AdBlue Discussion and Issues

So driving up to Southport today the adblue went from 3000 mile range to 650 with the famous no start warning! Again! We carried on driving and about 15 miles later it went to 600 miles , then after about another 40 miles it reset to 3000miles and no warnings. We got to our site and I topped up with 5litres of adblue and now its reading 5000 miles. Hopefully it will be fine for the rest of our 3 week holiday!! This is the 4 or 5th time a similar thing has happened and the 2nd time it's cleared itself. What a rubbish system the only thing that spoils the t6 experience.
Don't know if it's related but I suspect it is, we had the warning light come on related to egr flow had the aa/vw assist out and happily the guy seemed to know what he was talking about. Fault cleared egr cleaner squirted in seems OK now will see how it goes over the next 2 weeks or so. He suggested trying some egr cleaner additive for the fuel tank, has anyone tried it?

Did anybody find a resolution to adblue top up issues? my 2017 150 has gone to the flashing amber light on the adblue after a top up, VW told me the issue was solved last year when they did the update, however come to top up time and it’s decided it doesn’t like it. It has been checked on VCDS and no error codes present, the only issue was no SCR monitoring so we suspect it’s not registering the adblue level. Can the adblue level sensor only be reset on the VW OEM a tool or can it be done on VCDS please?

Try disconnecting the main battery for 1 minute and do a reset of the systems?
Turn on the ignition and wait for 1 minute...

checked on VCDS and no error codes present, the only issue was no SCR monitoring
What do you mean by "issue was no SCR monitoring"?
it’s not registering the adblue level.
Could you please read the following - VCDS - under Engine - Advanced Measurement Values
IDE03142 Remaining vehicle distance until reducing agent deficiency​
IDE10032 Reducing agent quality sensor: urea concentration​
IDE10039 Reducing agent quality sensor: validity​
IDE10247 Reducing agent tank volume: act. value calculated​
IDE10249 Reducing agent fill level sensor: act. value
was solved last year when they did the update,
Can the adblue level sensor only be reset on the VW OEM a tool or can it be done on VCDS
Please post VCDS Autoscan

I don’t have a copy of the scan to post as somebody else did it for me, there is no error codes and they where unable to read anything to do with the adblue sensor and level.
it has been checked today on the launch diagnostics and still no error codes.
i have a Carista and when I use the emissions test it stats NOX/ SCR monitoring not ready.

Reactions: mmi
Thanks. Indeed the software is the latest one.
In the VCDS there are a few functions to reset/adapt various related things however I find very strange if the earlier mentioned channels were not available.

Thanks. Indeed the software is the latest one.
In the VCDS there are a few functions to reset/adapt various related things however I find very strange if the earlier mentioned channels were not available.
Thanks for checking that for.
It’s strange we have no error codes, we suspect an issue with the adblue tank, I have purchased a spare tank which I am going to try and see if that solves my problem..
The van is booked in with VW on Thursday, maybe they will be able to tell me more

Update on my adblue problem.
Van went into VW in Hull and they did a full health check, no errors codes where found and they run an adblue test plan which included resetting the level sensor.
They recorded 12.5 litres in the tank and my display is now correct with 4500 miles until top up.

Don't know if it's related but I suspect it is, we had the warning light come on related to egr flow had the aa/vw assist out and happily the guy seemed to know what he was talking about. Fault cleared egr cleaner squirted in seems OK now will see how it goes over the next 2 weeks or so. He suggested trying some egr cleaner additive for the fuel tank, has anyone tried it?
So here we go again driving back from the Lakes on Friday via amongst others Skipton & Halifax et al all was well until about Oxford on the M40 when yet again the Adblue warning came on going from 4500 miles to 650 so thats twice in less than 3 weeks. I put OBD11 reader on today and got 4 fault codes come up all related to Adblue/EGR issues so into the VW garage tomorrow to see if they can sort it! Thank the lord for extended warranty . I am really getting teed off with this and regret not buying a Euro5 engined T6. its pathetic that a company like VW with their resouces can't come up with a permanent fix for this.Added to this the side door closure guide pin mechanism at the bottom of the door has disentegrated No more VW group products for me the next car at least will be a Korean at least they are reliable!

So here we go again driving back from the Lakes on Friday via amongst others Skipton & Halifax et al all was well until about Oxford on the M40 when yet again the Adblue warning came on going from 4500 miles to 650 so thats twice in less than 3 weeks. I put OBD11 reader on today and got 4 fault codes come up all related to Adblue/EGR issues so into the VW garage tomorrow to see if they can sort it! Thank the lord for extended warranty . I am really getting teed off with this and regret not buying a Euro5 engined T6. its pathetic that a company like VW with their resouces can't come up with a permanent fix for this.Added to this the side door closure guide pin mechanism at the bottom of the door has disentegrated No more VW group products for me the next car at least will be a Korean at least they are reliable!
I got a new Niro delivered last Dec and whilst the drivetrain has been perfect, the sat nav is consistently a few miles out from where it should be. It had me as 70 miles away the other day, and the telematics remote software is useless. Despite it being set to miles, it shows the range in KM, although the number in KM isn’t actually correct. It also always fails to lock/unlock with the phone.

Sometimes the speed limits on the screen are accurate, sometimes they’re missing sometimes they’re in KM/H and sometimes MPH.

Please post full OBD11 scan report.
Hi the scan report is as follows
Fault log report generated by Torque for Android
=================================================

Vehicle VIN:
Vehicle Manufacturer:
Vehicle Calibration ID:

Current Fault Log
------------------
ECU reports no current faults

Pending Fault Log
------------------
B2AAA: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web
P0401: Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Insufficient Detected
P204F: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web
P20EE: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web

Historic Fault Log
------------------
ECU reports no historic faults
Other discovered fault codes
(possibly pending, current or manufacturer specific)
----------------------------------------------------
ECU reports no other fault codes logged

End of report.

I not sure at all what this all means but went into the VW van centre today to book the van in they seem to think that an EGR flush will sort it but we will see next Wednesday (the earliest they could get me in!)

Hi the scan report is as follows
Fault log report generated by Torque for Android
=================================================

Vehicle VIN:
Vehicle Manufacturer:
Vehicle Calibration ID:

Current Fault Log
------------------
ECU reports no current faults

Pending Fault Log
------------------
B2AAA: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web
P0401: Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Insufficient Detected
P204F: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web
P20EE: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web

Historic Fault Log
------------------
ECU reports no historic faults
Other discovered fault codes
(possibly pending, current or manufacturer specific)
----------------------------------------------------
ECU reports no other fault codes logged

End of report.

I not sure at all what this all means but went into the VW van centre today to book the van in they seem to think that an EGR flush will sort it but we will see next Wednesday (the earliest they could get me in!)
Thanks.
I believe the B2AAA is just because of scanner's incompatibility.
P0401 indeed is EGR related.
P204F most likely is remnant of the AdBlue counter drop to 650 miles.
P20EE was common on T6 EU6 engines before software update but shouldn't be issue after the update... has the van got that?

Thanks.
I believe the B2AAA is just because of scanner's incompatibility.
P0401 indeed is EGR related.
P204F most likely is remnant of the AdBlue counter drop to 650 miles.
P20EE was common on T6 EU6 engines before software update but shouldn't be issue after the update... has the van got that?
Every time its been in for a service apparently they check for updates. Do you happen to know the date/name/number for this one if so I will ask the question next Wednesday when it goes in.
Thanks.

Every time its been in for a service apparently they check for updates. Do you happen to know the date/name/number for this one if so I will ask the question next Wednesday when it goes in.
Thanks.
VW service department will always say no updates. Even if updates are available they won't bother updating any controllers unless there are some issues with it/them..

Back