AdBlue Discussion and Issues

That'll be why they gave me dirty looks when I popped in for a refill bottle.
Was that you on the A19 heading north from York the other day ?

That'll be why they gave me dirty looks when I popped in for a refill bottle.
Was that you on the A19 heading north from York the other day ?
Hi Paul, it was, yet another firefighters funeral to attend, my suit and tie has had some use this year.
JCT have asked to service and MOT the van only 6 months too late, it seems their records are as good as the poor service and lies we have experienced.

Hi Paul, it was, yet another firefighters funeral to attend, my suit and tie has had some use this year.
JCT have asked to service and MOT the van only 6 months too late, it seems their records are as good as the poor service and lies we have experienced.
Is that JCT600 van centre in Sheffield?

I didn't know you could buy Adblue at the pump. I always buy a 10ltr container at my local motor factors shop.

Wow.....I'm shocked! I've had brilliant service from Clifton Moor........hmmmmm????? I popped into VW in Northallerton today. I jokingly said
"go on.......has it doubled in price again?"
He actually took me by surprise when he said......... "Yes! I'm embarrassed to sell you it......it's £53 for 10l!!"
Stunned, I said "I've always bought VW ad blu from day one but that's it.......VW are exploiting us all now. I'm off to Halfords!"
To his credit, he said "Don't blame you mate........it's ridiculous!"
Sorry to hear mention of a FF's funeral. N.Yorks or W.Yorks?

Wow.....I'm shocked! I've had brilliant service from Clifton Moor........hmmmmm????? I popped into VW in Northallerton today. I jokingly said
"go on.......has it doubled in price again?"
He actually took me by surprise when he said......... "Yes! I'm embarrassed to sell you it......it's £53 for 10l!!"
Stunned, I said "I've always bought VW ad blu from day one but that's it.......VW are exploiting us all now. I'm off to Halfords!"
To his credit, he said "Don't blame you mate........it's ridiculous!"
Sorry to hear mention of a FF's funeral. N.Yorks or W.Yorks?
YORK VW service is a sham, twice they have had my van to carry out work and service and both times they stated the AdBlue update was installed. Had the EML appear, and the VW assist tech stated the update needed to be installed.
Read into that what you will.
I was with Cleveland Brigade for 30 years good times but glad to be out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a shame to hear that........I've had good service. Things have recently changed though........and not for the better. Never heard of free ad blu fill ups!! I was 30 years West Yorks. Miss it but can do without the hassle of the "brave new world" of political correctness blah, blah, blah. I had a great time but it was time to eject (7.....jeeeez, no, nearly 8 years ago now.......scary!!) and I didn't want to become the moaning old fart on the shift!

It's a shame to hear that........I've had good service. Things have recently changed though........and not for the better. Never heard of free ad blu fill ups!! I was 30 years West Yorks. Miss it but can do without the hassle of the "brave new world" of political correctness blah, blah, blah. I had a great time but it was time to eject (7.....jeeeez, no, nearly 8 years ago now.......scary!!) and I didn't want to become the moaning old fart on the shift!
Free adblue after the update as use even more than before. Vw trying not to get caught for poor emissions again.
Been left 20 years now and had another career which I enjoyed just as much.

Afternoon everyone
I’ve recently purchased a 2017 T6 102 Bhp CXGB
I’ve had a couple of t5s so new to the adblue world
Since owning it’s never showed how much adblue I’ve got left (see picture)
I've filled the adblue up, read the codes on my snap on scanner and no fault codes
Dpf soot is around 24 grams and has recently done a regeneration according to history
I’ve tried ignition on trick, long road test but still it’s just showing dash dash dash

Any ideas?

see picture bellow

Thanks image.jpg

Hi everyone.

New to the forum, lots of great advice here it seems! I just bought a 2019 (2018 reg) T6 Caravelle and I love it!!

Yesterday I filled the adblue tank 8 litres, however the refill failed to register and I got the countdown clock of death! I went to VW in Nice (France), who tried to reset it, but couldn’t immediately find the solution and since they had to go on lunch break, told me they can take it in for repair in 3 weeks, when they have their next available appointment. I need to get back to Denmark this weekend and have 20kms left before the engine won’t start.

I am thinking of the following three options:

1) hope that the issue clears after driving another 200kms to where we’re staying tonight. My Passat always takes ages to update the adblue status after filling and I have seen posts on the forum that it can take incredibly long with the T6.

2) jump / bump start it downhill - can I do this in a T6 (it’s a manual).

3) call to get it towed, and hope my insurance can find me a one way rental that will fit dog and equipment in the next 24 hours.

Thanks for any input!!!

Back