I’ve got to say the Cargo Vectors are an excellent tyre, last really well and perform in all conditions. I’ve used them in anger in the Alpes with no problems.
They are our tyre of choose for our hire vehicles going to the snow.
Can’t comment on the other two I’m afraid, as haven’t used them personally, but heard good reports.

I think, when reading people’s experience with a particular type of tyre, it’s important to know whether they’re 2 or 4 wheel drive as the latter will have quite a bit more leeway with a marginal tyre. When you’re depending on your front tyres for all your grip the results may differ.

can you elaborate on this please? how do you adjust calculation?
THis does depend on the size of tyre as you could quite easily have the same rolling circumfrence with a smaller wheel and bigger tyre. If you don't your speedo would be out. You fitter should be able to advise on this.

I just want a set of 17” tyres for my Devonports that will let me drive on wet grass. Surely, that can’t be too much to ask? Oh and if that had the ‘snow symbol’ to let me be legal in France in winter that would be nice as well.

I just want a set of 17” tyres for my Devonports that will let me drive on wet grass. Surely, that can’t be too much to ask? Oh and if that had the ‘snow symbol’ to let me be legal in France in winter that would be nice as well.
Good on wet grass (in my experience) with snowflake symbol. Load rated for T32. Several other 17 inch sizes available.

The standard Good Year Cargo Vectors, good on grass, mud and M+S rated, over 40K miles on the front, excellent tyres.

Interesting
Are you mostly in the UK?
Do you run them all year round?
I don’t normally run them all year. I managed to get a good deal originally so I brought 6. I’m going to try and run them till they die. UK and France. Typically I put them on and we have a mini heat wave.

I don’t normally run them all year. I managed to get a good deal originally so I brought 6. I’m going to try and run them till they die. UK and France. Typically I put them on and we have a mini heat wave.
Can you put them on this Friday :fast rofl:

This morning Ocado dropped some groceries off, the merc sprinter pulled up, and I noticed he had a brand new set of Bridgestone Blizzak full winters on;
Apparently all the Ocado Merc vans running out of Sheffield have them on from brand new, they remove the OEM tyres from day 1, and run the Blizzaks all year round.
Not sure if its Ocado policy UK wide?, I was just surprised they didn't run an All-Season tyre?, I guess they want absolute maximum winter traction, I suppose a rear-wheel drive sprinter with a zero load could, be a handful on Snake pass for up to 6 months of the year in an exceptional season.

Trade secret!! Just kidding!

I ran a line of clear silicone around the back edge and set them when they we're flat and off the van. I haven't lost any. the silicone just rubs off the wheel when the lads took the spinners out for tyre change and you just clean them out and go again to re fit. You can use that silicone dissolver if it gets bad.. but they have been fine.

I've just ordered another set of spinners from VW to set into the Steel hub caps.. at least this time I can drill the right sized hole myself

Trade secret!! Just kidding!

I ran a line of clear silicone around the back edge and set them when they we're flat and off the van. I haven't lost any. the silicone just rubs off the wheel when the lads took the spinners out for tyre change and you just clean them out and go again to re fit. You can use that silicone dissolver if it gets bad.. but they have been fine.

I've just ordered another set of spinners from VW to set into the Steel hub caps.. at least this time I can drill the right sized hole myself
Nice one Jay I’ll definitely give it a go thanks for sharing mate

This morning Ocado dropped some groceries off, the merc sprinter pulled up, and I noticed he had a brand new set of Bridgestone Blizzak full winters on;
Apparently all the Ocado Merc vans running out of Sheffield have them on from brand new, they remove the OEM tyres from day 1, and run the Blizzaks all year round.
Not sure if its Ocado policy UK wide?, I was just surprised they didn't run an All-Season tyre?, I guess they want absolute maximum winter traction, I suppose a rear-wheel drive sprinter with a zero load could, be a handful on Snake pass for up to 6 months of the year in an exceptional season.

I've tried quite some tires in my life but the Bridgestone LM Blizzak are really great during winter. During summer they're just no good so to me it doesn't make sense they run all year round ??

Back