I've tried quite some tires in my life but the Bridgestone LM Blizzak are really great during winter. During summer they're just no good so to me it doesn't make sense they run all year round ??
I know, I'm guessing Ocado have at some time had a bad crash in the ice/snow in an upland area when there was ice/snow either early or late in the season when they were running summer tyres, or that have missed thousands of deliveries during a harsh spell
The incident report blamed switching tyres either too late in autumn; or too early in spring...............or all the KPI where missed and bonuses were cut
and the Senior management response, was "Thats not happening again", just run winters all year, in the scheme of things is not that much money.
I may have a vivid imaginationo_O:eek:, but I've worked for large companies that make similar types of decissions.

For me its the Nokian weatherproofs brilliant in snow, last 40K+ miles, etc etc. But the best thing is the sizing.... they are available in 235/60/17 and this slight oversizing looks so much better imo, as the arches are filled a little more.
Having said that we run Mich Agilis XClimate on some of our vans, and they are brilliant tyres, just limited sizings.

Sitting lovely! I think I will try and source some 235/55/R18 Nokians. My van is dropped on the 30mm Sportline springs.

25mm Spacers all round? Definitely on the rear. Would I get away with 15mm on front do you think?

Finally, in 2021. Where is best place to get some Nokians in UK? If anyone has any sites that would be great!

Thanks

Stevie
VW Amarok 18" re-finished in "Warm Smoked Chrome"

View attachment 52386

Sitting lovely! I think I will try and source some 235/55/R18 Nokians. My van is dropped on the 30mm Sportline springs.

25mm Spacers all round? Definitely on the rear. Would I get away with 15mm on front do you think?

Finally, in 2021. Where is best place to get some Nokians in UK? If anyone has any sites that would be great!

Thanks

Stevie
Exactly the tyres I fitted two years and about 25K miles ago, I'm very pleased with them and I will get another year out of them before I change them at 2mm tread. But right now I can't find them in stock anywhere so I hope they're available next summer. Great tyres on and off road, in my experience.

Edit:
Just found these on fleabay, bloody expensive way to get them though!

Exactly the tyres I fitted two years and about 25K miles ago, I'm very pleased with them and I will get another year out of them before I change them at 2mm tread. But right now I can't find them in stock anywhere so I hope they're available next summer. Great tyres on and off road, in my experience.

Edit:
Just found these on fleabay, bloody expensive way to get them though!

Yeah, I cant find any in UK at a normal price haha. Every time I finally decide on something, they are like gold dust :p

Ok what will the second place tyre be? Michelin CC SUV?

Yeah, I cant find any in UK at a normal price haha. Every time I finally decide on something, they are like gold dust :p

Vredestein Quatrac Pro. Actually they would be first choice for me.

Vredestein Quatrac Pro. Actually they would be first choice for me.

We’ve got Quatrac 5 SUV tyres on our car and they’ve been great. I’m confused by those Quatrac Pro that seemed to have replaced them, they look more car focussed? Are they still M&S marked?

We’ve got CC SUV on our T6 and they’ve been good although we haven’t had them in particularly testing conditions yet.

The option VW use as their all-season option, the Goodyear Cargo Vectors seem to have a great reputation too.

We’ve got Quatrac 5 SUV tyres on our car and they’ve been great. I’m confused by those Quatrac Pro that seemed to have replaced them, they look more car focussed? Are they still M&S marked?
Yes the pros are M&S marked, the Pro is an upgraded Quatrac 5 for the larger sizes and rebranded as the Pro that's all.

I am trying to find an all season 275/35/20 tyre to fit a 9J wheel.

Am I searching for Unicorn poo?

I am trying to find an all season 275/35/20 tyre to fit a 9J wheel.

Am I searching for Unicorn poo?

I doubt you will find an all season in a 35 profile mate.

Why 275s? Can you not drop the widths and up the profile to 40s, giving you a bit more choice.

I doubt you will find an all season in a 35 profile mate.

Why 275s? Can you not drop the widths and up the profile to 40s, giving you a bit more choice.
Thanks, yes I could but I thought 275/35 was the right choice.

What would you suggest?

Thanks, yes I could but I thought 275/35 was the right choice.

What would you suggest?

Whack in some choices in the tyre size calculator and see which is closest, then narrow that down to load rating.

I'd of started with 255/40s personally.

275s are a popular choice on the rear of the Transporter as you know, but you only have to get the offset wrong, or the lowering wrong by a fraction and they catch.

Whack in some choices in the tyre size calculator and see which is closest, then narrow that down to load rating.

I'd of started with 255/40s personally.

275s are a popular choice on the rear of the Transporter as you know, but you only have to get the offset wrong, or the lowering wrong by a fraction and they catch.
Thanks the wheels im looking at are transporter specific and they recommended the 275/35 tyre.

Thanks the wheels im looking at are transporter specific and they recommended the 275/35 tyre.

They always recommend 275s but we both know that's just a generic aftermarket size for a Transporter rear wheel, then we see thread after thread about 275s rubbing.

Back