AdBlue Discussion and Issues

Or could fill up when it says between 9.5 and 10.5l with a 10l bottle.
Too easy.
I have a couple of ad-blue containers that I take to the local Shell garage & fill up from the pump, costs about £6/fill. I bought one of the magnetic tank filler inserts that tricks the pump into operating.

Too easy.
I have a couple of ad-blue containers that I take to the local Shell garage & fill up from the pump, costs about £6/fill. I bought one of the magnetic tank filler inserts that tricks the pump into operating.
Never heard of that magnetic insert.

If you try to fill plastic drums from the pump, the pump doesn’t like it & keeps knocking off. Using one of these, spoofs the pump into thinking it’s filling a legit AdBlue tank.

Or could fill up when it says between 9.5 and 10.5l with a 10l bottle.
Yeah.. thats way too easy and would make perfect sense.. but the MFD doesn't mither me until it gets to that refill quantity in between 10 and 15.. I will keep searching for local adblue pump..

Does this help @mmi
Thank you - again! Realized that you actually already had provided full scan earlier - I should try to keep better track of things :rolleyes:

It bugs me that the display flashes up continuously with 600 miles left.. it asks you to fill with a minimum of 2.75 gallons and maximum of 3 gallons.. so thats roughly 12.5 litres to 13.5 litres..
So is the 600 miles left wrong? Certainly the "narrow range" for the fill is a bit strange. Does it then take 13 litres? Any fault codes?

Thank you - again! Realized that you actually already had provided full scan earlier - I should try to keep better track of things :rolleyes:

So is the 600 miles left wrong? Certainly the "narrow range" for the fill is a bit strange. Does it then take 13 litres? Any fault codes?
No problem @mmi..

If I let the 600 miles left alarm elapse then I calculate 5K miles from one full adblue tank... so probably about right...

However it would be handy to be able to configure the alarm trigger.. to say 800 miles or a nice round 10 litres.. but im guessing this is hard coded into the MFD firmware and they don't want to give you too much in the way of configuring the alarm trigger..

Reactions: mmi
Does anyone have the workshop manual section for the adblue tank removal and the reductant heater they'd like to share? :whistle:

Yes. I have OBD P20BD fault. Plus I note battery drain.

Would anyone know where I'd find relay J963? and is the wiring from the adblue tank external or is there some internal in the b-pillar? Thnx. The fuses are ok.

Thnx mmi. I couldn't find this relay pdf. Im deep into the other bits trying to locate the heater wire and where it connects as per Loz's comment to another thread and couldn't see the wood for the trees.

So driving up to Southport today the adblue went from 3000 mile range to 650 with the famous no start warning! Again! We carried on driving and about 15 miles later it went to 600 miles , then after about another 40 miles it reset to 3000miles and no warnings. We got to our site and I topped up with 5litres of adblue and now its reading 5000 miles. Hopefully it will be fine for the rest of our 3 week holiday!! This is the 4 or 5th time a similar thing has happened and the 2nd time it's cleared itself. What a rubbish system the only thing that spoils the t6 experience.

Back