Good evening to all, I would like to know your opinion .. I currently have three sets of tires available..Nokian Wheatherproof, Bf K02 and Continental 200, all in sizes 215 / 65r16..on California documents are also possible 255 / 45r18 tires. .. what tangible improvement would I get in the driving of the vehicle? .. is the shoulder / 45 of the tire not too low for driving on roads that are not really smooth ....? and the negative points? ...

215/100×65=139.75mm
255/100×45=114.75mm

About 2.5 cm more sidewall on the ones you have so not a massive difference and you've still got 11.5 cm sidewall due to the extra width. However, it depends how rough the roads are? If they are as bad as down here in Napoli, I'd stick with the higher side wall before it shakes your van to pieces!

..... I was hoping that the extra centimeters of rubber on the ground made the difference in road holding ....

..... I was hoping that the extra centimeters of rubber on the ground made the difference in road holding ....
yes, but also increased rolling resistance so reduced mpg/mpl

.... you are right Loz .... but compared to what consumes my boat, the liters of diesel I put in the tank of Cali seem to me a few drops ...

It will hold the road better, the lower side walls will help with that. It's a trade off between handling and comfort.

Looking for recommendations for new tyres, find the choice too much and some websites are suggesting tyres that I don't think aren't up to to it van is 2016 T30 with full conversions...thanks in advance.

Depends on what you are thinking of doing with the van. It you want all season tyres I can thoroughly recommend the Michelin Agilis CrossClimates. The Agilis is the full van version and amazing wear characteristics. More info in this thread: Michelin Agilis Crossclimate

Depends on what you are thinking of doing with the van. It you want all season tyres I can thoroughly recommend the Michelin Agilis CrossClimates. The Agilis is the full van version and amazing wear characteristics. More info in this thread: Michelin Agilis Crossclimate

You get about and then some!

Thanks for the reply they look great if a bit pricey but you get what you pay for.

... attualmente le mie ruote sono in acciaio 215 / 65r16 ET 51, quali pneumatici alternativi posso montare senza sfregare e senza dover montare distanziali? (usando sempre i cerchi di 16 ..) .... saluti

... attualmente le mie ruote sono in acciaio 215 / 65r16 ET 51, quali pneumatici alternativi posso montare senza sfregare e senza dover montare distanziali? (usando sempre i cerchi di 16 ..) .... saluti
Probabilmente riceverai una risposta abbastanza rapidamente se pubblichi il tuo messaggio in Inglese.

Probabilmente riceverai una risposta abbastanza rapidamente se pubblichi il tuo messaggio in Inglese.
..sorry...
currently my wheels are made of steel 215 / 65r16 ET 51, which alternative tyres can I fit without rubbing and without having to fit spacers? (always using the circles of 16 ..) .... cheers

BFGOODRICH
ALL TERRAIN T/A KO2
Can you fit these ok
on my factory fitted alloys
205 65R R16 c
If not what size will fit?
TIA

The wheels are now in gloss black. Getting nearish to a change of tyres, I would like a good chunky looking all rounder.
Must be a decent ride as the van is used to tow a large caravan and is a daily drive as well. Looking for some ideas please…

Back