Found Winter wheels and tyres (16"/17")

Thunderwulf

VW T6 T28 150 Highline Camper
VIP Member
Hi all

I'm looking for a set of winter wheels and tyres for a 2017 VW T28 Transporter T6 (150HP). It came with 16" Clayton alloys (205 65 R16), now running 255 45 R18 - no changes to brakes or calipers so the van will still take either:

- 205 65 R16
- 215 65 R16
- 235 55 R17
- 255 45 R18

Based in Skipton (BD20). Willing to travel up to 100 miles to collect.

Steels or alloys - not bothered. Looking for tread depths 6mm+ and tyres up to 5 years old.

Thanks all

Last edited:
These might be better than you're after but I have a set of 18" satin black Dezent TE alloys with 255/45/18 Hankook Icept Evo 2 tyres. The minimum tread depth is 7mm and the wear is totally even as my van had standard suspension. The tyre date code is 3417. They're in great condition, absolutely no damage......unfortunately my van was recently written off by a motorcyclist that lost control so I have nothing to fit them to now!.

Attached is a very dusty picture of one. Ignore the tyre to the left of it, that's a summer wheel from our Skoda! I'll get them cleaned up and better pictures this weekend if you're interested.

I'm based just outside of Darlington.

Winter Wheel.jpg

These might be better than you're after but I have a set of 18" satin black Dezent TE alloys with 255/45/18 Hankook Icept Evo 2 tyres. The minimum tread depth is 7mm and the wear is totally even as my van had standard suspension. The tyre date code is 3417. They're in great condition, absolutely no damage......unfortunately my van was recently written off by a motorcyclist that lost control so I have nothing to fit them to now!.

Attached is a very dusty picture of one. Ignore the tyre to the left of it, that's a summer wheel from our Skoda! I'll get them cleaned up and better pictures this weekend if you're interested.

View attachment 181981
Thanks for the heads up but a fellow forum member has sorted me out now

View attachment 181981
What do you want for those ?

I was thinking £550 but need to do a sense check against similar wheels as that could be a mile off!
Hi- Paisley Freight do transport tyres- although packaging may well be awkward. I'm in Liverpool- are they still avaliable?

Hi- Paisley Freight do transport tyres- although packaging may well be awkward. I'm in Liverpool- are they still avaliable?
Hi, SMC hasn't been back in touch, so yes still available however I haven't got the packaging materials here that would prevent any damage during transportation with a haulier.

Back