Hi, I've got a T6 T32 4motion, with 215 Devonport wheels, I currently run Nokian Weatherproof 235/60 R17 106V's but they need replacing now (35,000 miles pretty good imo). However, I'm struggling to find replacement Nokian's, and I'd like to keep the wheels. I've heard a lot about MCC's and MCC2's, but seem to be struggling in my size...any advice please? and suppliers with stock?

I've had Goodyear Vector 4seasons gen2 in 235 55 17 103 on Devonports for the last year, can't fault them in any and all weather conditions especially pleased with them in the snow. I'll be replacing with the same as and when needed.

I’ve got Goodyear winter tyres on my Devonports, Ultragrip cargo I think. I‘ve been very impressed with Goodyear Ultragrip on cars in the past (when living in Munich), but I have to say that the snow grip of these on the van is not as good as I hoped. I certainly won’t be driving to the Alps without snow chains.

As a former devout fan of Nokian, I would look elsewhere. The older flavours, like the weatherproof and WR-A4, have been phased out and been “updated” by lesser variants, whereas the other manufacturers have massively upped their game in the all season (and snow) market.

I’m going with MCC2’s to replace the weather proofs on my skoda and getting them fitted next week

Looks like they aren’t available in your desired size, with the closest being 235/55/17. Or they have MCC suv in your size but I don’t think that’s been updated yet

Last edited:
I have exactly the same issue, the 235/60 17 weather Proof are no longer available, thinking of going back to 235/55 17 and using the MCC2.

I have exactly the same issue, the 235/60 17 weather Proof are no longer available, thinking of going back to 235/55 17 and using the MCC2.
234/55 17 is ideal size - Speedo and gearbox happy too!

I have just had fitted the MCC SUV XL's in 235/60 17 106V. I couldn't source the MCC2's, apparently they are not available in the UK yet, but I needed replacements now. Ok, the MCC in this size is not technically a van tyre, but the load rating is 950kg and even though my T32 4motion has a payload of 1,043kg, I am rarely going to be carrying a loads near to a ton, so I was comfortable with 950kg. The reviews I read were positive and other options in this size had a lower load rating (102 for Vector 3's, 850kg), which I did not want to go down that low. On the drive home from the garage, the ride was quieter and softer than my old Nokian Weatherproofs, but the tread depth is less I would say. We'll have to see how they wear and what mileage they do. Overall, I'm pleased with them, the major benefit being the tread design splaying out from the centre and lack of parallel grooves in the tread which I'm sure will aid grip in snow/mud. Price was reasonable through Blackcircles (£575 for 4 fitted), particularly when compared with a van load rated all season tyre like Goodyer Vector 4seasons Cargo 235/60 17 117/115, which were £45 per tyre more expensive, with the only benefit being the extra load capability (about 1,250kg). Personally, I preferred the tread on the MCC's too. I would have preferred the MCC2's, but maybe next time. Hope that helps!

I have just had fitted the MCC SUV XL's in 235/60 17 106V. I couldn't source the MCC2's, apparently they are not available in the UK yet, but I needed replacements now. Ok, the MCC in this size is not technically a van tyre, but the load rating is 950kg and even though my T32 4motion has a payload of 1,043kg, I am rarely going to be carrying a loads near to a ton, so I was comfortable with 950kg. The reviews I read were positive and other options in this size had a lower load rating (102 for Vector 3's, 850kg), which I did not want to go down that low. On the drive home from the garage, the ride was quieter and softer than my old Nokian Weatherproofs, but the tread depth is less I would say. We'll have to see how they wear and what mileage they do. Overall, I'm pleased with them, the major benefit being the tread design splaying out from the centre and lack of parallel grooves in the tread which I'm sure will aid grip in snow/mud. Price was reasonable through Blackcircles (£575 for 4 fitted), particularly when compared with a van load rated all season tyre like Goodyer Vector 4seasons Cargo 235/60 17 117/115, which were £45 per tyre more expensive, with the only benefit being the extra load capability (about 1,250kg). Personally, I preferred the tread on the MCC's too. I would have preferred the MCC2's, but maybe next time. Hope that helps!
Remember the 106 or 950kg rating is per tyre! So 3800kg in total, load the van up all you want you won't trouble the tyres.

What he said but also check your tyre pressures if you haven't already done so. Assuming the garage just guessed a figure the softer ride could be down to lower pressures.

Trying to find these somewhere 275/40 R20 All season Tyres with 3pmsf markings

Want a tyre all season tyre (not winter) which I can use all year round

Anyone got them fitted, struggling to find any in this sizing, beginning to think I might go the second set of wheels with winter tyres on route

They do exist, but not too plentiful in this country. You can find them on reifen.com but then you'd also need to pay VAT and import tax

Hi

I want to put All Season tyres on my MY20 VW T6.1 California which I assume is a T32.

What experiences have other T6 / T6.1 owners had with all seasons - and any recomnendations - cheers.

I'm on my second set of Goodyear vector 4season in 235 - 55 - 17, can't fault them.

Had Michelin crossclimate 2's on since September. Snow, rain, and standing water they've been faultless in. Yet to drive them in the couple of weeks of sun a year we get

Thought I’d try all seasons instead of switching winter/summer tyres and went for the Conti all seasons last oct, impressed so far especially with winter handling on untreated back roads, hopefully as good in the summer

Had Michelin Aglis Cross climate on our California for a year , 'stronger' sidewall i believe , no complaints on road noise .. plenty of choice out there !

Hi

I want to put All Season tyres on my MY20 VW T6.1 California which I assume is a T32.

What experiences have other T6 / T6.1 owners had with all seasons - and any recomnendations - cheers.
Bridgestone Weather Control A005 EVO are a pretty good all season tyre too, 3PMSF rated and 104 load rating in most sizes so good enough for a T32.
A lot depends on the size of tyre you need, I wanted the Agilis but they don't do it in 235/55/18 so you'll obviously need to look at what is actually available in the size you want.

Reactions: JOG
Back