it's accepted I have to turn the ignition off then back on and start.
That's the only faffy bit other than that a great bit of kit that would have saved our old t5 and alot of hours now needed to build the t6 to the same spec.
Cheers.
I enter the code and then turn the key the final click.
What happens if you don't turn it off again before starting? Seems a bit weird to me but I'm no expert.

Cheers.
I get that if I have tried to start it without the code first but normal procedure is turn ignition on, enter code then start.

I enter the code and then turn the key the final click.
What happens if you don't turn it off again before starting? Seems a bit weird to me but I'm no
I get that if I have tried to start it without the code first but normal procedure is turn ignition on, enter code then start.

It seems it may be because he was showing me it failing to start before hand.
It seems to function normally or how I expected now.
Hopefully it will save the van should the worse happen, wish I had it on the t5 it would probably still be here so well worth the money.

Cheers

Just had it fitted in Leeds area, worth every penny for the peace of mind imo...didn't bother with the app nonsense.

Reactions: Loz
Back