Michelin Agilis Crossclimate

I am very pleased with them! Despite the more robust tread pattern, they are quieter that the original factory fitted Continentals. The handling is excellent as well in all conditions and a nice smooth ride. Not had a chance to try them in snow yet but certainly on muddy camping locations they have been very sure footed.

I measured the tread depths across the width of the tyres when they were new so I could monitor the wear. When new they measured 8.7mm (outer blocks) to 9.1mm (centre V) across the pattern. They have now done approx. 4,500 miles and now measure around 8.3mm and 8.7mm respectively in the same spots. The wear appears pretty even across all the tyres front and back but it is a full camper conversion with the associated weight in the back (+ 2 bikes on the rear carrier for most trips).

I would have no hesitation in recommending them so far! :thumbsup:

Specifically which version did you opt for in the end?

I am very pleased with them! Despite the more robust tread pattern, they are quieter that the original factory fitted Continentals. The handling is excellent as well in all conditions and a nice smooth ride. Not had a chance to try them in snow yet but certainly on muddy camping locations they have been very sure footed.

I measured the tread depths across the width of the tyres when they were new so I could monitor the wear. When new they measured 8.7mm (outer blocks) to 9.1mm (centre V) across the pattern. They have now done approx. 4,500 miles and now measure around 8.3mm and 8.7mm respectively in the same spots. The wear appears pretty even across all the tyres front and back but it is a full camper conversion with the associated weight in the back (+ 2 bikes on the rear carrier for most trips).

I would have no hesitation in recommending them so far! :thumbsup:

Really appreciate your response. I was pretty much sold on these anyway, but this underlines my decision. I'm currently only getting 4/5/k out of my front tires so hopefully with these I can improve that.

I've decided to go for the 75 profile to fill up the arch a bit. The van's also lowered so it should look ok.

@Dilbert - Apologies one more question if I may....

I'm tempted to go for 215/75/r16 for the extra wall. The van is also lowered and I want to fill the arch. However I've read that >70 could induce issues with the transmision.

Any thoughts ?

As another update on the Michelin Agilis CrossClimate tyres ( Discover the MICHELIN Agilis CrossClimate on www.michelin.co.uk ), we have just returned from a 6,300 mile round trip to Morocco. The tyres were excellent and had to deal with snow on the way down through France and some rather interesting 'roads' in the High Atlas Mountains. :eek:

DSC_8995.JPG

Never had any issues and we cruised past many cars being pushed in the snow. We had at least 200 miles on gravel/rubble tracks.

DSC01318.JPG

I referred to the wear and tread depths above in another post and have measured again after the trip. Each tyre is wearing evenly and across the tread pattern. Average wear for this trip was 0.8mm. Fully laden campervan.

Hope this is of help to those looking at tyre choices.

D.

Thanks Dilbert. What size did you have? The Michelin website is saying that the size and rating of tyres in my van is not available (215 60 R17 C 109 107T). I’ve got a converted T32 which was a Kombi and running ContivanContact 200s which have lasted ok but no good on steep loose choss (not helped by traction control).

Thanks. My van came with 17s and hence I suspect the issue re Michelin not making them in my size.

I use Michelin CrosssClimate+ 235/55 17 on my 2017 Caravelle. These tyres are not the Agilis ones.
They are rated 103 and were specced via their online configurator on the Michelin website

Very happy with them ... totally transformed the ride and also the grip is insane (especially in cold wet weather) when compared to the useless continentals that were on as standard.

Got them supplied and fitted at Costco

I use Michelin CrosssClimate+ 235/55 17 on my 2017 Caravelle. These tyres are not the Agilis ones.
They are rated 103 and were specced via their online configurator on the Michelin website

Very happy with them ... totally transformed the ride and also the grip is insane (especially in cold wet weather) when compared to the useless continentals that were on as standard.

Got them supplied and fitted at Costco
Me too, got them just before the Agilis version came out and checked with Michelin if they would be ok. They recommended the SUV version but said the Agilis would be fine too if I wanted to wait. According to the guy I spoke to, the Agilis would be slightly longer lasting and be able to support higher loading for longer (higher than my T28 could legally weigh). Downside was that the slightly harder compound and stiffer sidewall would decrease grip and increase braking distance fractionally, but said that a non-expert would struggle to tell the difference.
Been extremely happy with them, to the extent that I'll have them put on my car in future too, they really do seem to have the best of both worlds.

I could not find the Agilis in 17” only 16

So I have the 235/55/17. Crossclimate +
Fantastic tyres .

Quite fancy these in 17”, they seem to be available here ...

Good spot! Michelin said they were planning on introducing other sizes. The 17" are also on their website now too. :thumbsup:

I know people like the Crossclimate SUV versions but personally, and especially where we have driven, I feel much safer with the Agilis version on the camper and have no plans to changing from them in the future.......once they are worn out!

I use the van rated cross climates. When I checked the dB they are lower than the OG Continentals. I get 4 fitted for £600 via Black Circles. Although my a local tyre shop was cheaper last time when just buying 2.

I’ve not used them on a T6, but they are great tyres. We use on the Fiats (see below) (awful mechanical grip) and they make a massive difference. Not as good as an outright winter, but very good if you don’t wish to switch wheels
38848832802_b1ed8cefed_c.jpgYorkshire Ambulance Service (YY66 SSK) by ferryjammy, on Flickr

Back