AdBlue Discussion and Issues

I think it's like fuel economy/range remaining
Hammer the van for a bit around town and your remaining fuel range will be low but if you then drive carefully on a motorway and improve economy the remaining fuel range will go up drastically, I assume it's the same for adblue ?

Driving style has a huge influence on these figures. We have two identical T6 150s at work, same age, same mileage different drivers. One has got through 22l in the same time as the other used 12. And no one hasn't got a leaking tank.

I've noticed a few petrol stations selling 10 & 5 liter conainers which differ in cost of 11 to 19 for 10 liters, anoy bought from them

Coming up to 2000 miles, Adblue is on 5000. I drive my van gently, weekend to Tenby and back, average on the screen was 46mpg (I know it's not wholly accurate)

I have the 204 engine, dsg, drive it fairly hard and get 3500 shown up on the dash on a full top up but it drops quickly

I managed 5500 miles on the first tank of Adblue before I could't take any more beeping!
Filled it with a 10L drum and have since covered another 2500 miles and it's still showing a remaining range of 4500 :thumbsup:

My 150 is just over at 8000 miles it came with 4500 miles of ad blue but I've had to fill it 2 maybe 3 times with the 10L Bottles..every now and again I put my foot down but for the most part not to heavy footed. Could I have a problem or is it maybe I've got my foot down a little more than I thought?

Bought my 150 combi new in March, with a full adblu tank and bugger all in the diesel tank. I was told by the dealer that when the adblu needs filling not to fill it to the very top because the level sensor can be fooled with no gap between the top of the fluid and the sensor, and it won't start. Anyone else been told this?. Only done 2.5k so far so haven't needed to fill up yet.

Bought my 150 combi new in March, with a full adblu tank and bugger all in the diesel tank. I was told by the dealer that when the adblu needs filling not to fill it to the very top because the level sensor can be fooled with no gap between the top of the fluid and the sensor, and it won't start. Anyone else been told this?. Only done 2.5k so far so haven't needed to fill up yet.
This has been discussed before, my understanding of the problem is if you overfill it you put adblue into the filler neck which is above the top level the tank sensor can see, when you start driving the engine thinks its using adblue (it is) but the level sensor never registers a drop in capacity as you are using the overfill and it can get upset and throw a (false) error

Just filled up my adblue tank (1200 mile warning) at our nearest station, M1 services, cost 69p per litre

I've got adblue with my t28 bluemotion 102. Had to top up before big holiday trip. Range went up to 5500. After 1500 miles of towing and 500miles of normal driving and range dropped to 1400 and had to top up again. So in my layman understanding, driving style and how hard the van has to work the quicker you get through the adblue. Have used pumps as I worry about spilling.

I've just completed 7500 miles in my van and now my adblue warning is saying 600 miles left. That equates to 8000 miles before needing refill. Would it have anything to do with the fact that 90% of my mileage is on motorways?

I've done just over 5500 miles from new now. I don't know how much Adblue was in in when it was delivered (can't imagine they'd fill it) but I've got 550 miles left now and it's positively screaming at me at every opportunity :laugh:

Back